Newcastle 0 - 0 Metalist Kharkiv - 14/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

My attitude would be entirely different had it been 2-0. The performance would have been better once we went 1-0 up as well imo. It's been quite a while that I've been able to put it down to the shit decisions of the officials, but here it is.

Thank god for that!  Thought I'd been watching a different game although I went with Ketsbaia and I know he saw it the same way.  Far too easy to go down the "we woz robbed" route.  Every time they did come forward they looked like something might be on the cards.  There were a number of occasions they skipped past Santon far too easily.  Also thought they'd buried that header.

FWIW quote of the game went to the bloke behind regarding the referee.  - "a fuckin wish Andaz Breivik put a bullet in that referees heed anarl, the fuckin Norwegian daft c***!"

Santon had a stinker mind, especially first half.

Just back.

One of the worst reffing performances I've ever seen, and I've seen some pretty bad ones live in the last 5 years.  Two onside goals disallowed, and Sissoko booked for being two-foot tackled.

I jumped up to shout for the ref to book their player and then see he gave the foul to them, honestly unbelievably bad officiating.

Exactly the same.  Was sat right in front of it.

Jonas was poor, I thought, except for a brief spell in the first half. 

But Jonas and Obertan were told to push higher and higher up the pitch, along with Sissoko, which left four in a line with their defence.  Our midfield was completely dominated numerically, meaning we had no choice but to try and go down the wing, where too often Jonas and Obertan were making runs too far ahead, or long ball it again to Cisse who can't do anything with them.

We showed none of their ability to run through the middle because we were outnumbered, and only Marveaux took it on when he came on.

Tactically, it wasn't the right shape for the game at all, and again Pardew didn't seem to fix it.

Not saying 0-0 is bad, since we really won 2-0, but these were there for the taking tonight with some tweaks.  Too often the middle of the park was deserted on our side.

Struggling to think of a game that split opinion as strongly as this. :lol:

If we'd got the 2-0 or even 1-0 win that we were due, I wonder what the difference would have been.

I don't even know what my opinion of the game is because I haven't a clue whether the opposition are any good.

It was a decent performance, we had a strong side out, we deserved to win a game I expected us to win and we drew.

All I know about the opposition is they're Russian, they're not one of the Russian sides who've spent loads of money, they're in the middle of their Winter break.  I've also seen enough UEFA Cup Last-32 games to know the opposition we face are usually pretty average.

So it depends how good the opposition was. :lol: If they're shit then that was bad.  If they're good then that was class.  If they're average then that was average.

This is 100% down to the bad offsides calls if you ask me. I'd have no problems with the team if we were sitting on a 2-0 victory right now. Sure there were things that could have been better but that's the case with any team in any game.

Don't worry though lads, twenty years from now we can look forward to justice being served in the next match fixing probe.

Guest neesy111

Santon was poor 1st half.  Just about every attack they did 1st half was because he was out of position as usual.  He ball watches far too much which is such a bad sign for a player who's supposedly a defender.

If we'd got the 2-0 or even 1-0 win that we were due, I wonder what the difference would have been.

I don't even know what my opinion of the game is because I haven't a clue whether the opposition are any good.

It was a decent performance, we had a strong side out, we deserved to win a game I expected us to win and we drew.

All I know about the opposition is they're Russian, they're not one of the Russian sides who've spent loads of money, they're in the middle of their Winter break.  I've also seen enough UEFA Cup Last-32 games to know the opposition we face are usually pretty average.

So it depends how good the opposition was. :lol: If they're s*** then that was bad.  If they're good then that was class.  If they're average then that was average.

Except they're Ukrainian.

Guest neesy111

So it depends how good the opposition was. :lol: If they're s*** then that was bad.  If they're good then that was class.  If they're average then that was average.

:lol:

As I say, I don't know a lot about the opposition. :lol: We made them look handy tonight, I expected them to be shite to average based on the limited amount I'd read.

Guest neesy111

As I say, I don't know a lot about the opposition. :lol: We made them look handy tonight, I expected them to be shite to average based on the limited amount I'd read.

Ignorant foreigner. ;)

Ignorant foreigner. ;)

I'm English m8.