Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Guest bimpy474

What happens when Taylor is skinned by someone with pace though, gives away a soft pen, or makes one of his other mental errors?

Taylor is error prone, no doubt, but Mbiwa at the minute is even more of a liability. Lad hasn't got the physicality or the brain yet for the Premier League. Needs dropping.

We simple can't afford another performance like that. He's got to sit the next one out. Whether it's for Taylor or Williamson, he simply cannot start the next game.

What about Colo or Santon, whose performances were no better?

I reckon Dummett is in for Cardiff. Saylor or Williamson for Mapou too.

What happens when Taylor is skinned by someone with pace though, gives away a soft pen, or makes one of his other mental errors?

Taylor is error prone, no doubt, but Mbiwa at the minute is even more of a liability. Lad hasn't got the physicality or the brain yet for the Premier League. Needs dropping.

We simple can't afford another performance like that. He's got to sit the next one out. Whether it's for Taylor or Williamson, he simply cannot start the next game.

And Colo, who was quite a bit worse?

I wouldn't say he was quite a bit worse, to be honest. As bad, perhaps.

As bad, at best. Directly at fault for goals 1 and 3.

Guest bimpy474

Personally thought Mapou was at fault for 1, didn't pick up Lukaku at all. Mapou a little for 3 as he didn't bother to defend at all. I mean as a defender you do just stop and watch. Just terrible all round from all of them tbh.

Taylor can't even compete physically with Aguero.... another classic case of players getting better and better the longer they are out.

It's been close to a decade since Taylor defended as bad as Colo and MYM did tonight. There's no excuse for that f***ing s*** tonight.

And Aguero? He's a strong lad and a brilliant footballer with a low centre of gravity, why bring him into it?

My point is Taylor is nowhere near the physical brute you paint him out to be.... he would have done no better than Colo or MYM tonight.

And that first sentence is utter f*cking bollocks, City first game of the season, Sunderland at home and Liverpool at home last season were all classic cases of Taylor being utter f*cking crap.

I could go on really the man always leaves gaping holes in the defences while he's running round like a bull in a china shop.

The problem is not the back 4 themselves ( although the fullbacks need to be less gun ho i do agree with that) but how we defend in front of them.

Its no coincidence that the back 4 looked much better in the 2nd half when the forwards pressed from the front to stop the Everton defenders playing from the back and squeezed the midfield to stop Everton playing through us.

Make all the changes you want in your mind, it won't fix anything until the entire defensive structure as a team is sorted out the back 4 will look f*cking crap each and every game.

It doesn't matter if we go and pick up Prime Vidic and Prime Rio, it wouldn't change a damn thing.

Guest icemanblue

The first goal? When Colo went near post and Mapou stood and watched Lukaku, despite having him in his line of sight for the whole move?

Taylor can't even compete physically with Aguero.... another classic case of players getting better and better the longer they are out.

It's been close to a decade since Taylor defended as bad as Colo and MYM did tonight. There's no excuse for that fucking shit tonight.

And Aguero? He's a strong lad and a brilliant footballer with a low centre of gravity, why bring him into it?

Thought he like the rest of them were equally useless in the 0-6 liverpool game last year.

My point is Taylor is nowhere near the physical brute you paint him out to be.... he would have done no better than Colo or MYM tonight.

It doesn't matter if we go and pick up Prime Vidic and Prime Rio, it wouldn't change a damn thing.

I like you as a poster but this is utter fucking crap. Mapou running away from the ball and Colo prancing around frightened to go near Lukaku is the fault of who? Why does it take a 'physical brute' - which I've never suggested Taylor is - to improve on that.

Couple of fucking cowards at CB. Mapou will improve in time when he ages and mans up a bit. For Colo there's literally no defence for that bollocks.

Personally thought Mapou was at fault for 1, didn't pick up Lukaku at all. Mapou a little for 3 as he didn't bother to defend at all. I mean as a defender you do just stop and watch. Just terrible all round from all of them tbh.

WHAT? The second goal was mostly his fault. He floats one into Remy when he was under no pressure whatsoever, needlessly giving away the ball. This is made worse by the belief that he's meant to be tidy on the ball. It gets head back, then he runs away from Barkley giving him the space to score the goal.

