Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's amazing how little people appreciate that work rate is a key component of being a good premier league player like.

http://i4.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article9086561.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/JS61651845.jpg

Yes, well done.

It's amazing how little people appreciate that work rate is a key component of being a good premier league player like.

I appreciate it, I just don't see the lack of work rate most of the time. How many times do full backs do anything up against him? Both Wijnaldum and Aarons both let their full back go yesterday at one stage, one resulting in a goal

The defence was a collective shambles yesterday, Colback, Taylor, Janmaat and Lascelles were all directly involved in conceding soft goals (sometimes more than once) yet here we are in the Sissoko thread talking about his shit crossing.

The reaction to him being subbed yesterday was grim. Showed how thick our fans are tbh. Colback hasn't even had a fraction of that sort abuse by our fans.

Colback was getting the dogs abuse where I was yesterday

Yup, particularly after the fucking shocking pass that led to their first. Doesn't fit in with the daft Geordies hating forrins agenda on here though.

The reaction to him being subbed yesterday was grim. Showed how thick our fans are tbh. Colback hasn't even had a fraction of that sort abuse by our fans.

Yup, particularly after the f***ing shocking pass that led to their first. Doesn't fit in with the daft Geordies hating forrins agenda on here though.

Colback has been subbed a couple of times and he's never received that sort of reaction that Sissoko got yesterday.

Totally different just a few people shouting at a player. I mean the corner were genuinely singing 'Champions League you're having a laugh' at Sissoko after 10 minutes or so and then again when he was subbed off.

I thought it was awful support yesterday pretty much from kick off. Any misplaced pass or error was greeted with moans and groans.

Yup, particularly after the f***ing shocking pass that led to their first. Doesn't fit in with the daft Geordies hating forrins agenda on here though.

Colback has been subbed a couple of times and he's never received that sort of reaction that Sissoko got yesterday.

Totally different just a few people shouting at a player. I mean the corner were genuinely singing 'Champions League you're having a laugh' at Sissoko after 10 minutes or so and then again when he was subbed off.

I thought it was awful support yesterday pretty much from kick off. Any misplaced pass or error was greeted with moans and groans.

Colback does at least try to be fair to the shitehawk, hence the lack of real venom I suppose.

Agree with the final sentence.

Club is being run into the ground, most the players dont give a shit and peope are surprised there's loads of scattergun vitriol about? There's only one way to improve the mood in St James and get them off players backs (even if some players are more deserving than others), its win games. I'm not going to criticise fans for bein frustrated at teh team. However at this point we desperately need less to turn up to make a point.

Guest firetotheworks

Debating who should have been booed more than others. :lol: That's the level of debate available to us at the moment.

I don't boo my own players but Sissoko thoroughly deserved the vitriol thrown at him yesterday.

It's one thing to be shit and put the effort in but to have the ability and totally the wrong attitude is unacceptable.

Wasn't even close to being our worst player yesterday. Crowd got what they wanted though.

I thought he was one of our better players as usual. But the locals prefer the likes of Taylor and Colback who run around without getting within 3 yards of an opponent, but hey, they care because they're geordies.

It's got nothing to do with being a Geordie.

Shelvey isn't a Geordie is he???

Sissoko was utter shit and played like he couldn't give a toss yet he's desperate to make the France squad for Euro 16???

As others have said, it wasn't just yesterday, he's played like that for a long time and has the odd fleeting moment captured by the MOTD cameras.

While I'm not defending him, why single him out over say, Winjaldum?

I'm not, I've said exactly the same about Gini if you take a look on his thread.

They were both absolutely appalling yesterday.

:thup:

A lot more people in here though. I think Winjaldum has been nothing short of disgraceful for the past month at least.

I've been saying wijnaldum is shit for months but what do I know as everyone thinks I talk shit and know nowt.

Both of them need dropping.

It's s***, but that's missing out the bit where there's no one else who scores or assists. :lol:

In comparison, in the same shit team... Shelvey has been here since January 16th and has 3 assists to his name.

So Sissoko has played for us for 5 months more this season and contributed 2 more assists.

Also taking into effect that Shelvey plays much deeper.

