Newcastle 0 - 0 Metalist Kharkiv - 14/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

It's not a tight call when the 'offside' player is in a different shade of grass ffs.

Forgot that linesmen are capable of stopping time as the pass is made to determine where the players are stood. Sorry.

I am also frustrated, but let´s not dvelve on things like the fact that Metalist were good defensively, or that the team should have shown some more urgency in the second half. f*** the refs!

The refs are quite essential to the result when they're denying goals, each one with chain effects.

Second disallowed goal looked like a correct decision to me, as well as the incident when Cisse played Sissoko through.

So basically, all of you are just whining because the linesman should have compensated us for one wrong decision (which was also pretty tight to call without slow-mo replay)? :lol:

What a load of tosh.

Forgot that linesmen are capable of stopping time as the pass is made to determine where the players are stood. Sorry.

It doesn't take much to run alongside play and look along the line. Some get it wrong, some get it astonishingly wrong, and then theres that idiot tonight.

We can only hope the 0-0 gets us through, we score... we only need a draw.

All depends how much the officials are paid by the Ukrainians for the 2nd leg.

Second goal was offside by about half a foot, good call really.

They were level at best. If doubt, the onus is given to attacking team

Good call it bloody wasn't.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I've never seen a post saying that Cisse isn't trying hard enough. I think 99% of people on here recognise that he just needs a couple of goals to get him going again. Straw man.

He scored with Everton, he scored with Villa.

He's still shit.

Last year Cissè wasn't even close to the real one, I'm starting to think this might be not too far from it.

It's not a tight call when the 'offside' player is in a different shade of grass ffs.

How do they ever make any correct decisions then? :laugh:

It was clearly onside, and that's a fact. It wasn't even close. As someone else said, if they'd conceded then the whole match would have been different so to dismiss it as sour grapes is ridiculous. To have it then happen again (albeit much closer) just rubs salt in the wounds.

Thought Saylor was our MoM, played very well.

Thought Santon wasn't good enough. When they looked most threatening it was down his side, often with him a fair way from the action. Lost the ball too many times and played Cabaye into a whole heap of trouble.

Ultimately it has changed from a good performance to a shite performance in two raises of the flag. We could have been better but we create chances and (until the officials stepped in) scored two goals. A clean sheet was vital and could be the important factor come next Thursday. Do the same next week and we'll do well. Tonight, luck simply didn't go with us.