The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

"Ronaldo in the box! Ronaldo hesitates! Ronaldo!"

He has the classic American commentator problem when commentating on football: they don't let it breathe like it needs to.

Gus is a fox guy. Fox have the World Cup I believe.  NBC's main guy is Arlo White right now and they'll most likley add more talent or do what Fox generally does and use the feed's commentators from Europe ie: I have the Sky commentary team I believe. 

NBC Sports CEO basically said the sport doesn't lend itself to an American accent/commentator :lol:

""We think Arlo fits very nicely, and we are working to see who fits this content," Lazarus said. "I don't think you can take someone calling an MLS game on a regional sports network, put them on an English Premier League game and have the same tone that the fan is accustomed to. We believe in the indigenous voice. And the fact we have Arlo doing our games speaks to that. We think that there is a tone and tact that the international soccer fan expects and we will not disappoint."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/richard_deitsch/10/28/nbc-confirms-epl-deal/index.html#ixzz2KoPT2dkO