Newcastle United 1 - 0 QPR - 22/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 27

Mike

Another one where I come in from the match happy and read depressing s*** on here. Suppose I've only got myself to blame.

:lol: I'd feel so guilty if I put you on ignore.

Likewise mate, I've been genuinely surprised a couple of times though.

We got an absolutely vital win today when we really needed it, and when it looked at times we wouldn't manage it. I'd like to think I'm not a total mug, but I honestly didn't expect to find such negative feeling tonight.

We had 1 good shot on target against as bad a team as I can remember us playing at SJP and probably the worst goalkeeper too. It was the absolute definition of papering over the cracks.

I suppose so, obviously we lacked the invention we'd all like to see. But otherwise we did OK I thought, we just had one clear weakness - the ability to cut through.

Anyway, never mind, me arguing this is largely pointless. We'll get hammered in the next couple and everyone get have proper reasons to complain.

Nah, that's where you just say they're games we'd expect to lose anyway.

You'd have said the same if I told you in August that we'd have been beaten at home by Swansea and West Ham, still haven't scored from a set piece, still haven't won away, still haven't come from behind.

We're absolutely rotten. No matter how utterly awful we are, you can guarantee someone will come and tell you that you're too "negative". Had an entire season of it when we went down and yet folk never learn.

Nothing to do with your general mindset, but to have them two games as 'write off' is a tad extreme surely?

Another one where I come in from the match happy and read depressing s*** on here. Suppose I've only got myself to blame.

We got an absolutely vital win today when we really needed it, and when it looked at times we wouldn't manage it. I'd like to think I'm not a total mug, but I honestly didn't expect to find such negative feeling tonight.

We had 1 good shot on target against as bad a team as I can remember us playing at SJP and probably the worst goalkeeper too. It was the absolute definition of papering over the cracks.

I suppose so, obviously we lacked the invention we'd all like to see. But otherwise we did OK I thought, we just had one clear weakness - the ability to cut through.

Anyway, never mind, me arguing this is largely pointless. We'll get hammered in the next couple and everyone get have proper reasons to complain.

Comedy genius. FWIW I can't remembered ever saying that.

It is exactly 100% what you would say. No doubt in my mind.

It is exactly 100% what you would say. No doubt in my mind.

:lol:

That's that cleared up then.

I'm cheered up by the performance, cutting it wasn't, yes the attack needs sorting out but they came for the draw obviously, we needed a win, it was prolly going to be ugly whatever and we got one. Plenty in the team were alright, just without Ben Arfa and Cabaye there's noone to glue the defence to the attack. We'll improve, Marveaux looks great and if he can force his way into the first team second half of the season that's good news.

Yeah next few games may suck mightily but bleh, problems yes, no where near as good as we were last season yeah but nice to get a 1-0 win atm sometimes. Also went mental when Shola scored just in front of me

Green isn't a bad keeper. one rick against the USA for England and he's suddenly a shit keeper???

We dominated today from start to finish but our final ball (mainly from Jonas) was rubbish.

Another one where I come in from the match happy and read depressing shit on here. Suppose I've only got myself to blame.

The forum can fuck off tonight like. Read some embarrassing bollocks in this thread.

We looked solid without scoring for an hour. We controlled the game without dominating it: QPR were absolutely fucking dogshit and apart from that freekick in stoppage time that Krul dealt with, he did not have a single save to make. Pardew made his subs (Shola and Obertan FFS MAN BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) at the exact right time and we built up a head of steam, largely thanks to the input of those two, scored, won the game and saw it out comfortably-ish. The pleasing thing was we looked to play on the counter and grab the second goal instead of trying to sit really deep and defend 1-0.

I mean, come on. In isolation it was a professional, comfortable performance. It wasn't vintage or champagne (cue Pards: 'flat bitter') but it was good enough and that's all that counted today: we needed 3 points and we got them.

