Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Even with these signings we're still one of the weakest sides in the league in terms of depth, central midfield aside. Make no mistake they've done a great job bringing them in, but the cracks they are filling should have been filled a long time ago.

Not sure about that. IF we sign those mentioned today we have;

Krul, Elliot, Harper

Simpson, Perch, Raylor, Saylor, Colo, Mbiwa, Williamson, Santon, that French left back, Tavernier, Debuchy.

Bigi, Abeid, Cabaye, Tiote, Anita, Sissoko, Jonas.

Shola, Cisse, Obertan, Marveaux, Ben Arfa, Gouffran, Sammy.

Probably missing a couple but that's not the weakest squad.

through ferguson  in there aswell

:thup:

Forgot Amalfitano who I still believe can settle in and be a decent player. I know Pardew is the forum's Jimmy Saville at the moment but he has a track record of allowing players bed in when they need it.

Really hopefully Romain can make a name for himself here, he's young and lightweight but seems to have a good footballing brain so fingers crossed for the lad.

:thup:

Forgot Amalfitano who I still believe can settle in and be a decent player. I know Pardew is the forum's Jimmy Saville at the moment but he has a track record of allowing players bed in when they need it.

Really hopefully Romain can make a name for himself here, he's young and lightweight but seems to have a good footballing brain so fingers crossed for the lad.

With so many French lads around now I'm hoping he will find it much easier to settle and get into the team. What's weird is that when he has played for us he has given us a bit of a spark, so not sure why he's not deemed ready. Think he looks more convincing then Sammy.

We've spent years bemoaning the likes of Owen, Duff etc who earn big money and show very little commitment and desire for the shirt. Remy was clearly motivated by money but Gouffran said he was 'proud' to be joining our club.

Certainly the kind of player I want to see wearing the black and white :thup:

Guest Roger Kint

No pressure or anything but hope he can have a Cisse/Michu start to his life in the premiership!! We need him to at the end of the day.

He only has to score a couple more than Shola's utterly shameful 1 goal in 33 or whatever it is. Thats the very opposite of pressure tbh :lol:

Guest BrightonMag

The pluses that I can see are - he's quick, and we desperately need pace up front (and have done since Bellamy). He's got 14 goals this season so far (I do always worry a bit about players who don't have recent form) and he's much cheaper than what Bordeaux payed.

We've spent years bemoaning the likes of Owen, Duff etc who earn big money and show very little commitment and desire for the shirt. Remy was clearly motivated by money but Gouffran said he was 'proud' to be joining our club.

To be fair, just saying he is "proud" doesn't mean he is actually proud...but in general he seems on a more even keel with regard to attitude. We liked Remy's dancing and G-ness, but Gouffran will be better suited to our side at the moment, and to be fair, for £1.3mil, is practically a free player! Didn't Williamson cost £2mil?

To be fair, just saying he is "proud" doesn't mean he is actually proud...but in general he seems on a more even keel with regard to attitude. We liked Remy's dancing and G-ness, but Gouffran will be better suited to our side at the moment, and to be fair, for £1.3mil, is practically a free player! Didn't Williamson cost £2mil?

Who?

Even with these signings we're still one of the weakest sides in the league in terms of depth, central midfield aside. Make no mistake they've done a great job bringing them in, but the cracks they are filling should have been filled a long time ago.

Krul, Elliot, Harper

Simpson, Perch, Raylor, Saylor, Colo, Mbiwa, Williamson, Santon, that French left back, Tavernier, Debuchy.

and Gosling

If he even get half a dozen goals and a few assists he'll be a massive bargain.

Krul, Elliot, Harper

and Gosling

Vuckic and Ranger too

Guest Roger Kint

He's probably been hiding in that bush all morning to get that pic.

Looking again is that not the pic off yesterday of Mbiwa and his people from a different angle?

Edit: Yes

martin lee trinder martin lee trinder ‏@martintrinder

Yesterday's signing and two new boys all at Benton

Guest Roger Kint

SSN yellow ticker.

They will probably have Mbiwa's presser or an interview sometime this morning. Its about to start about now based on twitter