Norwich City 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/01/13 - post-match reaction from pg 37

Dave

Pardew reckons that match was 'much brighter in terms of what we should be doing in an away game'. :laugh:

None of that scoring and trying to win games nonsense.

I reckon he's watching something else to the rest of us.. Unless all he cares about his keeping a clean sheet.

Ben arfa won't turn around our season on his own.  That's the only attacking player we have to comeback.  So those keep saying players coming back will turn our season around need to get real.

This, absolutely.

Cabaye?

I don't see how anyone can argue that our team with Cabaye and HBA won't be infinitely more threatening than without them.

Ben arfa won't turn around our season on his own.  That's the only attacking player we have to comeback.  So those keep saying players coming back will turn our season around need to get real.

This, absolutely.

Cabaye?

I don't see how anyone can argue that our team with Cabaye and HBA won't be infinitely more threatening than without them.

Cabaye did nowt today.

Guest neesy111

This, absolutely.

Cabaye?

We were threatening v Man Utd and Arsenal without them because our tactics allowed it.  If we setup like we did today, it wouldn't matter who we had out it would still be complete dog shit.

This, absolutely.

Cabaye?

We were threatening v Man Utd and Arsenal without them because our tactics allowed it.  If we setup like we did today, it wouldn't matter who we had out it would still be complete dog shit.

yes but we were also wide open at the back and conceded 11 goals.

Guest bimpy474

This, absolutely.

Cabaye?

yes but we were also wide open at the back and conceded 11 goals.

Didn't think we were wide open as such against Man Utd, our defending was just pathetic, individually and collectively.

A few thoughts.

Positive first. krul + defends was did well. we needed a clean sheet. cabaye back looked promising. got 1 point....at least.

Negative: everything else i guess. Good job keeping them from scoring but we hardly had a shot at their goal....a team who havent had a clean sheet since november. its norwich ffs.

Cisse must be frustrated as hell. soooooooooooo isolated. too much focus on defending.

Also obertan and jonas on wings doesn´t produce anything. jonas helps out defending....but obertan :rant:

cornes and free kicks is never seen worse...AT ALL. its unbelievable how poor we are. They are so important to us since we cant be a serious attacking treat in open play.

anitas new long ball style is a proper proof of pardew f.cking everything up. I do not believe in him anymore. I hate his football philosophy and im far from convinced it will ever change. Good players can be brought in....but it will be down to their individual talent to show us good attacking football, it will never be because of pardews ideas/tactics.

we have never looked so poor for so long before.

Like my brother who was late out for the second half, you must have missed his last ditched toe poke to stop us going behind. He may have offered little else but this (along with Perch in the 1st half) was one of very few good touches in a horrible game.

Just arrived back to Northampton after being at Norwich and I'm still not sure what to think of the game.

Both teams were horrendous so the draw was probably the fair result. Glad we managed to hold on for the point but at the same time gutted that we didn't offer more in front of goal. Last season this would have been one of those games we would have won but 4 points off a normally strong Norwich side this season can still be drawn as a positive. We didn't lose and as long as we build on it next week, it was a good (if not a frustrating) result.

Performance wise, we didn't help ourselves at times, Norwich didn't help us at times and our lack of confidence really didn't help us at times. Their front 2/3/4 sat very high up the pitch and not only did this stop our back 4 moving forward, it also pulled half our midfield back with them. Our wide men generally stayed wide on the flanks with Cisse and Marveaux somewhere in between, and this meant there was a large void in the centre of the pitch that Norwich consistently used and built chances from. Once Cabaye came on this situation improved but was Obertan really the sub to make? Fair enough him and Jonas had been poor but both were making unassisted runs that would have only improved had it been for a rock in the middle to help take away some pressure. I lost count the number of times we had the ball level with the 18yrd box with our nearest players either being Cisse/Marveaux hiding in amongst the defenders or our defence/rest of midfield way back on the halfway line. The end product and simple passes were poor all day.

I said it during the first half and the scenes at full time only, unfortunately, confirmed that today was probably Colo's last performance. He was a man on a mission on several attacks and came very close with his overhead kick. He seemed to be in tears at FT and was really needing the support of both the Newcastle and Norwich players as he left the pitch. We don't really know the situation but if that was his last game, I'm glad we managed to keep the clean sheet for him. Only time will tell on the situation but it doesn't look good.

Results else where didn't go our way and the premier league table doesn't make pretty reading, but we must look at ourselves before others. The next game is huge, huger than any other huge game this season. We must get 3 points ....

Everyone looking forward to MOTD tonight? :lol:

What is this MOTD you speak of? :whistle:

I've just seen WBA and Lukaku in particular waste a hatful of chances. He should have scored 6 and reading should have been dead and buried long before their 1st goal.

Just arrived back to Northampton after being at Norwich and I'm still not sure what to think of the game.

Both teams were horrendous so the draw was probably the fair result. Glad we managed to hold on for the point but at the same time gutted that we didn't offer more in front of goal. Last season this would have been one of those games we would have won but 4 points off a normally strong Norwich side this season can still be drawn as a positive. We didn't lose and as long as we build on it next week, it was a good (if not a frustrating) result.

Performance wise, we didn't help ourselves at times, Norwich didn't help us at times and our lack of confidence really didn't help us at times. Their front 2/3/4 sat very high up the pitch and not only did this stop our back 4 moving forward, it also pulled half our midfield back with them. Our wide men generally stayed wide on the flanks with Cisse and Marveaux somewhere in between, and this meant there was a large void in the centre of the pitch that Norwich consistently used and built chances from. Once Cabaye came on this situation improved but was Obertan really the sub to make? Fair enough him and Jonas had been poor but both were making unassisted runs that would have only improved had it been for a rock in the middle to help take away some pressure. I lost count the number of times we had the ball level with the 18yrd box with our nearest players either being Cisse/Marveaux hiding in amongst the defenders or our defence/rest of midfield way back on the halfway line. The end product and simple passes were poor all day.

I said it during the first half and the scenes at full time only, unfortunately, confirmed that today was probably Colo's last performance. He was a man on a mission on several attacks and came very close with his overhead kick. He seemed to be in tears at FT and was really needing the support of both the Newcastle and Norwich players as he left the pitch. We don't really know the situation but if that was his last game, I'm glad we managed to keep the clean sheet for him. Only time will tell on the situation but it doesn't look good.

Results else where didn't go our way and the premier league table doesn't make pretty reading, but we must look at ourselves before others. The next game is huge, huger than any other huge game this season. We must get 3 points ....

Fuck.  :(

:(

[/quote

:jesuswept:

Everyone looking forward to MOTD tonight? :lol:

What is this MOTD you speak of? :whistle:

I've just seen WBA and Lukaku in particular waste a hatful of chances. He should have scored 6 and reading should have been dead and buried long before their 1st goal.

canny- Ive just seen a guy try to claim he doesnt need his car taxed as he was being towed and the rope snapped- on Road Wars.