Wigan Athletic 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 17/03/13 - post-match reaction from p61

Dave

Guest icemanblue

Nightmare of an afternoon.  Debuchy going off was huge and conceding so quickly after making the changes but us on the back foot after a pretty bright start.

Haidara's injury is a real sickener,  a shocking challenge compounded by the ref not even awarding a freekick.

Thought we got better in the 2nd half and once Pardew brought Shola on and made the tactical switch of going 3 at the back thought once we equalised it only looked like there'd be one winner, NUFC.

In saying that thought Sissoko had a poor game by the high standards he has shown so far and Tiote had a shocker of a game. 

The ending of the game was a real killer though, the ref misses a corner for us, they go up the pitch get a corner and then miss the handball leading up to the goal.

Halsey was pathetic all game obviously missing the challenge on Haidara and the handball will get the headlines but also i was amazed he didn't send Perch off,  already booked for a kick on Kone, how he then didn't award a 2nd yellow when he slid in on the edge of the area to give a free kick was again shocking refereeing, it was a stone wall yellow.

On the plus side,  despite the defeat we climbed 1 place up the table and that doesn't happen very often.

Aye, I echo these thoughts.

Guest Howaythetoon

We are f***ing s*** officiating regardless. We can blame lousy decisions but when you have a team of good players playing obscenely badly it's the coaching teams fault. These players head balls without think where the ball will go, hoof and pass to the opposition and over play things when glaringly obvious easy passes could be made. They don't even do the basics right and haven't for a long time. it's a f***ing shambles.

Any impetus and inventiveness the new players brought has been coached out to revert to safe tactic norm. We are atrocious and for no other reason than the way we are set up. We should have hammered Wigan today. I have No idea what we do on the training ground but it's obviously a far cry from what every other club does because we continue to make poor teams look dangerous and better teams like Barcelona.

Knee jerk reaction over and out.

Couldn't agree more.

We've been cheated out of a point and a opposition red card but it doesn't change the fact that we were absymal today.

Again, irrelevant.

How the f*** is it irrelevant? Had we got a point I'd have still said we were s***. Because we were.

It's not relevant because even though we were s***, that isn't even the second reason we lost, let alone the first.

It just just seems pointless to mention it when it's a by-product of us not only having loads of players out injured, but being completely f***ed over by the officials. And not just the direct affect that those things have, but the way it effected our play.

Our attacking play is clueless and appalling every week, yet it's not worth criticising our attacking play for being clueless and appalling this week, because the ref was s****? :lol:

No, what I mean is that this match hasn't even given me the opportunity to criticise our shitness. We were s*** without Cabaye, then Debuchy, then Haidara. And with the worst refereeing performance I've seen since Martin Atkinson's.

We were s***, but nowhere near as much as we were robbed and unlucky. Our shitness just doesn't seem worth being talked about after that. They're justifiably excused today.

I'm not buying anything implying the side we had out today wasn't good enough to get a point or 3 off Wigan, sorry.

The last 3 starting 11s to play Wigan away were:

http://i.imgur.com/YifVmSw.jpg

(0-4, 2-2, 2-3).  Hardly worldbeaters on the whole but they all got more than we did.

And I'm also not buying us simply being on the bad side of misfortune and bad refereeing today either, we looked toothless.  Bad luck implies we deserved something out of the performance and we didn't.  I'll grant you that we should have been up against 10 men and might have then made a better fist of it, but it comes to something when you're bemoaning not having a numerical advantage against a team looking nailed on to be relegated instead of just getting on with beating them.

Whether we've played well or not, we should be sitting here tonight with at least 1, maybe 3 points.

Should still be putting in a better display against the team with the worst home record in the entire country.

The handball screwed us out of a point and I said yesterday that a point was a s*** result and it would have been.

Why does it have to be one or the other? I'm raging at the officials but just utterly sick of Pardew.

It shouldn't. We were poor but should be sitting with an extra 1 or 3 points.

That would be great in isolation but we'd still be poor next week and the week after that. He needs to go if we're ever not going to be poor.

That's been the first poor performance since Reading perhaps? He's had a good run of about 10 games where on the whole we've been improving.

We may have been getting better results since then but our overall performance as team has still be poor at times in the games after. Even Chelsea we were very poor at times.

What a depressing freak you are, man.

We're in the QFs of the Europa League, as long as we stay in the Premier League I'm happy to just support the team. If the ref did his job today we would have came away with 3 points. Stop being such a whinging quim pls.

:lol:

Why does everything have to be the manger's fault? Sissoko played like a f***ing mortal doylum today, will he be lambasted? 

Everything went against us today, lets move on.

Aye, let's move on, to the next game where we're more than likely going to be poor, I can't wait.

We're in the QFs of the Europa League, as long as we stay in the Premier League I'm happy to just support the team. If the ref did his job today we would have came away with 3 points. Stop being such a whinging quim pls.

Then your opinion on results/performances is utterly irrelevant.

Halsey clearly had a player blocking his view of the tackle so we can't blame him for not having x-ray vision.

What utter horseshit that is. :lol:

Agreed.  That snapshot (snap being an unfortunate word) was at the time of impact. What the f*** was he watching in the nano-seconds before it i.e. when the t*** was going in with the straight-legged, studs up, knee-high boot?

