Newcastle United vs Stoke City - 10/03/13 @ 3 pm (Not on TV)

Nobody

Guest neesy111

Should remember he's spent quite a bit since they've been in the PL without any change to the style or performances they put out.

Exactly, spending the money they've had on what they have is obscene, they should be pushing for at least 5th place with the money they've spent. Pulis has one idea he does well and it's ludicrous how many pundits seem to think he's done well with what he's got

Should remember he's spent quite a bit since they've been in the PL without any change to the style or performances they put out.

Only Chelsea and City have a higher net spend in last 5 years.

It's always misleading the "net-spend" stat though. Stoke don't really have players that top clubs would cherry pick but they do a job for what a club of their size would expect (safe-ish mid-table, the odd cup run, etc), yet you have freak transfers like Carroll for £35m, Ronaldo for £80m, etc. that distort it.

Only Chelsea and City have a higher net spend in last 5 years.

It's always misleading the "net-spend" stat though. Stoke don't really have players that top clubs would cherry pick but they do a job for what a club of their size would expect (safe-ish mid-table, the odd cup run, etc), yet you have freak transfers like Carroll for £35m, Ronaldo for £80m, etc. that distort it.

60m spent is a lot money spent on rubbish for a club like that what ever way you slice it tbf.

Anyway i'd love to smash these like everyone else but if i was offered a 1-0 win now i'd take it :lol:

They've had the money to buy better players though, they spend way too much on players with no resale value like Peter Crouch who will do an alright job for them but no better.

Look what happened to Wimbledon when they tried going from what saw them well, to trying to play football. Wimbledon started to spend a decent amount from what I remember (relatively speaking), then they went down never to be seen again.

I know what you mean, but if Martinez had had that kinda money at Wigan they'd be way up the table one expects. It's just so unambitious to do anything other than kick people into a midtable finish season after season. They haven't got better for their investment either, just stayed the same, and possibly on their way down.

Will probably be

Elliot

Debuchy Mbiwa Taylor Santon

Tiote Cabaye

Gouf Siss Guti

Cisse

Although Id possibly play Haidara, he's really impressed me

2-1 us

Good full backs are essential against stoke, if you can stifle crosses coming into the box you nullify half their threat, they really don't pose much threat down the middle, nothing that Tiote and Cabaye can't handle.

Elliot

Debuchy Mbwiba Taylor Santon

Tiote Cabaye

HBA/Guti Siss Gouf

Cisse

Goufran up top if Cisse out.  Willi may come in over Mbiwa in order to stifle crouch.