Even from the likes of Wullie, who normally is negative with good reason, the posts I've read have been absolutely fucking stinking. We won the match with relative ease, we haven't won or kept a clean sheet for fucking ages so shut yer trap and enjoy it for a change, man. Gan get some Prozac, honestly.

This is the worse team in the league we're talking about right? :lol:

Guest neesy111

Another one where I come in from the match happy and read depressing shit on here. Suppose I've only got myself to blame.

The forum can fuck off tonight like. Read some embarrassing bollocks in this thread.

We looked solid without scoring for an hour. We controlled the game without dominating it: QPR were absolutely fucking dogshit and apart from that freekick in stoppage time that Krul dealt with, he did not have a single save to make. Pardew made his subs (Shola and Obertan FFS MAN BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) at the exact right time and we built up a head of steam, largely thanks to the input of those two, scored, won the game and saw it out comfortably-ish. The pleasing thing was we looked to play on the counter and grab the second goal instead of trying to sit really deep and defend 1-0.

I mean, come on. In isolation it was a professional, comfortable performance. It wasn't vintage or champagne (cue Pards: 'flat bitter') but it was good enough and that's all that counted today: we needed 3 points and we got them.

Even from the likes of Wullie, who normally is negative with good reason, the posts I've read have been absolutely fucking stinking. We won the match with relative ease, we haven't won or kept a clean sheet for fucking ages so shut yer trap and enjoy it for a change, man. Gan get some Prozac, honestly.

:facepalm:

Guest neesy111

Name me once we got through that QPR side apart from when Marveaux was on.  They were comfortable as an away team imo until the goal.  Honestly I still do not know what Perch and Jonas did all game, can some one explain?

Guest neesy111

Green isn't a bad keeper. one rick against the USA for England and he's suddenly a s*** keeper???

He was awful today. Spilled almost everything and kicked half his clearances out of play. I was very gutted we didn't test him more.

Anything that came near him it was the punch out, mind he wasn't tested at all until the 70th minute from our lot.

Green isn't a bad keeper. one rick against the USA for England and he's suddenly a s*** keeper???

He was awful today. Spilled almost everything and kicked half his clearances out of play. I was very gutted we didn't test him more.

He hardly had anything to do really and the conditions would have tested the best goalkeeper in the world today, wind was swirling and i was even getting wet in level 7.

Name me once we got through that QPR side apart from when Marveaux was on.  They were comfortable as an away team imo until the goal.  Honestly I still do not know what Perch and Jonas did all game, can some one explain?

I wouldn't say they looked comfortable, they seemed to be just managing to hold out. We obviously struggled to break them down in general. We got a load of crosses in that could have gone to someone on another day, but at the same time they weren't great crosses.

I agree that Marv should be starting though, he looks a cut above.

Got to be honest, the result today was always going be more important than the performance. We HAD to win today and we did.

It would've been nice to win with a bit of style and play well but it didn't materialise. It was more of the same dirge we've watched all season and there are still massive problems that Pardew seems unable or unwilling to sort out.

I haven't seen anything at all from the game today but the suggestion that the three points are such a relief that the performance should become virtually irrelevant basically sums up the state we're in at present. It's the kind of thing I imagine fans of perennial relegation strugglers say.

Guest neesy111

I wouldn't say they looked comfortable, they seemed to be just managing to hold out. We obviously struggled to break them down in general. We got a load of crosses in that could have gone to someone on another day, but at the same time they weren't great crosses.

I agree that Marv should be starting though, he looks a cut above.

How many times are we going to say Jonas' crosses were if's and but's?  He's absolute shite as a winger and not once this season he's beaten his man in a game.  I seriously hope for his sake he's carrying an injury.

Guest neesy111

I haven't seen anything at all from the game today but the suggestion that the three points are such a relief that the performance should become virtually irrelevant basically sums up the state we're in at present. It's the kind of thing I imagine fans of perennial relegation strugglers say.

Think this is the best summarisation of it all. :thup:

:facepalm:

Howay then, explain to me what's wrong with that, shite-for-brains. Let us have your excellent opinion instead of a fucking emoticon, man. :lol: