Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

The last 5 or 6 pages have been minging - I thought there might've been breaking news.

Do we know what Garde's footballing philosophy is? Good football, or whatever gets the results?

I remember him playing under Wenger as an Arsenal second string type player. Was a fairly average player but that means nowt  obviously.

You're thinking of Giles grimandi

They were both there I believe. At about the same time too I reckon.

:lol: aye.  I'm gonna level with you, I just wanted to remember Giles grimandi for a bit.

Pretty sure I spotted him on the arsenal coaching staff at some point.

The last 5 or 6 pages have been minging - I thought there might've been breaking news.

Do we know what Garde's footballing philosophy is? Good football, or whatever gets the results?

I remember him playing under Wenger as an Arsenal second string type player. Was a fairly average player but that means nowt  obviously.

:lol: aye.  I'm gonna level with you, I just wanted to remember Giles grimandi for a bit.

Think he's a scout for them now

:thup:

So a long time lurker pops up to say Ashley is better than 90% of other owners in 2015? Really? You're either of these 'look at me' people who has to have an opinion different to the accepted, blindingly obvious norm in order to feel important, or you are truly, unspeakably blind. Either way, you deserve the pain, relegations and constant belittling of our club far more than anyone else on here. Enjoy many more trophy less years, and I hope, if we ever get to a final, and win a trophy, you have the misfortune of losing your match  ticket in a strong gust of wind as you approach the ground.

It happens now and then, nobody says anything for ages, the board is seemingly in harmony, and then so total nutcase pops up out of nowhere and spouts a completely contrary opinion, claiming to be a 'realist' or whatever, and then f***s off after a couple of days.

I think Dave's paying them off in an attempt to spice the place up a little.

It is a bit funny seeing the entire fleet of the forum swivel their cannons in unison at the lone dinghy and sink it :lol:

Yep hilarious,

I'll stay and discuss or go away if you would rather?

Either way my opinion is still that of a fans - which you'll dismiss as one who's on drugs I imagine

Stay or go as you please. As others have said you're perfectly entitled to an opinion but opinions are not all equal.

The reality of the situation is that the current majority opinion on here is one that's been distilled over the last 7 years on the basis of everything that's come out of the club's mouthpieces and everything that's been said through actions. If you're going to go counter to that, come loaded for bear. Don't just drop the opinion and then cry foul when it's cross-examined in the court of legitimacy.

They both played for Arsenal IIRC.

Back to topic:

Someone posted asking about Garde's tactics etc please see below link:

frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/04/28/olympique-lyonnais-the-tactical-debrief/

Someone has already posted this so please disregard if you've already seen it.

Thanks for that. I found the following passage extremely depressing:

Of course, the larger proportion of the blame is with Jean-Michel Aulas. Perhaps no other manager in Europe is in the position of Garde – Champions League football is demanded by the owner, while asset-stripping the club of its senior players. Looking at Lyon over the last three months, the question shouldn’t be, ‘how did Lyon lose ground on PSG’, but rather ‘how on earth are they as high as third’?

Back to topic:

Of course, the larger proportion of the blame is with Jean-Michel Aulas. Perhaps no other manager in Europe is in the position of Garde – Champions League football is demanded by the owner, while asset-stripping the club of its senior players. Looking at Lyon over the last three months, the question shouldn’t be, ‘how did Lyon lose ground on PSG’, but rather ‘how on earth are they as high as third’?

Not sure how accurate that bit is tbh.

Iirc Lynn have a stadium to pay for.

Back to topic:

Not sure how accurate that bit is tbh.

Iirc Lynn have a stadium to pay for.

So I guess the point being made is that Garde has to deal with his better players being constantly sold to pay for the stadium.

Guest alijmitchell

So a long time lurker pops up to say Ashley is better than 90% of other owners in 2015? Really? You're either of these 'look at me' people who has to have an opinion different to the accepted, blindingly obvious norm in order to feel important, or you are truly, unspeakably blind. Either way, you deserve the pain, relegations and constant belittling of our club far more than anyone else on here. Enjoy many more trophy less years, and I hope, if we ever get to a final, and win a trophy, you have the misfortune of losing your match  ticket in a strong gust of wind as you approach the ground.

It happens now and then, nobody says anything for ages, the board is seemingly in harmony, and then so total nutcase pops up out of nowhere and spouts a completely contrary opinion, claiming to be a 'realist' or whatever, and then f***s off after a couple of days.

I think Dave's paying them off in an attempt to spice the place up a little.

It is a bit funny seeing the entire fleet of the forum swivel their cannons in unison at the lone dinghy and sink it :lol:

Yep hilarious,

I'll stay and discuss or go away if you would rather?

Either way my opinion is still that of a fans - which you'll dismiss as one who's on drugs I imagine

You might be a fan, you can stay if you want but you'll have a hard time debating Ashley's merits on here, because that debate has moved on. If you had any new or interesting evidence to challenge the almost universally accepted wisdom that Ashley's stewardship has been awful, then fair enough, but you dont. It is like restarting a debate on autism/mmr - something that had been discredited years ago, which was occasionally dredged up and given credence to by idiots who have no new evidence for their claim, other than 'opinion'. Nonsense.

Ranieri and Capello couldn't speak English when they started for Chelsea and England respectively.

Making the case against it?

It wouldn't bother me if they could or not tbh. I quite liked Ranieri when he was manager of Chelsea tbh, but yes Capello was a bit of a disaster.

Guest chopey

according to the mirror it looks like no new boss until the end of january, which gives Ashley plenty of time to sell a purple and then not have time to replace him