Norwich City vs Newcastle United - 12/01/13 @ 3pm (not on TV)

bowlingcrofty

Guest VanBarduck

Cisse

Marv                  Hba

Cabaye

Anita      Bigi

Santon  Colo  Taylor  Debuchy

:naughty:

Ben Arfa centrally please , Rinus Michel said " You want to have your most creative player in the final-third center of the pitch" or something pretty close  :laugh:

Guest ItalianMagpie

:idiot2:

I hate it, it's completely pointless. They go on and on with dozens of useless horizontal passes, no crosses, no variety, no through balls, no plan B. At some point, ball to Messi, goal.

Rinse and repeat.

Great :neutral:

Just look at the Swansea game last year: they kept the ball the whole time, passed with impressive accuracy, did f*** all and we got the points.

I seriously fall asleep when Barca and friends play.

Comparing Swansea to Barcelona.  :spit:

Why not? The players are different, but the boring football is the same.

Swansea last season play in a completely different style to Barcelona. Yes they may have kept the ball but a lot of the time their play didn't have any real purpose and the likes of Allen and Brittain were just recycling possession by passing it backwards or sidewards. Not only do Barca keep the ball but the always looks to pass forward at any available opportunity.

Yes well, so did Swansea. I hardly believe that their goal was to waste time recycling useless possession just for the sake of it. Most of the time they didn't have a clue, and the same happens to Barcelona. Of course the difference is that in 90' the spaniards always manage to crack the opposition's defense cause they have a huge amount of talent and you hardly manage to contain them. But for the rest of it, is just a complete bore.

Out of interest what kind of style do you prefer, or what team would you like us to be like style wise?

I like direct, vertical balls, through balls, players moving all the time and not static as fuck waiting the ball on their feet, overlaps on the wings, one vs one battles to create any sort of dangers in the final third.

Basically the opposite of what we usually do tbh :lol:

I hate it, it's completely pointless. They go on and on with dozens of useless horizontal passes, no crosses, no variety, no through balls, no plan B. At some point, ball to Messi, goal.

Rinse and repeat.

Just look at the Swansea game last year: they kept the ball the whole time, passed with impressive accuracy, did f*** all and we got the points.

Never seen such shit posted in my life.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Rinse and repeat.

Never seen such s*** posted in my life.

There are those who drool for their style and those who hate their style. I'm definitely in the second group, and I'm certainly not the only one.

For me when it's defensive tika taka is just as boring as really defensive any other style and it happens, swansea were bad at it last season (primarily when out of form) and barcalona and spain at times also have points where they seem to control without flair, but they have plenty of flair to make up at other times too.

Dortmund are still prolly the best team to watch in Europe atm and they play a slightly different way but that's because they're super aggressive, and still exert the high pressing. I love how Juve play, all clever movement rather than possession per se but not sure if that excels due to the league more than anything and if it'll stand up to teams with more width and aggression.

Right now i'd just be happy if when one of our players has the ball, someone else in B&W makes some movement and shows for the ball.

Aye, that would a decent start. Then maybe we can work on giving the bloke in possession more than one option. Baby steps.

Rinse and repeat.

There are those who drool for their style and those who hate their style. I'm definitely in the second group, and I'm certainly not the only one.

Yeah but you're trying to say Barcelona don't attempt through balls, or create 1 v 1s, or put crosses in. That's just ridiculous, unless you're basing your entire opinion on a small sample of games where they've been effectively shut out by teams in the CL.

Do you think swansea were more defensive last season due to the fact it was their first season up, they had less quality players and didn't want to end up getting relegated? Pardew seems obsessed with defending a 1 goal lead, the weird thing is we'd probably actually be better keeping hold of the ball doing nothing with it than just punting it up field and sitting deep.

Do you think swansea were more defensive last season due to the fact it was their first season up, they had less quality players and didn't want to end up getting relegated? Pardew seems obsessed with defending a 1 goal lead, the weird thing is we'd probably actually be better keeping hold of the ball doing nothing with it than just punting it up field and sitting deep.

That and Brendan Rodgers is a bit of a possession fetishist. Martinez got them playing attacking good footy, Rodgers made it more defensive which prolly kept them in league but anyway this year can show how you can defend from midfield with players like britton who is hardly a tackler but will keep the ball. Why I think Cabaye and Anita in the holding roles with Marveaux ahead is the midfield for the future, yes lost the bulk of an outright tackler but they should be able to keep teh ball and get it moving forward, unlike when we rely on Tiote and Perch to break up play but not actually do anything with the ball.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Rinse and repeat.

Yeah but you're trying to say Barcelona don't attempt through balls, or create 1 v 1s, or put crosses in. That's just ridiculous, unless you're basing your entire opinion on a small sample of games where they've been effectively shut out by teams in the CL.

Sorry mate, but if you say that Barcelona put crosses in I think you never watched a single game of them :neutral:

I've never ever ever seen a single cross put in in any Barca game. Ever. And it would be pointless anyway: who should take advange of them?

And they hardly attempt through balls either, most of the time it's triangle passes just outside the area: it's always the same and extremely predictable, but their incredible speed and execution don't prevent them fom being effective.

Rinse and repeat.

Sorry mate, but if you say that Barcelona put crosses in I think you never watched a single game of them :neutral:

I've never ever ever seen a single cross put in in any Barca game. Ever. And it would be pointless anyway: who should take advange of them?

And they hardly attempt through balls either, most of the time it's triangle passes just outside the area: it's always the same and extremely predictable, but their incredible speed and execution don't prevent them fom being effective.

:lol: Erm, I watch them most weeks and they definitely do put crosses into the box. Do you think Dani Alves and Jordi Alba are renowned for their defensive solidity and aversion to offering width in attack?

Through balls attempted per game in Europe last season:

http://basstunedtored.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/team-through-balls1.jpg

Guest ItalianMagpie

What you on about mate? Dani Alves puts loads of crosses in every game.

C'mon, seriously? :neutral:

Do you remember any header in a Barca game?

Just give it up now ItalianMagpie, don't you know that you're duty bound to love Barcelona/Spain and everything they do? It's not acceptable to prefer a different style.

The football Spain played at the Euros is completely different to what Barcelona play though.

It's fair enough having a preference, but he's just talking nonsense. Particularly with the comparison to Swansea FFS.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Just give it up now ItalianMagpie, don't you know that you're duty bound to love Barcelona/Spain and everything they do? It's not acceptable to prefer a different style.

I'm getting it now :lol:

Actually I'm used to it, I'm surrounded by dozens of people who think Barcelona should be mentioned in the Bible, but everywhere I go I find some fellow rebels who are with me on this one. I'll find them here too :lol:

Guest ItalianMagpie

Rinse and repeat.

:lol: Erm, I watch them most weeks and they definitely do put crosses into the box. Do you think Dani Alves and Jordi Alba are renowned for their defensive solidity and aversion to offering width in attack?

Through balls attempted per game in Europe last season:

http://basstunedtored.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/team-through-balls1.jpg

I admit I'm quite surprised. Still, I'd like to know what they considered a through ball, cause if triangles are it's not a relevant statistic. In any case, it's a bit easier to find a through ball space when you're winning by 3-4 goals like they usually do in most games, the hard part is doing it in competitive games, and imho they just don't.

What you on about mate? Dani Alves puts loads of crosses in every game.

C'mon, seriously? :neutral:

Do you remember any header in a Barca game?

You can cross the ball on the ground you know? besides because they don't score from his crosses don't mean they don't try them.

Because they certainly do.

I don't like looking at stats but Alves averages 2 crosses a game.