Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

Was quite surprised he got the nod ahead of Dummett, actually. If he's fully fit now I hope that Dummett gets another loan in the near future. Preferably in a league where I wouldn't nick a couple of goals.

Tbf, it's looking doubtful that Haidara will ever be first-choice (or potentially even second choice) here. Pity, cos he's shown promise when he's played.

Why's that?

Because Santon and Dummett are ahead of him in the pecking order, obviously.

I'm fairly certain Dummett is not ahead, like.

Did warn you, Yorkie. Know Pards inside out  O0

Was quite surprised he got the nod ahead of Dummett, actually. If he's fully fit now I hope that Dummett gets another loan in the near future. Preferably in a league where I wouldn't nick a couple of goals.

I'm not really that surprised as from what I've seen from them both Haidara looks like he will be a better player. Competition is good though. :thup:

Did OK last night I thought.

Yeah, me too. There was an incident where he was isolated and Dyer had a free run at him. Santon would have stood no chance, but Haidara managed to stay goal side.

He made some over-ambitious passes going forward, but otherwise looked decent in attack as well.

He looks to have a confident temperament and I'm sure he'll keep improving if given chances.

I'm not really that surprised as from what I've seen from them both Haidara looks like he will be a better player. Competition is good though. :thup:

Absolutely. I just thought it looked like Pards might be favouring Dummett.

Ron laughing as he only said last week that Haidara hasn't got what it takes to make it here.

This is a lie, by the way.

:lol: What was your exact quote? I remember questioning your logic to why you thought Haidara won't step up even if Santon were to be sold.

Must say, as much as I like Santon his lack of improvement concerns me.

That said, Haidara and Dummett are not, and quite probably never will be, ready to replace him.

There we go, pretty much saying Haidara will never be good enough here to replace Santon. Therefore he hasn't got what it takes  :)

Must say, as much as I like Santon his lack of improvement concerns me.

That said, Haidara and Dummett are not, and quite probably never will be, ready to replace him.

There we go, pretty much saying Haidara will never be good enough here to replace Santon. Therefore he hasn't got what it takes  :)

never good enough = not ready

Guest icemanblue

An interesting defence. The deployment of ' :lol: ' seems desperate, but we all know Ronaldo usually has an ace up his sleeve. Let's see how this one develops.

So thinking he'll probably never be ready to replace Santon is the same as saying he'll never make it? :lol:

Odd hearing such stupid logic from a disciple of Alan Pardew, like.

He'll never be ready to replace Santon, so he's just going to be a back up left back for his remaining time here. Yep, i'd say that's not making it here.

Anyways, you're half way down now to getting yourself out of your mess, keep digging Ron, you're almost there.

He looks like a left back who can defend and Santon, sadly, is poor at that somewhat important skill.

Whilst Santon's still very "young" based on what I saw last night (admittedly a very small sample) I'd play Haidara over Santon now tbh I also think Santon  flatters to deceive a bit, his delivery is little better, if at all, than Jonas'. His pace may pull defenders wide but he's not really a "threat" and his prime job is defensive.

Yeah, we all know who the mess is. Of all the posts about Haidara you pick one in which he's unfavourably compared to a 22-year-old who's started several times for Italy. Thick as mince.

You've lost the plot, Ron. Simplest way out of this was to accept you may be wrong and were Santon's form to dip dramatically or he was sold, we've got a lovely left back in Haidara who's capable of filling the role perfectly well if he was needed to step up and be ready. Everyone makes an ill judgement from time to time, nothing to be ashamed of.

Every time I see him I like what I see, he is nowhere near the finished product in defensive terms, going forward he looks great.

A LB's job should be to first defend though and sadly I don't think any of our LB's are great at that part of the role.

An interesting defence. The deployment of ' :lol: ' seems desperate, but we all know Ronaldo usually has an ace up his sleeve. Let's see how this one develops.

ronaldo is a solicitor or training to be one or something right?  makes perfect sense now, he makes sweeping absolute judgements about players but does them in language that could technically be interpreted as him not quite meaning it if he gets pulled about it, or in a way he can twist out of it :lol:

I watched the reserve game the other day and he was a stand out. On that note Campbell won't make it IMO, his first touch is horrible, even at that level. I'm not one to write people off but that's just my opinion.

:thup: Said the exact same thing to my mate after the match regarding Campbell, never be a premiership player. Think he might even struggle in championship.