Tottenham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

Bale's taken Rooney's crown as the British Premier League player that the media like to put on a pedestal alongside Ronaldo and Messi and talk matter-of-factly about them being "in the same bracket", no matter how ludicrous it is.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-2-1-newcastle-gareth-bale-1679694

The Daily Mirror's pick of World's Best XI

(4-2-3-1) Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Vincent Kompany, Thiago Silva, Ashley Cole; Xavi, Andres Iniesta; Cristiano Ronaldo, Leo Messi, Gareth Bale; Radomel Falcao

Subs: Joe Hart, Giorgio Chiellini, Gerard Pique, Jack Wilshere, Cesc Fabregas, Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie, Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

:icon_puke_r: :icon_puke_r: :icon_puke_r:

The wall should had jumped, simple as. :lol:

I think cabaye should had been sent off on 2nd viewing of that tackle.

Agree - my heart sank when I saw the ref reaching for his pocket because I thought he had a good chance of a red. Very lucky to get away with it.

The wall should had jumped, simple as. :lol:

I think cabaye should had been sent off on 2nd viewing of that tackle.

Agree - my heart sank when I saw the ref reaching for his pocket because I thought he had a good chance of a red. Very lucky to get away with it.

Thank goodness he did get booked otherwise he would probably have received a retrospective ban and we need him on the pitch for the rest of the season.

Cabayes tackle was terrible, but it wasn't malicious so a retrospective ban would've been terrible. I just think by the time it happened the whole team was sloppy in challenges, possession, we just had no more gas to run on. So his challenge was late, but it wasn't malicious. Those types of tackles happens late in the game, and Cabaye and especially Sissoko looked knackered.

Cabayes tackle was terrible, but it wasn't malicious so a retrospective ban would've been terrible. I just think by the time it happened the whole team was sloppy in challenges, possession, we just had no more gas to run on. So his challenge was late, but it wasn't malicious. Those types of tackles happens late in the game, and Cabaye and especially Sissoko looked knackered.

:thup: that's the way I saw it as well.

It seems we need a decent fitness coach. If you look at Spurs, they were constantly running the whole game. their movement was much better. It's like our players are knackered after the first half.

We just don't have that many athletic players, especially compared to the likes of Bale and Lennon.

I've said a few times that athleticism is a highly underrated component when assessing players. Hopefully Sissoko and Gouffran will bring a bit more in that area.

Quite honestly, I wouldn't have him in The World squad, let alone the starting XI.

He destroys Premier League defences almost every week though, on his day he's unplayable. I don't watch enough world football to make a judgement about the World XI I guess.

The Mars RB is really triffic and would probably have Bale in his back pocket iyam.

It seems we need a decent fitness coach. If you look at Spurs, they were constantly running the whole game. their movement was much better. It's like our players are knackered after the first half.

Brilliant - I agree totally and that's why they deserved to win.

We are NOT 90 minute fit...