The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Massively worried now, been sucked right back into the mire.  Be between us and the Mackems at this rate.  Next two games are huge.

stoke 5 defeats in 6 and man u next they're right in it

5 points from their last 12 games and a tricky run-in - they're in deep shit.

Massively worried now, been sucked right back into the mire.  Be between us and the Mackems at this rate.  Next two games are huge.

stoke 5 defeats in 6 and man u next they're right in it

5 points from their last 12 games and a tricky run-in - they're in deep shit.

1 win in 13, and some "6 pointers" in their fixture list with the fans turning rebellious against pulis

Stoke have 1 away win all season, like us.  They also have 3 left to play at home - two of which are against Man Utd and Spurs.  They're right in it as well now.

The more I think I about it, the more it looks like that it's written in the script that Owen comes from the bench in their last game, scores a goal to safe them, become a Stoke hero and send us down. :undecided:

Holy fucking shitbiscuits.

What a season this has been. I can't stand it anymore.

I avoid the game, can't resist looking, see we are 1 up, smile, then instantly they equalise. I then turn it off, stomp around the house nervously, swear at the Mrs a few times, check back and Lowton has apparently scored a decent goal and Benteke has added a third.

If we could only learn to defend, we'd actually be a decent side.

Stoke have 1 away win all season, like us.  They also have 3 left to play at home - two of which are against Man Utd and Spurs.  They're right in it as well now.

Damn, never realised quite how bad it is for them.  I really hope Stoke and the Mackems stay as shit as they are currently because I have little faith in us turning things around for ourselves.  Mental migetry is rife in our side which can be seen with Pardew's long-ball negativity and the way our heads drop as soon pretty much every time the going gets tough.  Hope I'm proven wrong and our manager and players step up.

The fact that we're seriously threatened by relegation at this stage of the season with the players we have - misfortune with injuries or not - is grounds enough to think hard about getting shot of Pardew.

Holy fucking shitbiscuits.

What a season this has been. I can't stand it anymore.

I avoid the game, can't resist looking, see we are 1 up, smile, then instantly they equalise. I then turn it off, stomp around the house nervously, swear at the Mrs a few times, check back and Lowton has apparently scored a decent goal and Benteke has added a third.

If we could only learn to defend, we'd actually be a decent side.

Lowton's goal was unreal mate, wait til you see it.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

While there is some nerves creeping in to me for us I'd still be shitting tons more bricks if I were a Sunderland or Stoke fan. Those remaining fixtures would indeed scare me a lot more.

While there is some nerves creeping in to me for us I'd still be shitting tons more bricks if I were a Sunderland or Stoke fan. Those remaining fixtures would indeed scare me a lot more.

It is all about momentum at this point, and Stoke's and Sunderland's is awful. I hadn't realised just how awful Stoke's run in is, too. Even their home matches are tough.

We are fortunate, too, in that we've the double benefit of having won three of our last four games, and all of them coming against fellow strugglers.