Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

I've always said Haidara has potential and badly needs games. There's nothing to play for this season so we might as well hand the likes of him and Dummett some experience with an eye on next season. 

I still think a fit Santon is our best LB.

I've always said Haidara has potential and badly needs games. There's nothing to play for this season so we might as well hand the likes of him and Dummett some experience with an eye on next season. 

Aye I agree with this, on Santon I do find it strange that he's been on the bench for last few weeks and he's hardly seen the pitch. I would of thought he would have least had some pity minutes to get his fitness up.

Aye I agree with this, on Santon I do find it strange that he's been on the bench for last few weeks and he's hardly seen the pitch. I would of thought he would have least had some pity minutes to get his fitness up.

Can't agree - Haidara is a NATURALLY left-footed player and if his defensive capabilities continue to improve, I would keep him in over Santon every time...Santon always tries to switch the ball to his right foot to cross and it gives defenders time to get tight on him and stop him crossing...Haidara whips them in with his left foot on the run, a far better option.

Can't agree - Haidara is a NATURALLY left-footed player and if his defensive capabilities continue to improve, I would keep him in over Santon every time...Santon always tries to switch the ball to his right foot to cross and it gives defenders time to get tight on him and stop him crossing...Haidara whips them in with his left foot on the run, a far better option.

I'm with you for the same reason. Santon's a good player but his insistence on switching inside to his right foot is infuriating.

I'm with you for the same reason. Santon's a good player but his insistence on switching inside to his right foot is infuriating.

Seems the new Head Coach thinks Haidara is a better prospect than Santon.

• 4 weeks later...

And giving an update on Haidara’s fitness, he said: “It’s his knee. He’s got an ongoing issue with it, but it’s not too serious, so we will see what he’s like tomorrow.

“Hopefully he should be available for Wednesday.”

Probably out for the rest of the season then.

• 4 weeks later...

And giving an update on Haidara’s fitness, he said: “It’s his knee. He’s got an ongoing issue with it, but it’s not too serious, so we will see what he’s like tomorrow.

“Hopefully he should be available for Wednesday.”

Probably out for the rest of the season then.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/massadio-haidara-could-be-out-until-may-in-further-blow-to-newcastle-1-7175957

It seems like every injury we get is completely missed or at least well under estimated at first