The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

[move] :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave:[/move]

Unlike the hype that is manufactured around ties such as Man Utd vs Liverpool, for me this is a genuine glamour tie - so it'd have to be pretty abhorrent stuff for me not to watch it/enjoy it. Just seeing various battles over the pitch that people will speculate about all year round in the interminable Premiership vs La Liga debates/crossover comparisons etc

Maybe it's because half the season I find myself watching Man Utd in the Premiership I end up thinking/muttering under my breath towards the end "can't wait 'til these get dicked over by Barca/Real/Dortmund" :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Agree with that. Still not as excited as I was about the Champions League in the 90s, but then I guess childhood and all that.

"The whole world will be watching - even Dave, just to make sure it was shite."  :p

The way Alan Green lists the teams in terms of replacements from the last game is stupid. Who gives a fuck? By the time he's said player X comes in for player Y and player A for player B about ten times it's impossible to picture the lineup. And nobody cares who played in the last Madrid game anyway.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Peter Crouch has CL experience. Mind-boggling.

Ross Turnbull has a Champions League winner's medal. ROSS TURNBULL.