Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not fussed either way. Looks like we were only prepared to sell him if we got our money back, and it's yet more evidence that we are not prepared to panic in the transfer market any more. No player leaves except on our terms. Love it.

Bummer, if he goes, because I still wanted (hoped) he'd come good and was a big fan of his in France. However, that's a hell of a fee all-things considered given his past 12 months+.

I hope we sign some exciting attackers now though.

It's more difficult to sign players now compared to a few weeks ago. People want even crazier money now. Fingers crossed that we can get the ones we want in soon.

Don't worry, we will. Easy to forget that there's still over a month to go and a lot of teams still have a lot of business to be done.

Rafa said we are " close " so i have no doubt that there will be a few more signings yet before September arrives.

"Lazio have reached an agreement with Newcastle United for the signature of French winger Florian Thauvin, according to Italian daily Corriere dello Sport. It has been claimed that the Serie A giants have agreed to pay a loan fee of €2m for Thauvin, and are obligated to make the move permanent at a later date for €11m."

I know they are far from reliable but i thought i'd post it anyway. Probably BS.

I read this in the voice of James Richardson sitting in the sun outside a Milan cafe and it's believable

That'll be 4 attacking midfielders/wingers out with him and Sissoko and one in with Ritchie. Going to need at least another 2 in now

Sissoko's still here, but yeah I'm sure there'll be at least one more wide man coming in. We've got Gayle and Aarons who could do it at a pinch for now. I'm not counting Sammy Ameobi because he's not good enough.

That'll be 4 attacking midfielders/wingers out with him and Sissoko and one in with Ritchie. Going to need at least another 2 in now

Sissoko's still here, but yeah I'm sure there'll be at least one more wide man coming in. We've got Gayle and Aarons who could do it at a pinch for now. I'm not counting Sammy Ameobi because he's not good enough.

Where is Sammy, hasn't featured at all in pre-season, did I miss an injury to him or does Rafa really not rate him ?

Where is Sammy, hasn't featured at all in pre-season, did I miss an injury to him or does Rafa really not rate him ?

Rafa doesn't rate him.

That video :lol: Looks such a simple task as well.

In regards to flogging him, I'd be happy if he goes. He didn't want to be here in the first place, such a daft transfer for us to sign off.

In a strange old world six degrees of separation kinda thingy:

"Tobin is not an indigenous Irish name, but the family can be regarded as having become completely hibernicized. Its Irish form, Toibn, is a gaelicized version of the Norman 'St Aubyn.' Another interpretation is that the name was first called de St. Aubyn and the original bearers were from Aubyn, in Brittany, France."

We now just need to sell him to Bohemians (unless there's a St Aubyn FC on Jersey??)  and all will be right with the world. Need Minhisa to do some more prophetizing malarkey: "when the moon shines low on the Liffey and Tobin's lass swallows me baguette, wor  Flor will return whence he came, and the Toon will win something yet."