Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I kind of hope Rafa goes to you guys (I am a Liverpool fan). He is a fantastic manager and a brilliant person. I want him to stay in English football. It was a disgrace when Purslow sacked him in 2010 after one bad season (he had broken our best PL point tally ever the season before) and replaced him with Roy FUCKING Hodgson. It was also a disgrace that our owners didn't even bother interviewing him last summer because he was too big of a personality for them and they were still getting advise from that cretin Purslow.

I think Newcastle is by far the best available option to him in England. Big stadium, passionate fans, a club who's had a bad season (only way is up), and is due a cup win. It makes perfect sense, and as you guys have mentioned, the only stumbling block would be the wages probably.

What would be his other options? I've seen him linked with PSG/Madrid/Schalke and Napoli. Read Schalke manager just extended for 2 years....PSG/Madrid depends on Carlo situation. Napoli ugh. They are in CL and that'll appeal to him, but he is a family man and his family love living in Liverpool. His daughters go to school there, and even when he was in Milan, he once mentioned it's unsettling the family.

With all the managerial changes happening this summer, the league could be wide open next season and it presents an opportunity to teams like you, and even ourselves. I hope Ashley sees the light and give him a call....With Fergie retiring, I'd love to see Mourinho and Rafa go head-to-head again. We need personalities in the league and they provide it (as much of a tosser as Mou is).

He always goes on about winning though Rafa. I think he had missed winning major honours since the last one was FA Cup in 2006, now that he's fulfilled that need, I  think he'd be more open to a PROJECT, as opposed to instant-trophy winning side. We'll find out I guess.

:thup: I certainly hope so.

I kind of hope Rafa goes to you guys (I am a Liverpool fan). He is a fantastic manager and a brilliant person. I want him to stay in English football. It was a disgrace when Purslow sacked him in 2010 after one bad season (he had broken our best PL point tally ever the season before) and replaced him with Roy FUCKING Hodgson. It was also a disgrace that our owners didn't even bother interviewing him last summer because he was too big of a personality for them and they were still getting advise from that cretin Purslow.

I think Newcastle is by far the best available option to him in England. Big stadium, passionate fans, a club who's had a bad season (only way is up), and is due a cup win. It makes perfect sense, and as you guys have mentioned, the only stumbling block would be the wages probably.

What would be his other options? I've seen him linked with PSG/Madrid/Schalke and Napoli. Read Schalke manager just extended for 2 years....PSG/Madrid depends on Carlo situation. Napoli ugh. They are in CL and that'll appeal to him, but he is a family man and his family love living in Liverpool. His daughters go to school there, and even when he was in Milan, he once mentioned it's unsettling the family.

With all the managerial changes happening this summer, the league could be wide open next season and it presents an opportunity to teams like you, and even ourselves. I hope Ashley sees the light and give him a call....With Fergie retiring, I'd love to see Mourinho and Rafa go head-to-head again. We need personalities in the league and they provide it (as much of a tosser as Mou is).

He always goes on about winning though Rafa. I think he had missed winning major honours since the last one was FA Cup in 2006, now that he's fulfilled that need, I  think he'd be more open to a PROJECT, as opposed to instant-trophy winning side. We'll find out I guess.

I think every one here (or at least most) would love to have Rafa here. However beyond wages I'm not sure how well he would work with Llambias and Ashley. They are very hands on with regards to transfers and the way the club is run. I'm not sure how Rafa would work with having players bought for him and sold without any say in it. Not to mention they are very difficult to get a long with as Keegan and Hughton found out.

Guest Vinkent

Sun reporting via Twitter that Gus Poyet has been suspended by Brighton and told to stay away from the club.

Poyet to Everton ?

Potentiallly could be a good move but very risky since Poyet hasn't managed at this level, big difference in the PL, just ask Bruce, Zola, McCarthy et al. I think Martinez will end up there, which is another appointment which could go either way.

Jol to Everton will be an absolute disaster.

He's basically the exact opposite of Moyes in every single aspect. His teams usually do play better football (At their best), but they are very easy to beat he doesn't motivate them consistently enough. Generally very soft, the exact opposite of the Everton team Moyes had. I kind of wish that'd happen, because that means Merseyside derbies will be a lot more peaceful.

I'm not as in love with Jol as a lot on this board. Everton need to get their next appointment right, with a aging squad, feel they are heading for a transitional period, so they need a manager that can help them rebuild. 

Jol at Newcastle would be brilliant. Love story no doubt.

Please explain to me what makes you think that?

I haven't watched a lot of Fulham this season, but the way he did things at spurs struck me as a man who Newcastle fans would take to.

He has a weird romantic philosophy and seems to be very attack minded. It saddens me that his reputation seems to have fallen due to this season. Their squad is fucking shite.

I haven't watched a lot of Fulham this season, but the way he did things at spurs struck me as a man who Newcastle fans would take to.

He has a weird romantic philosophy and seems to be very attack minded. It saddens me that his reputation seems to have fallen due to this season. Their squad is f***ing s****.

Fair enough. I just dont think he's any better than Pardew and thats the problem for me. Its a sideways step.

He has a weird romantic philosophy and seems to be very attack minded. It saddens me that his reputation seems to have fallen due to this season. Their squad is f***ing s****.

Fair enough. I just dont think he's any better than Pardew and thats the problem for me. Its a sideways step.

Nah Jol is streets ahead Pardew as a manager.  Thought he was unlucky at Spurs but did well at Hamburg and at Ajax.  Fulham hasn't helped his reputation but as has been mentioned their squad isn't the best.  Granted he wouldnt be my first choice but if it was a choice between Jol and Pardew I'd take Jol hands down.

Some need to get over the ******* > Pardew mentality.

Getting punched on the arm is better than a kick in the balls but neither are what you want.

I really hope our next manager (if he goes, I'm doubtful) is a vast improvement rather than just slightly better.

Some need to get over the ******* > Pardew mentality.

Too right.

Apart from anything else, it is patently untrue.

Available:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/images/300x/1752155.jpg