NOTW - Sheva to the Toon

Crumpy Gunt

I think in order for this to be true, Chelsea would have to move moving strongly towards another striker, and unless I've missed something, they haven't been doing so.  They can't really move in the transfer market anymore without it being major news.

The Shevchenko's want their children to go to an English school, so they'll be hanging around in England for quite a bit. Our style of play will suit Shevchenko more also. Don't think Mourinho ever wanted Shevchenko to be honest, and Abramovich is probably cooling to him.

I reckon we could actually pull this off, and I also reckon that we'd have a good chance of signing him in the summer for £10 million.

NEWCASTLE are considering an audacious bid to land Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko on a five-month loan deal.

Toon boss Glenn Roeder is monitoring the striker's situation after it was revealed the Blues would be willing to let him leave on a temporary basis in January.

Sheva's former club AC Milan are favourites to sign the Ukrainian, 30.

But a Geordies source said: "Newcastle are thinking of making a move for Shevchenko if Chelsea are serious about letting him go on loan.

"It's a deal which would benefit both clubs.

"It would help out the striker situation at Newcastle and allow the player to adjust to life in the Premiership without playing for one of Chelsea's title rivals."

Roeder is desperate to land new strikers next month because of injuries to Michael Owen and Shola Ameobi, while Oba Martins and Albert Luque have struggled.

But Sheva has hit just three league goals since a £30million move from Milan in May.

Shite if you ask me mind!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hey guys think a bit...

if Chelski really send out Sheva, how many strikers will they have? Drogba only? and they will fight for the CL and PL...

i dont think they can buy at least two world class strikers in Jan so it's a stupid rumour i think

Guest Kenton Magpie

We do not need trophy signings anymore at this club, i would be worried if if was in any other paper but the NOTW

I would never pass up on Shevchenko, even if it is just for one game. When given the correct role in the team, not only can he create chances for the rest of the team, but he can pick up and control any ball in the box before finishing it superbly.

His club goal scoring record when applied as a centre-forward over the past 10 years is second to none.

Guest thompers

Believe it or not thompers, some players actually fit the hype. And if we got Sheva, it's worth the small gamble of a loan deal.

I didn't suggest that I wouldn't want him here, did I? I was merely stating that it would be the kind of signing that we always try and pull off. Some unwanted big name from a big club. Kluivert, Emre, Owen, Butt, Duff, and Parker all spring to mind.

Guest thompers

But he's not "unwanted". Milan want him back, and a loan deal would just be so he adapts to the English game so he can go back in the summer better suited to the Premiership. If Chelsea simply didn't want him, they'd sell.

One thing's for sure, if he can't adapt at Chelsea he's got no chance here. We're hardly renowned for helping players realise their potential.

Guest theunis

Think that is utter rubish, no way Chelsea will let us loan him, he is a golden boy there now way he will get shafted to us

Aside from the fact that the odds of this going through are about as likely as Wales winning Euro 2008...

Come on, some people here actually think loaning Sheva would be a BAD idea? He's Shev-facking-chenko damn it!

Bad form is temporary, especially when you're one of the best strikers in the history of the game.

Anyway, even if he flops, we'd basically be losing nothing considering that it'll be a loan deal. Not a bad idea at all, but no way this is happening.

Why on gods green earth would he want to come and play for this mess of a club?

I'm sure he'd rather struggle in London and take his chances of being sold back to Milan cut price in the summer than move his family up here for 6 months, and really blot his copybook.

Milan to Newcastle via London.

I doubt it.

But he's not "unwanted". Milan want him back, and a loan deal would just be so he adapts to the English game so he can go back in the summer better suited to the Premiership. If Chelsea simply didn't want him, they'd sell.

One thing's for sure, if he can't adapt at Chelsea he's got no chance here. We're hardly renowned for helping players realise their potential.

I have to disagree with you there because Shevchenko feeds on service yet chelsea don't even play with wingers, he's having to create the chances himself ( it isn't his style of play) Where as we.. well we smash crosses into the box even when no-one is there, so In my opinion I believe he'd score more for us than at chelsea at this current moment in time because we will provide him with a more chances to score.

I have to disagree with you there because Shevchenko feeds on service yet chelsea don't even play with wingers, he's having to create the chances himself ( it isn't his style of play) Where as we.. we'll we smash crosses into the box even when no-one is there, so In my opinion I believe he'd score more for us than at chelsea at this current moment in time because we will provide him with a more chances to score.

I actually agree with this. Our players seem to see Alan's ghost when they are in wide position.

Aside from the fact that the odds of this going through are about as likely as Wales winning Euro 2008...

Come on, some people here actually think loaning Sheva would be a BAD idea? He's Shev-facking-chenko damn it!

Bad form is temporary, especially when you're one of the best strikers in the history of the game.

Anyway, even if he flops, we'd basically be losing nothing considering that it'll be a loan deal. Not a bad idea at all, but no way this is happening.

He did admit he was very close to signing or us pre Milan, maybe he wants to clean up some unfinished business (hoping)

No chance in getting Sheva here, absolutely no chance.

Haven't you noticed the super strong relationship with Chelsea.. they have done us alot of favours in the past, thing about it.  he's not settled doesnt suit there playing style/mourinho's tactics.. and Fat Freddy always goes for the sometimes audacious swoops Rooney, Ronaldinho, Kluivert.. think about it !

saying there is no chance is sooo off the mark