Norwich City 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/01/13 - post-match reaction from pg 37

Dave

Guest ThievingMagpie

That was liquid football out there today. Totally wowed me over with all the chances and missed opportunities. 8/10 I would watch that match again.

Well, what can you say to that? Fair result.

Expect Pardew to focus on the positives of getting a clean sheet and not quite having enough "verve" going forward to open them up.

I think the truth is closer to: Our main focus was to keep that clean sheet, and the rest of our football mirrored our financial/transfer policy - ie. that of trying to squeeze as much reward possible from the most prudent and miserly outlay

(ie. Cisse up top alone, moving well enough - albeit with a rapist's touch - marked by four Norwich defenders, with the occasional unconvincing run from Jonas or Marv thrown in the mix, who were quickly outnumbered or only able to put in feeble balls which were easily cut out).

Santon and Krul were good though, after some poor games from both.

Had hoped beyond hope to see a bit more bravery against an out-of-sorts Norwich, because draws are not good enough. We have Pardew though, and I know what to expect. It was more or less what I expected so I feel more or less the same.

QPR drew against Spurs, Reading got three points, Sunderland can start looking forward to midtable mediocrity, and we are deeper in the poo than ever.

I say it again: Sack Pardew before it's too late. More important than any signing this summer.

We desperately need to sign someone creative like. Lack of service for Cisse was terrible.

No we don't, we have Cabaye, Marveaux, Anita and Ben Arfa (when fit). We just need a new manager who will accommodate these gifted players and get us playing and moving.

A pacey striker could do wonders for the team, as would another person in the Ben Arfa or Marveaux mould. Somebody to actually run at the defense. Mind saying that would be nice to have a manager who knew what he was doing...

Guest bimpy474

no movement when we get the ball.

Aye, only Cabaye and Marv try to get into little bits of space.

Iwant to know what Pardew is teaching them, out first touch all over the park is dreadful, Colo the only one who is good at it.

It was very important that we got a point, but there's a lot needs addressing.

We didn't look remotely like scoring in the second half. Cisse had clearly been told to stay in the centre and wait for chances. All very well, but we could really do with a striker who's a bit more versatile.

I still don't like us playing with two DMs in midfield. We are so slow and deliberate in getting the ball forward, particularly after turnovers that should afford us good opportunities.

Yes, it is good that we finally kept a clean sheet and stopped losing, as well as having Cabaye and a proper right back for the first team in about 3 years. However, you just know Pardew will be glorifying that point and bang on about 'being away from home' and 'keeping a clean sheet' and somehow call it a marvellous performance.

That was absolutely shocking to watch, we tested them about twice all game I think. With all teams (bar Villa) picking up points around us that was a thoroughly pointless point. We could have easily won that if we had a manager with a pair of balls. My god I fucking hate that man, fuck off Pardew you spineless cunt.

We have absolutely no idea how to attack, doesn't matter how many players we sign.. Our game plan is the problem, we can't even do simple things like pass to each other.. Make runs etc.

We have no idea how to utilise Cisse - he was totally isolated and scrapping for shite punts - and really, our whole season now depends on him getting back into scoring form. If we don't get him back on form then I can't see how we'll possibly avoid relegation.

Everyone admits Norwich have been playing pretty well, so it wasn't realistic to expect to go there and pick up a straightforward win. Another point, they're all going to be vital. Overall a shocking game and with little from us going forward. Gorgeous to see Cabaye back though.

To be fair we looked better with Cabs on. Guttierez sits far too central and deep. Norwich did a great job closing us down constantly and shutting down Santon and Debuchy, which really stifled our attacks.

The most worrying thing, hoofball aside is that we seem hesitant and scared to give it a go and attack. We will regularly pass sideways or back rather than trying to push and attack an opposition defence. We are sadly lacking someone to do that through the middle. Hopefully that will be Cabs and Hatem will be back soon to help.

Any other time i would be furious we were so negative away to norwich but under these conditions we have to take every point. Could easily have lost given the way we have crumbled lately.

Got to beat reading now and then go to villa with more confidence.

We have absolutely no idea how to attack, doesn't matter how many players we sign.. Our game plan is the problem, we can't even do simple things like pass to each other.. Make runs etc.

We have no idea how to utilise Cisse - he was totally isolated

Who's there to support him? We simply don't have the players we need.