Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's only 22. Same age as Ayoze. However people deem Ayoze as too young to play week in week out but are giving this guy pelters over consistency  :mike:

Donkey plop.

Sounds like something you'd expect to read in the John Carver thread.

eh? no one's said ayoze is too young to play week in week out. think most people want him starting

Exactly :lol: was our best player last season and he should be in the team. Not entirely sure where is best for him in our system like.

Perez should be starting now that De Jong has broken a nail. Will be good to see Thauvin brought in to be honest. We need someone that can actually cross from the midfield. Aarons seems to be the only one we have half capable.

Guest Gino14

Wasn't it said we actually paid a lot less for Cabella than was reported?  At one point it was said to be £12m and then reports were saying it was actually more like £7m.  If that's the case, then after a season of abject failure for us, the fee doesn't seem too bad.  That all depends on what the real fee was though.

I'd like to see Cabella given a chance with proper managers and coaches, but it just seems like he doesn't get stuck in and I'd have the same complaint with Obertan.  They're physical cowards on the pitch.  I don't expect players to be super aggressive, but if you're as light and small as Cabella, you need to have good balance and still show some aggression.  David Silva is hardly an aggressive player, but he's practically Mike Tyson compared to Cabella.  Maybe Thauvin's arrogance could help him in that regard, because he won't be afraid of the challenge.

I don't really see this as if we sign Thauvin we don't get a defender either.  That's not really how our transfer policy works.  We have to buy people if we're to sell them on for bigger fees.  So if a defender is available that could increase dramatically in value we'll buy him and if not we won't.  We have six centre backs, so as much as most of them are a shambles, the club probably won't see us as needing one unless someone else goes.  If we get Thauvin it's a major plus, because it's one step towards not seeing Obertan on the pitch as often, or Sissoko not playing right wing all the time.  Our wings are a really weak area and have been for years now, mostly down to Pardew's misuse of Ben Arfa and his liking for rubbish long punt "front foot" football.

I'm hopeful on Thauvin, there's only so much you can take from a former clubs fans. If a small section of OM fans on the Internet think we've been robbed, so be it. They could be as knowledge as some of the guys on here, i.e. not very...

Thauvin was excellent at Bastia and Lille, maybe he's that kind of player - who needs to feel like the big fish. I'd be delighted if it comes off, regardless of how many defensive reinforcements we need. If we don't sign another defender, it doesn't mean I want us to not sign attacking players either.

Forget this lads 22, still no age like.

He should be just coming into the best football of his career now. Hopefully McClaren's more attacking football will suit him, coupled with the pace of the league.

Doing a bit of DW scouting, his style reminds me of Pires, the way he tries to weave through players.

He's direct and pacey which is perfect for this league. It's encouraging that the club see the importance of having pace in the side. At least with him and Moussa on the flanks we will have every chance on the counter.

I'm hopeful on Thauvin, there's only so much you can take from a former clubs fans. If a small section of OM fans on the Internet think we've been robbed, so be it. They could be as knowledge as some of the guys on here, i.e. not very...

Thauvin was excellent at Bastia and Lille, maybe he's that kind of player - who needs to feel like the big fish. I'd be delighted if it comes off, regardless of how many defensive reinforcements we need. If we don't sign another defender, it doesn't mean I want us to not sign attacking players either.

Nothing important, but he never played for Lille.

I expected no more, so one more in is a slight improvement, even if I think we are ridding ourselves of a player that could be useful in this team.

Still makes all the talk of a new look United total bullshit mind. The final figure will show money spent but it will only be money we've had for years, plus selling another player for a good fee (which we won't see for a year) and one of the worst defences in the league has still not been addressed. Unless you count giving a potential extra 2 years to a player whose looked past it for the last 2 years addressing the problem.

Wait so Cabellas definitely flying out today no matter what but Marseille are apparently now demanding £14m? So there's every chance we could lose Cabella and go and tell Marseille to do one? Excellent :lol:

Every chance. Yeah. 

:serious:

Wasn't it said we actually paid a lot less for Cabella than was reported?  At one point it was said to be £12m and then reports were saying it was actually more like £7m.  If that's the case, then after a season of abject failure for us, the fee doesn't seem too bad.  That all depends on what the real fee was though.

I'd like to see Cabella given a chance with proper managers and coaches, but it just seems like he doesn't get stuck in and I'd have the same complaint with Obertan.  They're physical cowards on the pitch.  I don't expect players to be super aggressive, but if you're as light and small as Cabella, you need to have good balance and still show some aggression.  David Silva is hardly an aggressive player, but he's practically Mike Tyson compared to Cabella.  Maybe Thauvin's arrogance could help him in that regard, because he won't be afraid of the challenge.

I don't really see this as if we sign Thauvin we don't get a defender either.  That's not really how our transfer policy works.  We have to buy people if we're to sell them on for bigger fees.  So if a defender is available that could increase dramatically in value we'll buy him and if not we won't.  We have six centre backs, so as much as most of them are a shambles, the club probably won't see us as needing one unless someone else goes.  If we get Thauvin it's a major plus, because it's one step towards not seeing Obertan on the pitch as often, or Sissoko not playing right wing all the time.  Our wings are a really weak area and have been for years now, mostly down to Pardew's misuse of Ben Arfa and his liking for rubbish long punt "front foot" football.

The local journos were saying at the time that the club had told them that the fee was closer to £7m.  It was probably a case of £7m rising to £12m with add-ons.

It's Lee Ryder, therefore it may seem a lot, but absolutely no knowledge was used whilst writing.

He didn't get that fee out of his arse. It might very well be wrong, but he has it from someone. Saw that fee (20 mill euros) mentioned in a French paper yesterday.

And yeah, fucking Marseille.

Mohammed Ali

The offer from #NUFC for Thauvin is €17m + €2.5m-3m in bonuses - Cabella wants to know more about #OM direction esp. manager

Reckon that is close to the truth. A lot of money.

That source is the greatest.