Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I thought he showed a real desire to close down as well. Considering Mitrovic was at times loitering around the right back spot doing the job Obertan should have been doing, in comparison I thought Thauvin looked an obvious improvement at both ends of the pitch.

He was unlucky with that break at the end too. If the ball had been at anyone other that Cisse's feet we would have likely punished them in that situation.

He had the most important touch in the lead-up to our last minute chance. It was him that set Wijnaldum on his way with a first time pass into space. The guy barely touched the ball yesterday and someone on here isn't impressed that he didn't get Luke Shaw to consider retirement because he had played 70 more minutes.  :idiot2:

McLaren was very keen to point out he had discussed exactly where he expects Thauvin to play in the team. Once everyone is fit I wonder whether that will be on the left or the right.

Hopefully he'll be swapping sides with the other winger a lot. Between Aarons, Perez, Thauvin and Sissoko, we've got players that are all comfortable enough going inside and out, we should be fluid enough to mix that up. If we continue with Wijnaldum as a 10, the 3 behind the striker could all be rotating heavily.

Personally, I think we should play 4-3-3, with Aarons, Perez, Thauvin and Obertan :anguish: competing for those wide spots.

You would like your expensive winger to trouble Luke Shaw when Shaw has played 70 minutes more. 

:whatdidido:

He's been here 5 minutes, doesn't speak the language, has barely trained, probably isn't even nearly match fit and hardly knows his team mates. Of course he should belt onto the pitch and start murdering full backs away from home when we're defending for our lives man.

Just the full pre-season and two league games in Ligue 1.

Just asked random French speaker in pub about him (knew nowt/not into footy/ still, any excuse....) she  pronounced his name "toe-vah" dawned on me I'd never heard him/other say his name. Does that sound right to those that have?

Simple song to the tune of 'Je ne regrette rien'.

Florrrrrrian, Florian,

Florrrrrian Thauvin'

To the tune of The Move's "Flowers In The Rain"

I'm just sitting watching Florian Thauvin

Watching Florian Thauvin

Kicking the ball!

(repeat)