Shelvey has been better than Sissoko since he joined but that's not taking into account that Sissoko has to cross the ball into people who can't head the ball while if you split the defence with a pass from deep once in a game there is a massive chance its going to be a goal

It really is astounding that people focus so much on Sissoko when the problem for the last few seasons has been lack of goals up front and shit defending at the back.

Sissoko hasn't scored a goal all season.

Guest neesy111

It's s***, but that's missing out the bit where there's no one else who scores or assists. :lol:

In comparison, in the same shit team... Shelvey has been here since January 16th and has 3 assists to his name.

So Sissoko has played for us for 5 months more this season and contributed 2 more assists.

Also taking into effect that Shelvey plays much deeper.

Shelvey has been better than Sissoko since he joined but that's not taking into account that Sissoko has to cross the ball into people who can't head the ball while if you split the defence with a pass from deep once in a game there is a massive chance its going to be a goal

It really is astounding that people focus so much on Sissoko when the problem for the last few seasons has been lack of goals up front and shit defending at the back.

Sissoko hasn't scored a goal all season.

Ridiculous that he hasn't for an attacking midfielder.

Wijnaldum may have been shit away from home all season bit isn't he also our top goalscorer and probably up there for assists too.

Regardless, I think Colback is shite and Steven Taylor is bang average too it's got nowt to do with where they're from it's how they apply themselves.

Colback and Taylor aren't gifted like Sissoko but they do try and do care. Moussa has the talent bit his application of that talent is shocking.

You all already know my thoughts on this bloke but suffice to say, and against popular opinion, I think he's a fundamental part of the problem.

For all the talk of the pressure all being on him, him being the only attacking outlet etc etc he consistently fails to deliver and should be replaced in the starting eleven.

His role is even more pivotal given the lack of other midfield options, I grant you that, but maybe his lack of quality with the ball at his feet is a contributory factor to the lack of movement around him. Nine times out of ten he's naffing up the final ball.

He's more likely to react to being dropped given the impending Euro's and, no matter who we replace him with, they can't do much worse in terms of actual contribution.

I was sitting right behind the dugouts at the weekend, and the frustration of SMc and PS when he constantly fucked up those early first half crossing opportunities was palpable. Literally walking back into the dugout shaking heads, looking at each other like 'wtf'?

That said, I've got sympathy for anyone in our midfield trying to find an opening for that useless cunt Riviere. He's as bad as I've seen in our colours and I was there for Guivarch, Andreas Anderrson etc.

As a general point, the sheer lack of working the channels/movement in the final third is absolutely staggering.

You all already know my thoughts on this bloke but suffice to say, and against popular opinion, I think he's a fundamental part of the problem.

For all the talk of the pressure all being on him, him being the only attacking outlet etc etc he consistently fails to deliver and should be replaced in the starting eleven.

His role is even more pivotal given the lack of other midfield options, I grant you that, but maybe his lack of quality with the ball at his feet is a contributory factor to the lack of movement around him. Nine times out of ten he's naffing up the final ball.

He's more likely to react to being dropped given the impending Euro's and, no matter who we replace him with, they can't do much worse in terms of actual contribution.

I was sitting right behind the dugouts at the weekend, and the frustration of SMc and PS when he constantly fucked up those early first half crossing opportunities was palpable. Literally walking back into the dugout shaking heads, looking at each other like 'wtf'?

That said, I've got sympathy for anyone in our midfield trying to find an opening for that useless cunt Riviere. He's as bad as I've seen in our colours and I was there for Guivarch, Andreas Anderrson etc.

As a general point, the sheer lack of working the channels/movement in the final third is absolutely staggering.

It makes you wonder why they keep starting him then. If this is a guy who doesn't work hard or can't cross, why is always one of the first names on the team sheet? It's either muddled thinking or trying to blame the player for their own lack of authority and direction.

It makes you wonder why they keep starting him then. If this is a guy who doesn't work hard or can't cross, why is always one of the first names on the team sheet? It's either muddled thinking or trying to blame the player for their own lack of authority and direction.

Perhaps their frustration is with the lack of alternatives. Fuck knows why he always starts when his contribution in so many games is close to fuck all.