Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

So that's Hanley, Riviere and Haidara who had turned down offers from elsewhere...

Bargain basement shite turning out not to be such a bargain after all. Who knew.

Have we given him a contract since his first one with us?

Nah, he's out of contract next summer.

Wouldn't shock me if he eventually left on a season long loan just to shift him off the wage bill.

• 1 month later...

Considering we never got a left back through the door, is it worth considering him as an option rather than throwing more square pegs into round holes? Dummett is out injured and his replacements have been centre backs playing out of position. If he's a worse left back than players who are used out of position, then he must truly be shite.

• 1 month later...

Said he's back (from injury) on instagram.  Would like to see him given a shot if Rafa can get a bit of time with him on the training ground.  Still think there's some potential there and who better than Rafa to coach him

Personally I'd keep him fit just to sell him in January at the moment, albeit I doubt he'll get many offers. That may sound harsh but he's just constantly injured all the time and that won't ever change.

He's canny when fit but it's only a matter of time until he's out another 6-8 months, which is a shame.

He's been given enough chances tbh, there was a time when he should have grasped his opportunity to be first choice left back after Santon was sold, he let Paul Dummett leapfrog over him, he's looked poor almost everytime he's been given a run out since McManamackem tried to kill him.

Personally I'd keep him fit just to sell him in January at the moment, albeit I doubt he'll get many offers. That may sound harsh but he's just constantly injured all the time and that won't ever change.

He's canny when fit but it's only a matter of time until he's out another 6-8 months, which is a shame.

fair point

He's never had a run in the team long enough to make a sound judgement and even when he did play, it was in a shite side anyway.

I suspect Rafa could get something out of him but then Rafa could make use out of anyone.

He will be shipped on to some shite French side and rightly so.