Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

Physio lecturer was saying yesterday he thought it would be 8 months out minimum as he may have done his posterior cruciate as well as his anterior cruciate and his lateral collateral ligament. f***ed basically

What did he basis his prognosis on?

Angle and force of impact, the degree of pain the lad was in and the fact he couldn't straighten his knee after. He was just speculating obviously but was saying he'd be very surprised if it isn't a serious serious injury

In anyone's opinion did he show the slightest bit of remorse? In fact he hand balled a split second after and claimed he hadnt?! If I had hurt someone, badly, which upon impact he knew he had, you heard the fucking scream, I's be straight over there and saying sorry, showing remorse for my actions. He did none of this. Fuck him.

so it's not the tackle, it's the reaction that's the problem now?  adrenalin would explain that one probably

madness people trying to make out he's a sociopath or something

And so the challenge is nothing that we haven't seen from our very own players this season?

I can honestly say that is the worst challenge I've seen since Keane on Haaland.

Physio lecturer was saying yesterday he thought it would be 8 months out minimum as he may have done his posterior cruciate as well as his anterior cruciate and his lateral collateral ligament. f***ed basically

What did he basis his prognosis on?

Angle and force of impact, the degree of pain the lad was in and the fact he couldn't straighten his knee after. He was just speculating obviously but was saying he'd be very surprised if it isn't a serious serious injury

:thup:

And so the challenge is nothing that we haven't seen from our very own players this season?

I can honestly say that is the worst challenge I've seen since Keane on Haaland.

I was talking about the Ausslin challenge which Taxfree has see through the eyes of a Man City reporter.

The challenge on Haidara though is genuinely one of the worst I've ever seen I agree, it was horrific.

I was talking about the Ausslin challenge which Taxfree has see through the eyes of a Man City reporter.

The challenge on Haidara though is genuinely one of the worst I've ever seen I agree, it was horrific.

Ah okay, sorry about that. :thup:

I tend to believe my own eyes more than an over-protecting manager. Like they're not lying enough as it is. His twitter account, Assulin and Haidara tells me he's a grade A c***.

You havn't even seen the challenge man, you didn't even know who the f*** Assulin was until the weekend :lol:

Yeah, because Assulin is such an unknown player :lol:  I haven't seen the challenge, no, but it's described well enough. "Assulin picked the ball up just inside Wigan's half and Callum McManaman ran from City's half and dived in very late and caught Gai on his right leg with the studs showing". 

We're not all complete f***ing nerds, mate.

Yeah, he's only a former highly rated Barcelona talent who went on to Manchester City, like.

We have seen some poor tackles from some of our own. Just something about him. Seems like your classical wild (enthusiastic if you ask Martinez) player who just cares about being hard. #Twofoot

I tend to believe my own eyes more than an over-protecting manager. Like they're not lying enough as it is. His twitter account, Assulin and Haidara tells me he's a grade A c***.

You havn't even seen the challenge man, you didn't even know who the f*** Assulin was until the weekend :lol:

Yeah, because Assulin is such an unknown player :lol:  I haven't seen the challenge, no, but it's described well enough. "Assulin picked the ball up just inside Wigan's half and Callum McManaman ran from City's half and dived in very late and caught Gai on his right leg with the studs showing". 

Yeah, he's only a former highly rated Barcelona talent who went on to Manchester City, like.

We have seen some poor tackles from some of our own. Just something about him. Seems like your classical wild (enthusiastic if you ask Martinez) player who just cares about being hard. #Twofoot

ah you put a hashtag in to add legitimacy?  is he not a striker cum winger this mcmanaman?  not your common garden thugs i have to concede, maybe a higher class of thug perhaps

something about him :lol:

ah you put a hashtag in to add legitimacy?  is he not a striker cum winger this mcmanaman?  not your common garden thugs i have to concede, maybe a higher class of thug perhaps

something about him :lol:

It's what he wrote. Just alluding to what I was getting at. His character seems dubious/something about him/not surprised the owner of that twitter account is a wild tackler.

Guest bimpy474

Yet Russian and French FA's have banned players for a considerable length of time for similar dangerous tackles in recent weeks.

Our FA could do the same, there is nothing in the rule book that says they can't. They're inept cowards, plain and simple.

Could this be something which makes leagal action against the FA more likely? If other national FA's can be shown to be trying to deal with the problem while the english FA just carries on with it's absurd policy of no retrospective action for incidents spotted by their incompetent referees, and a minimal ban for teams fortunate enough that the referee was so incompetent that he failed to spot the incident all together, it surely makes the case for negligence on the behalf of the FA more plausible. I guess you would probably have to be able to show that countries in which bad tackles were properly punished actually succeed in lowering the number of serious injuries by doing so, which might not be easy to prove.

I know each FA have some room to have their own disciplinary actions, like say the Spanish FA giving a yellow even for an accidental handball.

And it just shows how our FA are so spineless, they talk about stamping things out and do nothing to achieve it.

When calculating suspensions i'd like to see a player's prior form bought into the equation too, dating back to reserves & U19's too. If youngsters are coming through the system either as a/poorly coached in the art of tackling, or b/ progressing through as a loose cannon/a cultivated hit-man, then it needs to be nipped.

Lengthy bans (6 - 12 mths, even longer for serial career wreckers) will phase out the established snipers, and herald a warning for young loose cannons (any yth coach who loosely encourages it) as they progress through the ranks.

That's a bit like the citing system in rugby isn't it? I'm not really sure how well it works. I'm not a rugby fan. But it makes more intuitive sense than the current system where it's pretty much three games no matter what the offense and nothing at all if the ref had seen it at the time.

Having said that, rugby doesn't exactly seem like the cleanest of sports. There aren't many other sports where you reguarly hear of people being banned for gouging.

In rugby league lengthy suspensions are handed out to guys who just keep on accumulating points - careers have been halted too ie. John Hopoate/Stopafarte is one case-in-point, he copped one ban for fingering opponents' arses following a tackle.But usually officials are good differentiating a tackle that as a/started at chest height & then brushed upwards or b/when it's a genuine snipers/high shot. They're also cracking down on the 2nd or 3rd-man-in who takes out a ballcarrier's knees (as they're held-up in the tackle).

Accumulating points system (re: the formula for calculating lengthy bans) is certainly forcing a culture change. Career snipers (the designated guy who takes out lads) don't survive now. Clubs are loathe to offer big contracts, and set aside room a potential vacuum in their salary cap, for guys who could potentially spend half a season+ on the sideline, because their list of priors (accumalated points) is too long.

A fella whom i used to work with, admitted he was signed up to a professional contract for this very reason (ie. to target/take-out promising youngsters) but would find it tough getting by now (not enough ability to back-up the hardness). 16 games, and then some, are making serial offenders/cunts/loose-cannons obsolete (and i called him a cunt too, played the same code lol).

Isn't McManaman crazy?  Something like he's so anxious that he can't be told that he's playing a day advance or it will screw him up in the head. Could he have been too pumped up in the game and gone flying in? Not siding with the fucker but I find it hard to believe someone would intentional want to do that to another person. That's fucked. Ought to get banned for a while either way..

Isn't McManaman crazy?  Something like he's so anxious that he can't be told that he's playing a day advance or it will screw him up in the head. Could he have been too pumped up in the game and gone flying in? Not siding with the fucker but I find it hard to believe someone would intentional want to do that to another person. That's fucked. Ought to get banned for a while either way..

actual :memelol: