Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Florian Thauvin will not be involved in the remainder of the season, having re-joined Marseille on loan, but McClaren is adamant the Frenchman still has a future on Tyneside despite having failed to impress so far.

“He’s a good player,” he said. “He’s one of those players who has found it really difficult to adapt to the league, the physicality. Maybe experiencing it, going away and playing, regaining a bit of confidence and coming back in the summer, there’s another opportunity.”

Florian Thauvin will not be involved in the remainder of the season, having re-joined Marseille on loan, but McClaren is adamant the Frenchman still has a future on Tyneside despite having failed to impress so far.

“He’s a good player,” he said. “He’s one of those players who has found it really difficult to adapt to the league, the physicality. Maybe experiencing it, going away and playing, regaining a bit of confidence and coming back in the summer, there’s another opportunity.”

interesting that steve, seeing as he's hardly fucking played

interesting that steve, seeing as he's hardly f***ing played

He might have seen him in training and stuff.

well he said the league, not the country in general or training, but yeah it's possible the players are all kicking fuck out of each other in training to the extent that florian has run home scared like the frenchman that he is

well he said the league, not the country in general or training, but yeah it's possible the players are all kicking fuck out of each other in training to the extent that florian has run home scared like the frenchman that he is

:lol:

feel like i'm missing something but has there been a creeping in of casual racism into the forum in the form of jokes recently?

2CJtUb3N_400x400.jpeg

I get the feeling it was the player himself who expressed the desire to go back out on loan. I don't think he fancied it himself, less so than McClaren or NUFC.

Those mean fans at Watford hurt his feelings, so much so that the thousands we pay him per week and the superhot model he has at home couldn't lift him out of the dumps.

I liked the kid and wanted him to be given an extended run in the team, but if he actually wanted to jump ship then there's no excuse, even if he was booed by a section of our neanderthal fans.

feel like i'm missing something but has there been a creeping in of casual racism into the forum in the form of jokes recently?

2CJtUb3N_400x400.jpeg

Ha nice try, my implication was that a lot people here and elsewhere consider him to be a soft as shite Frenchman and of course they have the reputation for being surrender monkeys don't they...

• 2 weeks later...
Florian Thauvin was interviewed by L’Equipe and this is part of the interview as translated by GFFN:

Why have you returned to a club where you had such a difficult two years of your career?

“Firstly, I could not have signed anywhere else other than Marseille because you can’t play for three different clubs in one season. After that, you have to live it to understand it. This is a club that is carried by its fans. I was certainly missing that adrenaline.”

Did you really want to leave Marseille last summer?

“It is true that my transfer happened at the last minute and very quickly. There was a change of manager, the club needed money. It was a good opportunity for me to discover the best league in the world.”

Did you not feel like you had been hung out to dry by the Marseille board?

“No, no.”

The beginning of your career was full of promises, the expectations are certainly stronger when it comes to you?

“I need to be left to play my football, to be left to work. I still have my entire career in front of me.”

But time is going by.

“If I manage to take the right turn now, I can reverse things. And you can still play football at a very high level after reaching 30. I must not put too much pressure on myself.”

Even after your delicate period at Newcastle…?

“I had a new experience, a new league, a new way of life. It allowed me to reflect a little on the two years that I had at Marseille, to understand certain things.”

The criticism can be even more extreme in England, like that which followed your appearance in a suit and bowtie ahead of a match?

“In England, at each home game, you need to come to the stadium in a suit. It is the tradition. But on that day, Alan Shearer violently criticised me by saying that I was making myself out to be someone that I wasn’t even though I was not the only one wearing a bowtie (ED: Chancel Mbemba wore one first)! Why me again? I would like to be left alone…”

- See more at: http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/02/florian-thauvin-gives-latest-interview-in-france-talks-newcastle-united-and-alan-shearer-newcastle-united/#sthash.qsAiRB8o.dpuf

Florian Thauvin was interviewed by L’Equipe and this is part of the interview as translated by GFFN:

Why have you returned to a club where you had such a difficult two years of your career?

“Firstly, I could not have signed anywhere else other than Marseille because you can’t play for three different clubs in one season. After that, you have to live it to understand it. This is a club that is carried by its fans. I was certainly missing that adrenaline.”

Did you really want to leave Marseille last summer?

“It is true that my transfer happened at the last minute and very quickly. There was a change of manager, the club needed money. It was a good opportunity for me to discover the best league in the world.”

Did you not feel like you had been hung out to dry by the Marseille board?

“No, no.”

The beginning of your career was full of promises, the expectations are certainly stronger when it comes to you?

“I need to be left to play my football, to be left to work. I still have my entire career in front of me.”

But time is going by.

“If I manage to take the right turn now, I can reverse things. And you can still play football at a very high level after reaching 30. I must not put too much pressure on myself.”

Even after your delicate period at Newcastle…?

“I had a new experience, a new league, a new way of life. It allowed me to reflect a little on the two years that I had at Marseille, to understand certain things.”

The criticism can be even more extreme in England, like that which followed your appearance in a suit and bowtie ahead of a match?

“In England, at each home game, you need to come to the stadium in a suit. It is the tradition. But on that day, Alan Shearer violently criticised me by saying that I was making myself out to be someone that I wasn’t even though I was not the only one wearing a bowtie (ED: Chancel Mbemba wore one first)! Why me again? I would like to be left alone…”

- See more at: http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/02/florian-thauvin-gives-latest-interview-in-france-talks-newcastle-united-and-alan-shearer-newcastle-united/#sthash.qsAiRB8o.dpuf

Chelping about Shearer! Guess he doesn't plan on coming back then.

Mbemba did the exact same thing the previous week and everyone thought it was mint [emoji38]

People probably just smiled as they silently thought he looked like the guy they'd bumped into him in the nightclub toilets the previous weekend who offered them some Hugo Boss.