The France Thread

EthiGeordie

No Ribery or Benzema?

That list only has 12 of the 17 'definites' L'equipe has listed. I'd imagine Benzema, Ribery, Lloris included in the other 5.

Aye, stupid on my part; didn't even bother to count the names. I'm sure Benzema, Ribery and Lloris are the first few names on the sheet.

Spiro tweeted this later: "Koscielny only a 'maybe' now as he'll be suspended for at least one group match. Other maybes include: Abidal, Clichy, Nasri, Capoue, Mavuba"

Is Koscienly one of their starting CBs?

I've never really rated him that highly.

He's very good but he's a little bit of a liability in terms of penalties conceded and red cards. Did both in the first leg I believe but he does it a fair few times for Arsenal (penalties at least).

He's a bit like Colo at times, likes to get pretty tight and doesn't mind scampering/pressing up the pitch to make a challenge. Being so tight sometimes he can get caught out. He has a great partnership with Mertesacker who likes to stand off a bit and keep his position. Mertesacker doesn't want any parts of a foot race and positions himself as such. Koscielny doesn't mind at all.

He's a very good player with a daft streak due to the way he plays.

He has improved no end though in the last season or 2.

Still gives away a fair few penalties.

Half the time he's played the ball TBF.

If it's not 100% clean, you should avoid diving tackles in the box. Koscielny always takes the risk when the risk isn't the biggest imo

Sakho is very inconsistent.... always was at PSG and has been so far at Liverpool.

Has the physical tools but has many a brain fart in him and i don't think he has what he takes to get to the very very top and always felt that.

Mapou is the same really but has a higher potential ceiling, hell i'd argue the same for Varane too extremely talented but since Man Utd last season he's made a mistake in practically every big game for Madrid.

France have a lot of talented defenders but they all have a long way to go.

Hello Mole, which football websites do you read?

Sakho is very inconsistent.... always was at PSG and has been so far at Liverpool.

Has the physical tools but has many a brain fart in him and i don't think he has what he takes to get to the very very top and always felt that.

Mapou is the same really but has a higher potential ceiling, hell i'd argue the same for Varane too extremely talented but since Man Utd last season he's made a mistake in practically every big game for Madrid.

France have a lot of talented defenders but they all have a long way to go.

Hello Mole, which football websites do you read?

:lol: Sakho opinion is based on years of watching him( doesn't mean i watch him every week but seen enough to have a view on him) and going by what Liverpool supporting mates have to say about him an trust their views.

Varane thing is based on CL games i have seen of him and Mapou well is self explanatory.

I'm going to be canny embarrassed now if you were actually being serious but some how i doubt it :lol:

• 5 months later...