Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

If he can turn that into something like 7th, 8th, 6th over here, then he's been a great appointment.

:nope: He needs to turn it into 1st to appease us deluded Geordies.

He's from even further south than that london, I hate him already.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure this has already been posted but from an article in FFW:

Garde is a smart, knowledgeable, and likeable man, and right now it’s impossible to judge his time at Lyon: he needs a season in charge of a club that isn’t selling its players or hawking them across Europe to various suitors.

:lol:

Sounds like Ashley's ideal manager. Galtier and Tuchel would be more exciting probably, but they might not fit as well into the Ashley game plan. He will always look at the profits ahead of the glory. Still, as long as he's intelligent and has some genuine coaching credentials it will be a step forward. It will be great to start looking forward to football matches again safe in the knowledge we won't be watch turgid shit served up by an absolute cunt.

Guest antz1uk

Be happy with Garde like

he's the least favoured on mine, he's beginning to read a lot like Pardew from the articles i've looked at

The Northern Echo, says that Remi Garde wants the job and is hoping to talk to the club some time this week. Dont know how true that paper is.

But, but, but no one would dare suffer the atrocities Alan had to? Surely not!

Be happy with Garde like

he's the least favoured on mine, he's beginning to read a lot like Pardew from the articles i've looked at

Difficult to judge really, he's getting players sold from under his feet every season. You could say that was the case with Pards but that was never really the issue with him, it was more the fact he was trying to play long ball 90's football with players who were bought for technical ability.

Guest antz1uk

Be happy with Garde like

In what way ?

His tactics, concentrating on defending with midfielders, playing strikers out of position etc, Lacazette was used wide last season quite a bit and much less effective, this year with Garde gone he has been used more as a striker with much more effect (highest scorer in lique 1 i think)

They were much more of a threat for the League when he was assistant but when he jumped up to head coach they seem much less of a threat

this article mentions sitting back and inviting pressure and also playing with much more defensive tactics  :undecided:

http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/04/28/olympique-lyonnais-the-tactical-debrief/

Be happy with Garde like

In what way ?

His tactics, concentrating on defending with midfielders, playing strikers out of position etc, Lacazette was used wide last season quite a bit and much less effective, this year with Garde gone he has been used more as a striker with much more effect (highest scorer in lique 1 i think)

They were much more of a threat for the League when he was assistant but when he jumped up to head coach they seem much less of a threat

this article mentions sitting back and inviting pressure and also playing with much more defensive tactics  :undecided:

http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/04/28/olympique-lyonnais-the-tactical-debrief/

:sad:

Sure this has already been posted but from an article in FFW:

Garde is a smart, knowledgeable, and likeable man, and right now it’s impossible to judge his time at Lyon: he needs a season in charge of a club that isn’t selling its players or hawking them across Europe to various suitors.

:lol:

We're the perfect job for him then...

Quite frankly all 3 candidates are similar, it's almost like they were hand picked to work in the structure like we pick players with low wages  :rolleyes:

Be happy with Garde like

In what way ?

That coincides with PSG & Monaco's bucks too mind.

Guest antz1uk

Be happy with Garde like

In what way ?

That coincides with PSG & Monaco's bucks too mind.

yeah i know, i was taking that into consideration, but even with PSG and Monaco they never really stormed the league, it was still competitive, much more than it should have been really for the amount of money those two wwere throwing at it, Lille and Montpellier & Marseille were still able to mount a challenge the last couple of seasons

And to be honest, "defensive" or "structured" football or however you want to brand it isn't a particularly bad thing as long as he's good at it. The issue with Pardew for me wasn't particularly that we were defensive, but he couldn't do that either.

I think what became glaringly obvious was that Pardew didn't have a frigging clue what he was doing.

We'd set up defensively and still lose 4-0. If you set up defensively and execute a good, counter-attacking plan, I wouldn't have a problem with that if we were winning games.

The difference with Pardew is that he was so shit scared of every team we played, talked them up in every pre-match presser etc, I mean what does that do to the confidence of the players?

And to be honest, "defensive" or "structured" football or however you want to brand it isn't a particularly bad thing as long as he's good at it. The issue with Pardew for me wasn't particularly that we were defensive, but he couldn't do that either.

I think what became glaringly obvious was that Pardew didn't have a frigging clue what he was doing.

We'd set up defensively and still lose 4-0. If you set up defensively and execute a good, counter-attacking plan, I wouldn't have a problem with that if we were winning games.

The difference with Pardew is that he was so s*** scared of every team we played, talked them up in every pre-match presser etc, I mean what does that do to the confidence of the players?

Exactly.

Guest antz1uk

I agree, he couldn't do fuck all, the only ones that managed to stay good were the ones that couldn't be pardewed, Ba, Cabaye, Debuchy, Sissoko to an extent (it's like he's come out the blocks this year and said 'fuck you, you won't spiral my career backwards after last year'

I think he's got us that downtrodden we're paranoid to have anyone and just look at any possible flaws instead of looking at the possible pro's

I agree, he couldn't do fuck all, the only ones that managed to stay good were the ones that couldn't be pardewed, Ba, Cabaye, Debuchy, Sissoko to an extent (it's like he's come out the blocks this year and said 'fuck you, you won't spiral my career backwards after last year'

I think he's got us that downtrodden we're paranoid to have anyone and just look at any possible flaws instead of looking at the possible pro's

:thup:

The biggest pro any potential manager will have is that they're not Alan Pardew.

Guest antz1uk

Just noticed Bimpy in the poll :lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: haha i never noticed that before, must have been there a while as 13 have voted for him and it hasn't been re-set in weeks