Newcastle 0 - 0 Metalist Kharkiv - 14/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Chris Waddle's was so annoying, i thought his "Sissoko has been unable to get into the game" halfway through the 2nd half was the highlight.

Sissoko was our best player imo.

lets look at positives.

Sissokho is fucking immense

Mbiwa looks fantastic

Jonas has his workrate back

Cabs looks mint

Cisse just unlucky but had 5 chances and 2 went in and should have stood

rest had a good game

Agree, apart from Jonas who is finished.

At no point during that final move did Shola set foot in the box. Ambling about without a care in the f****in' world.

Meanwhile, Cisse makes up 20 yards on a hunch and almost gets us a priceless winner, yet people slag him...

I've never seen a post saying that Cisse isn't trying hard enough. I think 99% of people on here recognise that he just needs a couple of goals to get him going again. Straw man.

A couple of goals like tonight, you mean.

No, ones which are given. He'll be even more frustrated now. Which of course you understand.

My point is that he's clearly back in form - beat the offside trap three times, finished well twice. On reflection, reckon it'll be a confidence booster for him. You understand.

I think he's played well all season, and I've argued all along that he just needs a bit of confidence. However, the longer strikers go without scoring the more desperate they get.

He'll start scoring when Hatem is back anyway, nothing to worry about.

Don't see why we can't win over there. They look s****, tbh.

This. Massively overhyped team. Hinges on us getting a fair referee though.

That's what we said before today...

Because Pardew dosn´t care enough to send a good team. And we winning away :lol:

Can't fault any of the players, apart from Shola.

They worked their socks off and showed a lot of quality to go alongside the workrate and determination.

Often lacking the final ball though and Cisse should have buried at least a couple of the chances he had.

First 'goal' definately onside but shit happens, second was, arguably, marginally off and they often go either way.

Some of the hysterics about match fixing are pathetic and we are easily capable of going out there and getting at least a draw.

Guest Bert Shaft

lets look at positives.

Sissokho is f***ing immense

Mbiwa looks fantastic

Jonas has his workrate back

Cabs looks mint

Cisse just unlucky but had 5 chances and 2 went in and should have stood

rest had a good game

Agree, apart from Jonas who is finished.

Shurrup you know nowt  :cheesy:

We were easily the best side throughout and let down by the officials. Cissé should still have scored though, really frustrating. Bar a couple of decent players and all round good technique and passing abilities, they didn't impress me. Means fuck all of course, because we couldn't exploit it, besides the two times we did.

Cabaye ran the show again. Sissoko continues to impress me with his enormous presence. MYM had a fine first 90 minutes, but I also thought Colo - Saylor played solid.