Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

Let me explain my " underwhelmed" comment, so the knitting circle can get back to important things.

When I'd seen we signed someone I had hoped we'd signed someone to fill one if the glaring holes in our starting line up and not a potential for the future, on those grounds I was underwhelmed.

...and Dave taking time out to check my forum stats.....seriously!!

Looks like we're getting a centre half too, mate. Also, the lack of cover in fullback positions has been a glaring hole in our squad for quite some time. He appears to be one of the most exciting prospects in the French league, so it's not really an underwhelming or wasteful move.

Exactly. If anything this is a really positive buy from my perspective. If we were really being tight-arsed about it we'd have just left Santon to look after the left back slot having paid good money for him, but we are clearly looking to have more options. I'm as chuffed with this signing as Debuchy's tbh. I think width is really important.

I do wonder if Santon will be off like (I know, I know). Just seems like we're bringing in quite an established player, and he's not THAT young either. He's been a regular for his club, there was no contract issues. Time will tell I suppose

He's just turned 20, man :lol:

Haha, I thought he was 22/23, I'm not sure where I got that from tbh. Having to work while browsing the forum is a pain.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTV_7ttKqU-qU6LIm9lfRnnDh2byZKrQXlb9eONpExgHV_RRQNCxJhlOURZ

:lol:

I do wonder if Santon will be off like (I know, I know). Just seems like we're bringing in quite an established player, and he's not THAT young either. He's been a regular for his club, there was no contract issues. Time will tell I suppose

He's just turned 20, man :lol:

Lad's already got a foot in the grave tbh. Wheels should start falling off within the next few years.

French bloke on Talksport has just described him as a "pure left-footed player", got good physical strength that will make him ideal in this league, good in the air, strong lad, really quick too. Really good player to fight Santon for the left-back position as he's really promising. Also thinks that the fee is excellent due to his potential. :thup:

French bloke on Talksport has just described him as a "pure left-footed player", got good physical strength that will make him ideal in this league, good in the air, strong lad, really quick too. Really good player to fight Santon for the left-back position as he's really promising. Also thinks that the fee is excellent due to his potential. :thup:

:thup:

I love how Inochi + Dave now constitutes a clique.

All the best stables have 3-4 members mind. You need a big unit for protection.

Need a Ron Simmons and Bradshaw too IMO.

We're looking at recruiting Stifler or neesy, for the comedy angle.

Go for both. The Stewart and the Apostrophe.

So are people thinking he's backup or Santon being converted to a left winger? tbh think this may be a great team with Haidara staying wide and Santon cutting in

Debuchy  Mbia  Colo*  Haidara

Sissoko  Cabaye

HBA          Marv      Santon

Gouffran/Cisse

So are people thinking he's backup or Santon being converted to a left winger? tbh think this may be a great team with Haidara staying wide and Santon cutting in

Sissoko  Cabaye

Gouffran/Cisse

No thanks. Don't want any QPR rejects.

Sissoko  Cabaye

Gouffran/Cisse

I've really not seen anything from Santon that suggests he's an out-n-out winger. He may be more comfortable going forward than he is defending, but that doesn't make him a winger.

In short, he's not to be the next Bale I don't think.

Sissoko  Cabaye

Gouffran/Cisse

I've really not seen anything from Santon that suggests he's an out-n-out winger. He may be more comfortable going forward than he is defending, but that doesn't make him a winger.

This. Don't think i'd want to see Santon play regularly on the wing unless his end product greatly improves.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Sissoko  Cabaye

Gouffran/Cisse

Plus, he's not left footed. A left wing who can't use his left foot is a joke.

More or less like Jonas.