Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think once we realised he had the beating of his man pretty easily there was a lot of excited anticipation when he got the ball. I was gutted he went off but probably for the best to keep him fresh for Saturday

Question to any one who went to the match - when he got the ball wide right was there any collective "go on" like used to do for Ben Arfa?

If there wasn't, I'm sure there will be in no time. Personally, I think that's what he thrives on and we could be a really good fit for him.

Loved that interview with Ben Arfa when he loved the crowd urging him forward :smitten:

Question to any one who went to the match - when he got the ball wide right was there any collective "go on" like used to do for Ben Arfa?

If there wasn't, I'm sure there will be in no time. Personally, I think that's what he thrives on and we could be a really good fit for him.

Loved that interview with Ben Arfa when he loved the crowd urging him forward :smitten:

I'm fucking excited for Saturday. Hoping we get a full 90 out of this fella. We've finally got pace and talent on the wings again.

It was the City of Manchester stadium for Ben Arfa btw. And it wasn't him being inconsistent ffs it was assault

OK, I mistyped the stadium name(but to old timers like me, Man C will ALWAYS be associated with Maine Rd !), but READ MY POST...Did I, or did I not say HBA was TAKEN OUT BY DE JONG..???

Incidentally, HBA could also be inconsistent but how you have come to deduce that I was stating that in connection with the de Jong tackle, I have no idea.

Guest Recoba

Atmosphere was a bit flat, being half empty.  Northampton fans in good voice.

It was the City of Manchester stadium for Ben Arfa btw. And it wasn't him being inconsistent ffs it was assault

OK, I mistyped the stadium name(but to old timers like me, Man C will ALWAYS be associated with Maine Rd !), but READ MY POST...Did I, or did I not say HBA was TAKEN OUT BY DE JONG..???

Incidentally, HBA could also be inconsistent but how you have come to deduce that I was stating that in connection with the de Jong tackle, I have no idea.

Tbf your whole post didn't really seem to have much of a coherent point to it, you basically trotted the "french wingers are moody" line out

Someone posted a tweet from Lee Ryder (I know, I know) in the match thread that there was.

EDIT: Maybe not exactly like that, but this was it:

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  20s20 seconds ago

The crowd are loving it when Thauvin gets the ball. He's just left a defender standing with a great jinking run.

Guest antz1uk

How about the song we used to sing for colo? With Florian Thauvin instead?

was thinking this myself

Ohhh Florian Thauuuvin

you are the love of my life

florian thauvin

we'd love to f**k your wife

Florian Thavuin

we love your left foot tooooooo

:lol: :lol:

Guest alijmitchell

How about the song we used to sing for colo? With Florian Thauvin instead?

was thinking this myself

Ohhh Florian Thauuuvin

you are the love of my life

florian thauvin

we'd love to f**k your wife

Florian Thavuin

we love your left foot tooooooo

[emoji38] [emoji38]

Ha ha those are the lines I had in my head too!

We've got Florrie Florrie Florrie Florrie Thauvin on the wing, on the wing.

:thup:

:lol: :lol: old'un, but golden

Thinking about it more, what about Tezza's other (ahem...) less well known, ditty?

Non, je ne regrette Hibbitt

John Tudor, le bien qu'on m'a fait,

Supermac ni le Mal, tout ca m'est bien egale...

Je me focus du passé

Don't bother with translation, just a shameless attempt to promote alternative FT song  :whistle:

reckon we should sing his name to Lola by The Kinks

Good, but I'd still vote for this:

With the words:

Floor...Floor- reeeeaan,

Floor-reeeaan Toe-oh-vahn.

(Repeat until hoarse...).

Simple but appropriately full of awe, admiration and a touch of Gallic gravitas. Now we just need to team-up at an away match, with additional ingredients: six pints, steely determination, a packet of Tunes and a performance like last night and we are offski! A new chant is launched to echo around the cosmos for ever....

Being a gentleman of senior years, I don't join in with many conversations about chanting BUT.... this one would be funny.

Tbf your whole post didn't really seem to have much of a coherent point to it, you basically trotted the "french wingers are moody" line out

It might have looked 'incoherent' to you because you clearly haven't got the intelligence to understand it - and don't waste your time trying to reply again, I am not interested in either the opinions or posts by people like you.