Newcastle United 4 - 2 Southampton - 24/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

Cabaye has been amazing today IMO, absolutely fantastic performance from him. "Overrated" :yao:

Santon, Gouffran and Sissoko have all played very well too, the latter two adds so much to this team it's ridiculous. Thank fuck we didn't wait til the summer with Sissoko, he's an absolute beast.

Guest ItalianMagpie

That's as good as I've seen under Pardew, and that includes the Stoke game last season. Absolutely dominated.

I'm afraid that's because Soton took the lead immediately and then sit back. It's gonna be a pretty different second half now, mostly because we won't go at them to kill the game off.

I don't see what anyone has got to learn, Dave?

Everyone was rightly p*ssed off with the start, was encouraged by our response and is now delighted by our overall performance - notwithstanding the first 3 minutes.

I could not bare sitting next to you at the match.  Youll be like one of these guy thats almost spits his own anus out after a bad pass or a few bad minutes of defending.

Infact I would have told you to shut your fucking mouth that the match.

Quick summary for someone at a fucking birthday lunch?

Awful start, sat back and conceded.

Played well since.  Gouffran broke down the left, did some step overs, forced a save and Sissoko tapped in for our first.  Cisse thunderbastered a volley from 30+ yards, one bounce from an Elliot hoof.

Southampton did very little to threaten our goal other than in the first 10 minutes.

Quick summary for someone at a f***ing birthday lunch?

Played well since.  Gouffran broke down the left, did some step overs, forced a save and Sissoko tapped in for our first.  Cisse thunderbastered a volley from 30+ yards, one bounce from an Elliot hoof.

Southampton did very little to threaten our goal other than in the first 10 minutes.

Its getting longer now.

Everyone was rightly p*ssed off with the start, was encouraged by our response and is now delighted by our overall performance - notwithstanding the first 3 minutes.

I could not bare sitting next to you at the match.  Youll be like one of these guy thats almost spits his own anus out after a bad pass or a few bad minutes of defending.

Infact I would have told you to shut your fucking mouth that the match.

Yeah, this isn't a match - it's a forum.  hth

Cabaye showing the difference between long balls and long passes today, spreading play brilliantly, his kicks are lazer guided, if they're moving, if he's taking a deadball he's awful.

Perhaps the solution is to get someone to pass the ball from a free kick to Cabaye who will put an amazing ball in with the moving ball.

Guest frazernufc

Tiotes impressing me the most out of everyone, Santon and Deubchy looking good aswell. Not saying the others arent but them 3 are impressing me.

Santon has been just ok for me. Agree on the other two - Debuchy has been a handful down the right.

Hes just impressed me with some of his defending and decision making more than anything

Quick summary for someone at a f***ing birthday lunch?

Its getting longer now.

Thought they continued to press us for a few minutes after the goal and it was only around the 10 minute mark that we started to get a foothold?  Could be wrong there.

Infact I would have told you to shut your f***ing mouth that the match.

Yeah, this isn't a match - it's a forum.  hth

Aye Im fucking well aware of that.

Tiotes impressing me the most out of everyone, Santon and Deubchy looking good aswell. Not saying the others arent but them 3 are impressing me.

Santon has been just ok for me. Agree on the other two - Debuchy has been a handful down the right.

He's been terrific IMO.

Guest bimpy474

Enjoyed that despite the start. Saylor's marking for the goal was terrible, you never defend on the outside of the player.

Other than that it's been great.

Everyone was rightly pissed off with the start, was encouraged by our response and is now delighted by our overall performance - notwithstanding the first 3 minutes.

You (and others) were slagging Pardew and his dog before we'd even got going - sometimes, the opposition do score from their first attack, especially when individual mistakes allow them a free shot in the box. There's no way the manager told them to go out and drop off Southampton (nor fuck up).

The first few pages on this are depressing reading. It's the same, tired old cliches rather than people responding to what is actually happening on the pitch.

gimp is full of hell today

I can understand people picking up points about the team playing but spazzing out after a few minutes.  Seen it at the match so much, so annoying.

Im fucking livid tbh.

Cabaye showing the difference between long balls and long passes today, spreading play brilliantly, his kicks are lazer guided, if they're moving, if he's taking a deadball he's awful.

Perhaps the solution is to get someone to pass the ball from a free kick to Cabaye who will put an amazing ball in with the moving ball.

With the exception of your American spelling of 'laser', that's a wonderful summation of how I feel about Cabaye. He's been brilliant since his return from injury, absolutely imperious (with the exception of set pieces in which he isn't shooting at goal).

I wish he'd hit set pieces with the same venom as though he were shooting :lol:

Everyone was rightly pissed off with the start, was encouraged by our response and is now delighted by our overall performance - notwithstanding the first 3 minutes.

You (and others) were slagging Pardew and his dog before we'd even got going - sometimes, the opposition do score from their first attack, especially when individual mistakes allow them a free shot in the box. There's no way the manager told them to go out and drop off Southampton (nor fuck up).

The first few pages on this are depressing reading. It's the same, tired old cliches rather than people responding to what is actually happening on the pitch.

100% certain that the manager will decide which distance to press and retreat to from the off.  We let them have the ball with no pressure a good 10 yards into our own half.  You do not do that to an inferior team, at home, from the off.