Best corner kick taker?

bulivye

Some guy in the pub where I was watching said we have had 300 hundred corners sine scoring from one.

Is that true?

It's around 16 months, probably 50-odd games in that time so I would say it's fairly certain.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't remember the last time I even applauded a corner for the sake of winning a corner. It was this season, but it was definitely a while ago.

Our corners strategy needs to involve firing the ball straight into a melee of players. Pure chaos and anarchy in the box, sure to be a better plan than hoofing it at the CB backpost.

Our corners strategy needs to involve firing the ball straight into a melee of players. Pure chaos and anarchy in the box, sure to be a better plan than hoofing it at the CB backpost.

We need to just have everyone stand outside the box, and then all just run towards the goal in unison and hope the ball deflects off one of our players into an arm or fluke into the net. This whole "trying" shit ain't cutting it.

Some guy in the pub where I was watching said we have had 300 hundred corners sine scoring from one.

Is that true?

wouldn't surprise me, our only one this season that i can remember is the ba handball one against reading

That didn't come from a corner. We haven't scored a corner goal all season.

Ba's header against Wolves last season was our last corner goal.

Agree with this, tbh I would also rotate corner takers now, can't be any worse. We need to mix them up between lofted balls, firing in and near post.

I would say inverted corners with left footer from the right but we only have Ben Arfa and marveux for that and not had them in team last few games. When he is back I would have Ben Arfa whipping it in from the right and Cabaye from the left

I think our corner strategy is to not get caught out with a counter attack sadly enough. Apart from Taylor and Willi before who we aim for the rest are a team of midgets remember. It would be interesting to find out how many goals we have conceeded from a corner counter, I bet over the years its quadruple what we have managed to get an attempt even on target.

Pardew in November:

“We’ve changed our whole outlook on set-plays just this week and we’ve had to change it once already this season because we’re just not getting enough success.”

“There’s no point in sitting on your hands and going ‘oh well, it’ll come good’ – you have to make changes.”

“The bottom line is we need the first contact to be won and that’s what Stoke do very well.” 

”They win the first contact and it always gives you a chance of scoring straight from that contact or from the second contact.”

“You can only look at something and try to improve on it, and we’re going to have to try and improve on it