This. Saved me typing in my raged state.

And yet you still went ahead and typed.

We are f***ing s*** officiating regardless. We can blame lousy decisions but when you have a team of good players playing obscenely badly it's the coaching teams fault. These players head balls without think where the ball will go, hoof and pass to the opposition and over play things when glaringly obvious easy passes could be made. They don't even do the basics right and haven't for a long time. it's a f***ing shambles.

Any impetus and inventiveness the new players brought has been coached out to revert to safe tactic norm. We are atrocious and for no other reason than the way we are set up. We should have hammered Wigan today. I have No idea what we do on the training ground but it's obviously a far cry from what every other club does because we continue to make poor teams look dangerous and better teams like Barcelona.

Knee jerk reaction over and out.

Couldn't agree more.

We've been cheated out of a point and a opposition red card but it doesn't change the fact that we were absymal today.

Again, irrelevant.

How the f*** is it irrelevant? Had we got a point I'd have still said we were s***. Because we were.

It's not relevant because even though we were s***, that isn't even the second reason we lost, let alone the first.

It just just seems pointless to mention it when it's a by-product of us not only having loads of players out injured, but being completely f***ed over by the officials. And not just the direct affect that those things have, but the way it effected our play.

Our attacking play is clueless and appalling every week, yet it's not worth criticising our attacking play for being clueless and appalling this week, because the ref was s****? :lol:

No, what I mean is that this match hasn't even given me the opportunity to criticise our shitness. We were s*** without Cabaye, then Debuchy, then Haidara. And with the worst refereeing performance I've seen since Martin Atkinson's.

We were s***, but nowhere near as much as we were robbed and unlucky. Our shitness just doesn't seem worth being talked about after that. They're justifiably excused today.

I'm not buying anything implying the side we had out today wasn't good enough to get a point or 3 off Wigan, sorry.

The last 3 starting 11s to play Wigan away were:

http://i.imgur.com/YifVmSw.jpg

(0-4, 2-2, 2-3).  Hardly worldbeaters on the whole but they all got more than we did.

And I'm also not buying us simply being on the bad side of misfortune and bad refereeing today either, we looked toothless.  Bad luck implies we deserved something out of the performance and we didn't.  I'll grant you that we should have been up against 10 men and might have then made a better fist of it, but it comes to something when you're bemoaning not having a numerical advantage against a team looking nailed on to be relegated instead of just getting on with beating them.

Whether we've played well or not, we should be sitting here tonight with at least 1, maybe 3 points.

Should still be putting in a better display against the team with the worst home record in the entire country.

The handball screwed us out of a point and I said yesterday that a point was a s*** result and it would have been.

Why does it have to be one or the other? I'm raging at the officials but just utterly sick of Pardew.

It shouldn't. We were poor but should be sitting with an extra 1 or 3 points.

That would be great in isolation but we'd still be poor next week and the week after that. He needs to go if we're ever not going to be poor.

That's been the first poor performance since Reading perhaps? He's had a good run of about 10 games where on the whole we've been improving.

We may have been getting better results since then but our overall performance as team has still be poor at times in the games after. Even Chelsea we were very poor at times.

Not enough face palms in the world for that. Unless you want Barcelona-like performances.

So annoying today - the Haidara incident really ruined the game for me, horrible when something like that happens, and for it to go unpunished was completely unbelievable.

Thought Wigan offered very little and with even a fair percentage of decisions we would've won the match.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I don't agree, our luck will change and somethimes it's outside of our control, our shitness isn't outside of our control and probably won't change.

This.

As far as I'm concerned we've never been safe, we stuggled constantly against whatever opponent, and we've being doing it the whole season: there's literally no game that we can be sure to win.

With the new signings we just picked up few more points along the way, but we struggle as much as we did before January no matter who we take on and individual performances are getting us what we're getting.

As a team, we're still s*** and that's not going to change with that man at the helm.

Unless we're now extremely underperforming I don't think next season's gonna be that different, but I'm sure we will do practically nothing counting on an less problematic season injuries wise.

Guest Dontooner

Then your opinion on results/performances is utterly irrelevant.

Look at his unsername, it says everything.  :lol:

Writes utter Nonsense most of the time.

Guest Howaythetoon

We were brilliant against Chelsea.

Brilliant for us aye, but in general there war large parts of that game where we were poor and typical NUFC under Pardew type stuff.

From the BBC

Despite their victory, the Latics have the joint-worst home record in England's top five divisions with three wins and 13 points from 15 games

That's after the result today, not before.

From the BBC

Despite their victory, the Latics have the joint-worst home record in England's top five divisions with three wins and 13 points from 15 games

That's after the result today, not before.

THey only won the match against us due to the ref and the linesman not spotting a hand ball.

THey only won the match against us due to the ref and the linesman not spotting a hand ball.

That happens though, we've won games when scoring with a hand.  If the hand ball had been spotted we'd have drawn against the team who would have had the outright worst home record in the top 5 divisions.

Guest Slippery Sam

Why does everything have to be the manger's fault? Sissoko played like a f***ing mortal doylum today, will he be lambasted? 

Everything went against us today, lets move on.

Aye, let's move on, to the next game where we're more than likely going to be poor, I can't wait.

So you would desert the team if they got relegated???