Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Gouffran is an interesting signing. Same age as Remy, probably as fast and scored way more than him this season. Not saying he is better but we have got ourselves a great deal for the price.

Massive fuck off to Harry if he outscores Remy. :)

Guest Howaythetoon

Sounds like he is a definite step up from Shola so it's a step in the right direction.  :thup:

I hate statements like this. The player hasn't played 1 minute in the Premier League yet and is a totally unknown quantity. He could easily flop or struggle to adapt. If he is bought as Ba's replacement he will need to come in and score goals straight away, and even if he is brought in as a squad player only he will still have to contribute meaningfully.

Sounds like he is a definite step up from Shola so it's a step in the right direction.  :thup:

I hate statements like this. The player hasn't played 1 minute in the Premier League yet and is a totally unknown quantity. He could easily flop or struggle to adapt. If he is bought as Ba's replacement he will need to come in and score goals straight away, and even if he is brought in as a squad player only he will still have to contribute meaningfully.

Happy New Year to you too! :lol:

And we are back down to earth again, let people have their dreams man.

Considering Shola is shit, it doesn't take much being a step up from him

HTT? Should be OTT.

Guest Howaythetoon

Considering Shola is s***, it doesn't take much being a step up from him

Pathetic. And when this player turns out not to be Messi incarnated.... then what?!

Pathetic. And when this player turns out not to be Messi incarnated.... then what?!

Who mentioned Messi?

It is fair to say he can't be worse than Shola, not sure how you can disagree with that

Guest Howaythetoon

HTT? Should be OTT.

No OTT is the attitude that anyone is better than Shola and worse still that the 'anyone better than' will come in and do the business!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Nah, Shola = Messi. Clearly. There's well documented research on this, but you've got to do your own research, as HTT does not share his.

:lol:

Damn lad, how can you be on a downer today?

Is your glass half empty, half full or have you knocked it over?

So it's not a step in the right direction?

Guest Howaythetoon

Who mentioned Messi?

It is fair to say he can't be worse than Shola, not sure how you can disagree with that

He can be and could be.

No-one mentioned Messi but the way some people are going on its like "way hay, he's better than Shola get the fuck in and therefore = goals or major contributions".

Me, I'm worried that we are signing unknown quantities who will take time to settle to pretty much save us from going down.

Who mentioned Messi?

He can be and could be.

No-one mentioned Messi but the way some people are going on its like "way hay, he's better than Shola get the f*** in and therefore = goals or major contributions".

Me, I'm worried that we are signing unknown quantities who will take time to settle to pretty much save us from going down.

BUT Shola is a known quantity, that quantity being shit

Guest Howaythetoon

So it's not a step in the right direction?

Its a step in the right direction that we are signing players and one of them happens to be a striker/forward but that's not my gripe anyway, its lazy fucking shitty comments like "well anyone's better than Shola" shit that does my head in. I bet those that think along those lines haven't even seen this player play, not in any real depth anyway.