Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Klopp is coming ...

:megusta:

To England yes :yao:

:lol:

Glad he's (presumably) coming to the PL. World-class manager, whichever club he ends up with he'll have them playing good football.

Not totally convinced that he'll go to the PL. He could conceivably go to Real or Barca

So desperate for some good news. Just so frustrating. All they have to do right now is hire a decent, well thought out manager, and there would be so much hope.

:lol: Stop hoping, man. It's bumming me out.

City bound surely.

I'm not sure that City would be the right fit for Klopp. He seems the highly-strung maverick type and I don't know how well he'd deal with the politics of the club and all the overpaid prima donnas in the squad.

I'd love him to come here, but he'll get better offers.

What's gone wrong at Dortmund? You don't normally expect a club that size to slip from top to bottom in one season. Not these days.

He'll get better offers from clubs that play exclusively on Sundays you lunatic.

:lol:  Is this the right room for an argument?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

I’m not sure if the mega clubs like Real will now want to take the risk on Klopp. Obviously they want someone of his ability, but they also want a safe pair of hands, and things have gone so badly wrong this season, that Klopp may now be seen as damaged goods.

Has Klopp experienced a dispiriting moment of truth, feeling that his chance of deposing Bayern has come and gone, and he’s done all he can? Maybe he needs another challenge to recover his mojo.

Interesting situation. Maybe Liverpool fit the bill.

I’m not sure if the mega clubs like Real will now want to take the risk on Klopp. Obviously they want someone of his ability, but they also want a safe pair of hands, and things have gone so badly wrong this season, that Klopp may now be seen as damaged goods.

Has Klopp experienced a dispiriting moment of truth, feeling that his chance of deposing Bayern has come and gone, and he’s done all he can? Maybe he needs another challenge to recover his mojo.

Interesting situation. Maybe Liverpool fit the bill.

He'll not have the problem of having his star players pinched at Real. He'll not go there though. Madrid is 2-3 job at the most. He'll want something long-term.

No chance of joining L'pool imo. City fit the bill the best. He'll be allowed to re-build that side within his own image and not have the best players taken away. That could be a 5 year "project".

Otherwise City should go for Rudi Garcia.

Guest chopey

So I haven't read any of this thread, but I imagine the jist of it is that Klopp is coming here and he has £50 million to spend on who ever he wants ?

Not quite £50 million. It's £38 million to be exact. We've saved that up all season, so Klopp could have the money to play with. Good planning I say.

It was £38m last April, so we can add on this year's profits as well, so double that.

Happy days are here again.  :celb:

Klopp doesn't seem to fit with Man City for me. His successes at Mainz and Dortmund were with 'underdog' teams that he got playing above their level with honest hard-working players. Not sure his style would work with the overpaid prima donnas at City. Plus I love Klopp and hate City so would be quite painful seeing him at a club I despise.

can't have this years pretendy profits til next year

Why not? There's no rule that you can't touch your profits until a year's time. The figure of £38m is just a snapshot of the situation in April 2014.

Unless I've got that completely wrong. Can any accountants confirm?

Guest Roger Kint

can't have this years pretendy profits til next year

Why not? There's no rule that you can't touch your profits until a year's time. The figure of £38m is just a snapshot of the situation in April 2014.

Unless I've got that completely wrong. Can any accountants confirm?

You are completely wrong.....

Its June 2014 :razz:

Klopp doesn't seem to fit with Man City for me. His successes at Mainz and Dortmund were with 'underdog' teams that he got playing above their level with honest hard-working players. Not sure his style would work with the overpaid prima donnas at City. Plus I love Klopp and hate City so would be quite painful seeing him at a club I despise.

Half that first team is getting sold in the summer i'm certain.

City are European underdogs.

Klopp is not going to go to a title winning side like City IMO, he seems to be more of a Kevin Keegan figure who is more renowned for entertainment than trophies. That said, he'll get better offers than us. If we were the old Newcastle aiming for the skies like under Sir John Hall it would be a different matter though.

Guest TruToon94

Klopp is not going to go to a title winning side like City IMO, he seems to be more of a Kevin Keegan figure who is more renowned for entertainment than trophies. That said, he'll get better offers than us. If we were the old Newcastle aiming for the skies like under Sir John Hall it would be a different matter though.

Not to lay any blame on you but Hall is one son of a bitch. He did admit he knew full well Ashley wanted to suck the life out of the club yet sold it to him anyway!

Massive twat Hall, acts like a poor geordie but loves money more than anything!

Not to lay any blame on you but Hall is one son of a bitch. He did admit he knew full well Ashley wanted to suck the life out of the club yet sold it to him anyway!

Massive t*** Hall, acts like a poor geordie but loves money more than anything!

Tbf what he admitted was he knew that Ashley wanted the club to promote Sports Direct. No one could have envisioned what Ashley would have done to get there though, we all assumed it was great thing to be taken over by a billionaire and surely the best promotion for his product was a successful team on the field !

Having said that, Hall was desperate to get out o at the time, he'd tried to sell his interest before to other groups, so even with the benefit of hindsight he might very well not have changed his mind and still sold to Ashley.

Guest TruToon94

Rich man in loving more money above all else shocker.

Yeah but I've never known too many of them claiming that they'd, "vote communist" and couldn't understand why their pa didn't.

SJH's mistake was taking the Ashley deal without waiting on something from the Middle East. He underestimated their buying power/desire to get into football. Middle East money actually required some diligence time too - Ashley basically gave him hard money and a small window to which he could back out of the deal - in truth to any deal person, SJH took the offer that was on the table with a fair bit certainty behind it.  This is all based on memory from that SJH quote, but my understanding is that there was definitely interest from the Middle East, but it was slower/quieter than that of Mike Ashley. Having said all of that - middle east interest in RE in the USA is constant, but many times the offers never actually materialize.