Newcastle United 1 - 0 QPR - 22/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 27

Mike

What the fuck is going on at QPR anyway? They seemed to sign about fifty players in the summer then they rock up with Shaun Derry, Clint Hill, Ryan Nelsen and Anton Ferdinand in the team. ???

It was really weird today, I noticed that it was obvious that Harry had set them up in a decently solid formation etc, but the players themselves just couldn't be arsed to press the ball at all. They're just not a team.

That said, they have individuals who can hurt teams so I was pleased we contained those.

Souness confused me at times when he complained about door openers, then played Emre so deep. Emre was awesome in and around the box but never got a chance to get there...

I feel my Souness rant coming on so I'll stop there

Same goes for Roeder, he use to drop Emre deep and let Parker bomb forward, completely retarded tactics.

Thought Parker was immense under Souness and was gutted when we sold him,

up yours fat Sam.

What the f*** is going on at QPR anyway? They seemed to sign about fifty players in the summer then they rock up with Shaun Derry, Clint Hill, Ryan Nelsen and Anton Ferdinand in the team. ???

Probably most of the players they signed are either young or has never played in the prem.  Takes time for those types of players to bed in.

Guest neesy111

Souness confused me at times when he complained about door openers, then played Emre so deep. Emre was awesome in and around the box but never got a chance to get there...

Same goes for Roeder, he use to drop Emre deep and let Parker bomb forward, completely retarded tactics.

up yours fat Sam.

I was delighted and still am.  Such a limited footballer.

up yours fat Sam.

I was delighted and still am.  Such a limited footballer.

limited footballer? was Tiote a limited footballer for us last season? Parker is a defensive midfielder and in that role he was class for us.  Shame Roeder and fat Sam didn't have a clue what to do with him.

Guest neesy111

Lee Ryder:  Super Shola Saves Christmas

Really lee, would everyone's xmas been like a soggy biscuit if we had drawn today ffs.

Guest neesy111

Really lee, would everyone's xmas been like a soggy biscuit if we had drawn today ffs.

Mine would tbh.

It's nothing against you but fans that take these things to heart need to take a step back from it all imo.

Awful performance against a truely shocking team, didnt look likely to get a winner then Shola stepped up with the one bit of quality in the match.

Absolute pastings ahead in the next 2, but 3pts today was the main thing. Anything less and we were fucked.

Mine would tbh.

It's nothing against you but fans that take these things to heart need to take a step back from it all imo.

It's just a headline though, no need to take it so seriously. Ryder is a terrible journo (and there is every chance he doesn't even write the headlines), but come on you can't really have a go at him for that - it's just the obvious pun.

Was probably the lowest quality match I've ever been at first half, considering it was quite an important game we created absolutely nothing. A lot of people in the stand were calling for 442, calling Pardew stubborn for persisting with 1 up front, which is like opposite land to here. There is absolutely no point in playing Cisse on the wing, he is not a winger. When you have him one side and Jonas the other backed up by Perch, Tiote and Anita it's obvious your creativity is going to be suffering. It is obvious to me that Marveaux will be off in January, that is the only reason I can think of that Pardew persists in benching him when we are lacking any sort of creativity. Anita is growing into a useful player for us in there but he's not a "final pass" kind of player, he'll keep it ticking over and I would like to see a him, Tiote & Cabaye three-man midfield at some point.

QPR came for a point and rarely had more than 4 men in our half, they deserved everything they got. The referee was wank and seemed incapable of getting any decision correct, including when Cisse turned his marker who then fell over and got given a free kick. Shola came on and we went a bit more direct - to be fair there was still some shorter passing but we had a focal point to our attack and, to be fair, on a day like today when the conditions were quite bleak it was a smart move. Shola gave them all sorts of problems and of course took his goal exceptionally well, but he was played in by Marveaux who made such a difference to our play.

Man Utd won't be worried at all by us, with Tiote out I assume he'll move Jonas back inside and play Obertan but it won't make a difference. So let's enjoy this win as the rest of the year might be quite bleak.

I didn't think today was too bad in all honesty. There are still massive areas to improve upon but at least we're approaching games like a football team now, Pards just needs to be more proactive in his selections.

Marveaux should have been on from the off today, normally I'd want him centrally but we really need a decent left footer in that front 3, we could have been in on numerous occasions if we'd more potency down that side but we had Jonas, who's a useless crosser (as we all know). I'm confident we'd have won this far more comfortably, if we'd had a starter with that little bit of creativity in the final third.

We're edging back to our old level and I thought it was good to see we didn't go overly hoof when Shola came on, it's a step in the right direction.

On a sidenote, I felt sorry for Cisse. He played relatively well in my opinion, with some nice touches and movement off the ball, it wasn't really fair that he was sacrificed.

I didn't think today was too bad in all honesty. There are still massive areas to improve upon but at least we're approaching games like a football team now, Pards just needs to be more proactive in his selections.

Marveaux should have been on from the off today, normally I'd want him centrally but we really need a decent left footer in that front 3, we could have been in on numerous occasions if we'd more potency down that side but we had Jonas, who's a useless crosser (as we all know). I'm confident we'd have won this far more comfortably, if we'd had a starter with that little bit of creativity in the final third.

We're edging back to our old level and I thought it was good to see we didn't go overly hoof when Shola came on, it's a step in the right direction.

On a sidenote, I felt sorry for Cisse. He played relatively well in my opinion, with some nice touches and movement off the ball, it wasn't really fair that he was sacrificed.

My thoughts exactly.

Cisse was very unlucky, it was one of Ba's poorest games for us and he should have made way. He played very selfishly I thought.

I thought that, everytime Ba gets the ball he shoots (except for the 1-2 with Cisse) and it's normally when there's about 3 players in the way. I can understand that Pardew would get pelters for taking off his top scorer at 0-0 but BA was shit at most things today, his free kicks were horrific.

Cisse was very unlucky, it was one of Ba's poorest games for us and he should have made way. He played very selfishly I thought.

Spot on. Don't understand why Ba seems untouchable.

Because Pardew's terrified of losing the team's only goalscorer this season without a replacement.

Thought Oberton played with a lot of purpose, no dithering today and he seemed much more confident to go past the full back. Very impressed! Good covering aswell.

I am a big jonas fan but when you have Perch, tiote and Anita it was crying out for marveax from the start. I don't like anita and tiote coming so deep to receive the ball from the defence, seems like they are under instruction to take zero risk and not to bring the ball out... Dissapointing tbh