Massadio Haïdara

Dummett's put in a very small number of poor performances for someone absolutely s****, like. I don't think he's great but he got thrown in at the deep end and certainly didn't sink as far as I'm concerned.

He's shit man. Let's not pretend he's not an absolutely horrible left-back. Still, only option we have as far as I'm concerned considering Massadio's performances this season.

Steven Taylor looked far better as a youngster than Dummett so as far as potential's concerned I don't see him going on to be even as good as Taylor. For me he's too small and poor in the air to be a decent CB, Fletcher's goal for the mackems being an example coming to mind immediately and his communication/awareness of players around him is poor too, see his own goal against Burnley. Sorry like but this is proof of how low expectations are amongst the fanbase when we're looking forward to Paul Dummett returning to the starting XI in any capacity.

Next Peter Ramage.

Steven Taylor looked far better as a youngster than Dummett so as far as potential's concerned I don't see him going on to be even as good as Taylor. For me he's too small and poor in the air to be a decent CB, Fletcher's goal for the mackems being an example coming to mind immediately and his communication/awareness of players around him is poor too, see his own goal against Burnley. Sorry like but this is proof of how low expectations are amongst the fanbase when we're looking forward to Paul Dummett returning to the starting XI in any capacity.

Next Peter Ramage.

Garbage. Especially in bold.

Next Peter Ramage.

Aye of course. As a youngster Steven Taylor was being heralded as being a potential John Terry (ridiculous I know, but he was performing extremely well at the time), he had Chelsea and Everton linked quite consistently too. Who have you ever seen linked to Dummett and who has ever looked at him as potentially being a star for us?

Dummett wouldn't start either at LB or CB for any team in the league this season so why the f*** should we look forward to him coming back? All we're doing is replacing one utterly s*** defender who's OK going forward for a defender who is OK at defending and utterly s*** going forward.

Next Peter Ramage.

Aye of course. As a youngster Steven Taylor was being heralded as being a potential John Terry (ridiculous I know, but he was performing extremely well at the time), he had Chelsea and Everton linked quite consistently too. Who have you ever seen linked to Dummett and who has ever looked at him as potentially being a star for us?

Dummett wouldn't start either at LB or CB for any team in the league this season so why the f*** should we look forward to him coming back? All we're doing is replacing one utterly s*** defender who's OK going forward for a defender who is OK at defending and utterly s*** going forward.

Steven Taylor was fucking shit from his first start at Bolton for at least the next 5 years, man. Utterly crap airheaded defender.

I'm not totally offended by Dummett, he has his limitations but he'd improve our defence more than Steven Taylor would at the moment.

Not sure what you're going off for that like, Taylor was absolutely phenomenal on his last appearance against Man U. Dummett in any appearance last season was average at best.

Next Peter Ramage.

Steven Taylor was fucking shit from his first start at Bolton for at least the next 5 years, man. Utterly crap airheaded defender.

I was at that Bolton debut [emoji38]

"Heard great things about Steven Taylor like, just captained the England under 17's to whatever tournament they just won, don't you know".

One absolute reaming later... :okay:

Next Peter Ramage.

I was at that Bolton debut [emoji38]

"Heard great things about Steven Taylor like, just captained the England under 17's to whatever tournament they just won, don't you know".

One absolute reaming later... :okay:

A wuz there too. Was a proper weird goal scored by some random scandinavian bloke, Henrik Pedersen maybe? All Taylor had to do was stop fucking about and put his foot through it.

• 1 month later...