Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Preview of John Gibson’s Monday Chronicle column on Moussa Sissoko...

'I know United were defeated by Fulham which sparked unease but come off it Rafa, I would rather pull out all my teeth with a pair of pliers than see Moussa Sissoko play against Huddersfield after the total disrespect he has shown for the club, the fans, and the area.'

If that's the case, start him. Anything for Gibbo to shut the f*** up.

FFS.

Gibson is a good writer, probably the best one at Thompson House.

This.

Preview of John Gibson’s Monday Chronicle column on Moussa Sissoko...

'I know United were defeated by Fulham which sparked unease but come off it Rafa, I would rather pull out all my teeth with a pair of pliers than see Moussa Sissoko play against Huddersfield after the total disrespect he has shown for the club, the fans, and the area.'

If that's the case, start him. Anything for Gibbo to shut the f*** up.

FFS.

Gibson is a good writer, probably the best one at Thompson House.

Was hoping you'd get more angry at that, I literally wrote that hoping to prontonise on a Sunday. :lol: I have no opinion on Gibbo minus the fact that his picture is haunting.

Gibbo tried to say he'd rather his teeth pulled out than Moussa Sissoko playing for this club 1x more; so much passion there by Gibbo? Nah he's f***ing drama queen man. Like Moussa strutting out there would ruin his life.

Cabaye downed tools trying to engineer a move to Arsenal in August but in the end he stayed and was probably our best player for half a season. When he did leave in January we fell to pieces.

Different players and situations, but ultimately Sissoko's one of our highest earners and occupies a position where we're short on quality. I'd be worried about his attitude and the fact he may pull out of tackles for fear of injury preventing a move, but if Rafa feels he's okay then play him. Rafa was able to get some of his best form out of him late last season. I'd still look to sell him and spend mind, just saying we looked blunt going forward at Fulham and could have done with his pace and power.

We sometimes treat football like it's some weird parallel universe. He's a professional footballer under contract, of course he should be playing if he's still here and deemed good enough. Yes he wants away, but if the club think he's worth more than someone is willing to pay then he's staying.

We sometimes treat football like it's some weird parallel universe. He's a professional footballer under contract, of course he should be playing if he's still here and deemed good enough. Yes he wants away, but if the club think he's worth more than someone is willing to pay then he's staying.

This. Yes he wants away, but unless there is something immediate in the pipeline, he should be playing for the club who employs him.

If he gives us a better chance of picking up 3 points while contracted by our club, then play him.

I tend to agree, we're paying him a wage and if he's as desperate for a move as much as he says he is then it's in his best interest to prove he doesn't belong in this league by being the best player on the pitch.

I also say dock him wages for his disrespect he's been showing, needs to be shown he can't have it all his way and stop being a fucking primadonna.

The best thing John Gibson ever did was write a preposterous article that was ultimately responsible for Alan Oliver getting attacked by Robert after that Spurs game in late 2002.

Was this something along the lines of giving Robert a 2 out of 10 rating in the Chronicle which Robert got angry about?

I've heard the story before but can't remember the details

Nothing will start happening until the Pogba thing is done.. then Juve will spend a bit and the other big clubs will start making moves.

We all know this guy is overpriced and overrated, but we also know for pace and power that if he's up for it there are few players who can match him.

So maybe 35m is about right in this market..

I like to think of transfer values closer to what they used to be. Back around the time from Keegan to Robson, someone like Sissoko would be worth no more than 2m.

If David Ginola in his prime was 3.5 million, it really puts things in perspective. Sissoko isn't fit to lace his boots.

How much would Alan Shearer be worth now?

The best thing John Gibson ever did was write a preposterous article that was ultimately responsible for Alan Oliver getting attacked by Robert after that Spurs game in late 2002.

Was this something along the lines of giving Robert a 2 out of 10 rating in the Chronicle which Robert got angry about?

I've heard the story before but can't remember the details

It was Oliver's ratings and an article from Gibson just before Xmas which got him mad. When he grabbed Oliver by his collar he had a copy of the paper in his other hand. :lol:

If he's fit and showing a modicum of interest in playing, I would do. The biggest/only danger in that scenario would be pissing-off other members of the squad who have declared themselves as committed to the job this season. But as long as no one is paying the asking price for Sissoko, he isn't going anywhere, and it's in his and the club's best interests for us to play our best players. If other clubs still need convincing of his talent, he'll need to show it on the pitch so let's benefit from that.

If we're winning games, no one will grumble because the wider picture is much more significant than a transfer saga and all it entails.