Newcastle United 1 - 0 QPR - 22/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 27

Mike

Cisse was very unlucky, it was one of Ba's poorest games for us and he should have made way. He played very selfishly I thought.

Spot on. Don't understand why Ba seems untouchable.

Because Pardew's terrified of losing the team's only goalscorer this season without a replacement.

I can understand it I suppose, but he looks to be going anyway. It would be a shame if we were left with an unhappy Cisse.

Cisse was very unlucky, it was one of Ba's poorest games for us and he should have made way. He played very selfishly I thought.

Spot on. Don't understand why Ba seems untouchable.

Because Pardew's terrified of losing the team's only goalscorer this season without a replacement.

I can understand it I suppose, but he looks to be going anyway. It would be a shame if we were left with an unhappy Cisse.

Perhaps if he could trust the board to back him in the transfer market then he'd be more comfortable about potentially pissing key players off if he feels it's for the good of the team. Frankly Ba has been in miles better form than Cisse this season and for most of the games they've both been up front.

Or maybe Pardew just doesn't see any benefits of 4-3-3 with Ba out wide. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Don't know if anyone's mentioned it before, but Anita's set plays are top drawer! been a while since we've had consistently good free kicks and corners, although that said we should ban willo from going anywhere near the opposition box!!!

To be honest it wouldn't matter what formation we played if we could have a bit of movement when on the ball. I get that we're playing effectively 3 dm's but if they were allowed to interchange and move with one striker dropping deep to help interlink play we'd be a lot more dangerous even without cabaye and ben arfa. Instead everyone stands in a rigid formation which means we basically create fuck all unless someone provides a bit of magic.

Had another look at their 11 and bench today, they should be doing MUCH better :lol: they brought Hoilett off the bench and Onouah (sp, for both) didn't even get a game.

They have some very good players.

Pieces of a whole and all that.

Mercenaries, who enjoy their pay packets.  £65k per week for Bow-swingaar :lol:

Something like that, mental comparing the benches and seeing how bad they are.

I do have selective/short term memory but when looking at the match day squads I expected them to be packed full of shite with one or two decent players. They have a very good squad :lol:

Something like that, mental comparing the benches and seeing how bad they are.

I do have selective/short term memory but when looking at the match day squads I expected them to be packed full of shite with one or two decent players. They have a very good squad :lol:

They have a lot of attacking players who were good a few seasons ago or have shown flashes, and some like Granero who have never played in the Premiership. Their defence is dogshit though and Taraabt is very hit and miss, it's like they have thought about parts of the team and not others. Hoillet, Taraabt, SWP (5 years ago), Cisse/Zamora is a decent front 4, but with Clint Hill & Shaun Derry trying to keep things at bay you're doomed for failure. That M'Bia looks a bit of a unit

Do you ever think Onuoha isn't really that good after all the promise he showed? He can't get in that defence ffs, Clint Hill played centre half today with Anton Ferdinand at right back.

Don't think he's arsed, signed a massive deal and will live the life of luxury not matter what. You don't go to qpr to be serious about football, they've shoved all them lads out the door or to the reserves.

We really struggle to break down defences that stand off us. We are very predictable.

Is was great to see Krul playing the ball short but unbelievable that once we scored he resorted to booting it upfield.

Jonas had clearly been told to great crosses in but he no longer can go past a man.

Cisse was well pissed off but we needed a goal and given that he had to come off as opposed to Ba.

Our movement remains very poor and the only player who looks like he can take a player on is Santon.

All in all we struggled against a very limited team.