Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

Never seen him play as far as i can remember, but i have a feeling that he'll be better than we're expecting. I have a lot of feelings today mind, usually im hard as nails like the Terminator.

Guest Roger Kint

Never seen him play as far as i can remember, but i have a feeling that he'll be better than we're expecting. I have a lot of feelings today mind, usually im hard as nails like the Terminator.

Someone said he was like Thuram. Already got too much hope for him without ever hearing about him before this :lol:

Someone said he was like Thuram. Already got too much hope for him without ever hearing about him before this :lol:

Not much to live up to then.

all of the feels...

one of the latest stories in newsnow feed so not sure if it`s been posted here / rehashed story

Nancy confirm Haidara deal

Last Updated: January 22, 2013 8:56am

French side Nancy have confirmed that a deal has been agreed with Newcastle for Massadio Haidara.

The 20-year-old France Under-21 international full-back is now on his way to England for a medical ahead of concluding a deal.

Nancy revealed the news on their website, confirming that a deal was in place with Newcastle.

A statement read: "After 46 games and two-and-a-half years in the Nancy shirt, Massadio Haidara is leaving his former club for Newcastle United, currently sixteenth in the Premier League.

"The two clubs have reached an agreement and will finalise the transfer on Tuesday."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8422160?

Mapou, surely?

Guest Roger Kint

Mapou, surely?

Nope.

Guest bimpy474

This signing seems unnecessary and the money could be spent elsewhere.

Unless Pardew is planning on playing Santon LW?

Debuchy picks up a knock - Santon to right back, this lad in at left back

Competition for Santon at left back

Spot on, rather besumes me how people can't see just how much we need a LB as cover and competition for Santon.

Knock effect is Debuchy has to play well or Santon might get his place, with the new lad in a LB. A good thing this move.

We need more than 11 players god damnit.

What is happening with Shane Ferguson these days?

Hes not a LB.

From what I have seen of Ferguson, he's as much of a LB as Santon is (emphasis on getting forward, etc)

Anyway, my point was based around that if we have limited resources I'd rather this money was spent at the top-end of the pitch.

Have you seen much of him QBG? What kind of player is he, i.e. solid defensively, or better going forward?

Seen a fair bit of him, would probably compare him to Lillian Thuram but at LB. He's tall, physical and solid defensively. Does get forward but could probably improve that side of his game. If he develops as he has done so far he will become a top player.

For reference, this is the post that compared him to LT

Guest icemanblue

Underwhelmed

Love posts like that. :lol:

Out of nowhere, no explanation. He's just really underwhelmed and he doesn't care who knows. A true free spirit.