The first goal? When Colo went near post and Mapou stood and watched Lukaku, despite having him in his line of sight for the whole move?

Yes, the first one, where Colo was just running into undefined space, not watching Lukaku, who had stopped his run, and not looking at where Mirallas was going to put the ball, or attempting to close him down.

Guest bimpy474

WHAT? The second goal was mostly his fault. He floats one into Remy when he was under no pressure whatsoever, needlessly giving away the ball. This is made worse by the belief that he's meant to be tidy on the ball. It gets head back, then he runs away from Barkley giving him the space to score the goal.

I didn't mention the 2nd goal as i thought it was clearly Mapou's fault. I was responding to a post about goals 1 and 3 ;)

I like you as a poster but this is utter f***ing crap. Mapou running away from the ball and Colo prancing around frightened to go near Lukaku is the fault of who? Why does it take a 'physical brute' - which I've never suggested Taylor is - to improve on that.

Couple of f***ing cowards at CB. Mapou will improve in time when he ages and mans up a bit. For Colo there's literally no defence for that bollocks.

While i agree with that, we defend from the front like i explained its quite likely that scenario doesn't even take place and if it does we would probably more organised in any case.

That is the main issue for me, the lack of structure and organisation through out the team and its not just the back 4 its the entire team.

Dropping MYM and say Santon wouldn't change a great deal as it stands IMO.

I like you as a poster but this is utter f***ing crap. Mapou running away from the ball and Colo prancing around frightened to go near Lukaku is the fault of who? Why does it take a 'physical brute' - which I've never suggested Taylor is - to improve on that.

Couple of f***ing cowards at CB. Mapou will improve in time when he ages and mans up a bit. For Colo there's literally no defence for that bollocks.

While i agree with that, we defend from the front like i explained its quite likely that scenario doesn't even take place and if it does we would probably more organised in any case.

That is the main issue for me, the lack of structure and organisation through out the team and its not just the back 4 its the entire team.

Dropping MYM and say Santon wouldn't change a great deal as it stands IMO.

FWIW, I agree dropping them won't change anything. Today, Debuchy was the pick of the bunch, but next match he may well fuck up and give away a penalty as he's done before. I don't quite agree that it's all about the players in front of them, or the organisation as you say, it's just bad individual mistakes/loss of concentration by seasoned internationals who should no better. I'm quite disappointed in Pardew in this respect particularly. The season we finished fifth, we were solid at the back, mainly because we had a fairly stable back 5  through lack of injuries and suspensions. We haven't built on that at all, and appear as bad as we ever were defensively.

Colo - comfortable on the ball, tends to read the game well to make interceptions but is physically weak, small and slow.

Yanga-Mbiwa - physically not that strong or tall but sometimes shows good recovery pace. Can read situations well at times but seems to have massive               

lapses in concentration on a regular basis.

Taylor - Slow but generally strong in the air. Prone to errors and injury from time to time. Plays with heart and usually in the right place to make blocks.

Williamson - Tragic with the ball, slow. Strong in the air but occasionally beaten physically and in the air by smaller opponents. Fairly steady when alongside 

Colo for a small period of games.

Not the strongest set of defenders.

I think it really just comes down to understanding the opponents strengths and picking the best pair to combat them. Some coaching wrt team shape would also help, but maybe that's just left to the players to work it out on the day like set pieces. That's certainly how it looks.

Guest bimpy474

Colo - comfortable on the ball, tends to read the game well to make interceptions but is physically weak, small and slow.

Yanga-Mbiwa - physically not that strong or tall but sometimes shows good recovery pace. Can read situations well at times but seems to have massive               

lapses in concentration on a regular basis.

Taylor - Slow but generally strong in the air. Prone to errors and injury from time to time. Plays with heart and usually in the right place to make blocks.

Williamson - Tragic with the ball, slow. Strong in the air but occasionally beaten physically and in the air by smaller opponents. Fairly steady when alongside 

Colo for a small period of games.

Not the strongest set of defenders.

That's not the CB's of a top 8 team, not how they're playing anyways.

Guest bimpy474

I'd drop Santon now. His first half was as bad as he's been.

Santon has all the attributes to be a good defender apart from knowing how to defend.

Is Haidara not fit?

Is that not the definition of a contradiction, i know what you mean by the way ;)