Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Fucking hell if Benitez really wanted the job the conversation should be as easy as:

"Hi Rafa, what would you like?" .. "Ok, agreed, see you tomorrow"

I'd be amazed if they had the brains to realise such a great opportunity though.  Probably think he'd be too difficult to deal with.  To thick to realise that if the manager/head coach is easy to deal with and basically a lap dog then the team of players will also treat him like a lap dog and do fuck all on the pitch.

Guest Roger Kint

Ffs. Any reason why Pearson is num 2? Where did any strong links for him come from anyways?

Out of work, been here before, bit of a wanker. Three things that link him to us. No other reason to be fair

Plus what disco said :lol:

There's not a chance Rafa's name has even come up in that boardroom. No way.

If he has been mentioned it would go against everything they've ever done, the only hope we have is that in desperate times people can do desperate things and move away from what has continued to fail in the past.  Any other club in our position would look for the best they can hire, we have in the past looked for somebody who can be controlled and that seems to be top of their wish list for a manager, they haven't shown the slightest bit of ambition when appointing a manager since bringing Keegan back.

Ffs. Any reason why Pearson is num 2? Where did any strong links for him come from anyways?

Out of work, been here before, bit of a wanker. Three things that link him to us. No other reason to be fair

Probably seen as a no nonsense hard man type by some fans who think he will transform us into blood and thunder spartan warriors. What other reason would there be?

I know this will sound disrespectful but 83 votes for Rafa shows the delusion still among our fans. If it's hope fair enough I'd hope he would join, but simple fact is he would never work for us.

Would have been a better poll with him not in it, to grasp some reality.

Guest reefatoon

It's a poll saying "Who would you go for" not a poll about who would be a mad enough twat to come.

I don't think he'd come.  Which is why I voted for Moyes.  I think him and Rodgers are realistic (ish) and I'd be happy with either. 

That said.  It's not like we've listed Mourinho.  Benitez is like second or third fav with the bookies and there are media reports saying he is supposedly on our shortlist and would be interested.  Whether you believe them or not, is another thing.  But I don't think it's that far fetched.

I know this will sound disrespectful but 83 votes for Rafa shows the delusion still among our fans. If it's hope fair enough I'd hope he would join, but simple fact is he would never work for us.

Would have been a better poll with him not in it, to grasp some reality.

It's who "I would go for" in reference to the thread title. If I had to put who the club would go for. I'd probably put JFK.

It's a poll saying "Who would you go for" not a poll about who would be a mad enough twat to come.

Exactly, what would it say about us if Rafa Benitez got no votes? :lol:

Surely the poll is about who you think is the best option on that list, not who you think some cunt currently in charge of the club will bring in.

Personally, I don't want anyone who would agree to work for Mike and Penfold, so I'm not really sure what to hope for.

Maybe someone who comes in and forces them to change everything about NUFC, and calls them both cunts. Probably not the most reliable way of getting hired mind.

It's a poll saying "Who would you go for" not a poll about who would be a mad enough t*** to come.

Yep, go for not who will realistically get.

Just I'm interested to know where those now 85 votes would be without unrealistic names on the list.

I think Rodgers would be a passable long-term appointment but I don't think he'd keep us up. Can't see unmotivated players buying in to his management speak mumbo jumbo.

That book on football management by Michael Calvin contained some worrying parallels between the McClaren mumbo jumbo and the Rodgers mumbo jumbo to be honest, but I'd still rather have Rodgers.  At least it allows us to have another manager with a name that people will keep spelling incorrectly.

Think Rodgers is being overrated a lot here. He was awful at Reading and largely awful at Liverpool. His achievements have been 2 seasons arguably piggybacking others' success at Swansea and 1 season at Liverpool when he had Suarez (who he never bought) and Sturridge (who he tried to stop the club signing) absolutely on fire. 

I don't see Mike Ashley going anywhere near Benitez who has fallen out with the chairman/board/DoF at half of his clubs.

I don't like Moyes, but think he'd keep you up no danger and make you a solid top half outfit. He'd probably want more control than in the current set-up though.

I'm just not sure what Rodgers has actually proved as a manager. He took over a relatively good set up at Swansea and didn't really move them on much, and at Liverpool he did well after taking over from the awful Dalglish, but got worse and worse the longer he was in the job.

EDIT: basically what 1878 said above.

Think Rodgers is being overrated a lot here. He was awful at Reading and largely awful at Liverpool. His achievements have been 2 seasons arguably piggybacking others' success at Swansea and 1 season at Liverpool when he had Suarez (who he never bought) and Sturridge (who he tried to stop the club signing) absolutely on fire. 

I don't see Mike Ashley going anywhere near Benitez who has fallen out with the chairman/board/DoF at half of his clubs.

I don't like Moyes, but think he'd keep you up no danger and make you a solid top half outfit. He'd probably want more control than in the current set-up though.

:thup: