Benfica 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 04/04/13 - post-match reaction from page 62

Dave

Guest Playmaker10

Do you want what guys ??

The police did well, as many of your fans were completely drunk and made many disturbs.

Sometimes you talk like England had never been known by hooliganism...

And for the guys that think can easily score 2 goals against Benfica, i just ask a question...

Do you think we will play full attack and give stupid space as we gave in 1st game ??

And one more fact: Benfica scores in every europeen away matches since October 2011...  :whistle:

I can't wait for second leg 52,000 sell out St James park atmosphere going to be electric come on I know we can go through TOON TOON.

Guest eagleye

I can't wait for second leg 52,000 sell out St James park atmosphere going to be electric come on I know we can go through TOON TOON.

Of course you can go through, still it will be very hard, the 1st leg´s Benfica was not the real BENFICA. btw in your position i would be worried with PL instead of LE.

Guest fraser

Disgusting and it seems to go against how the fans were treating each other.

Lisboans (?) were really friendly in general tbh. I had a lot of (too much) beer on the Wednesday night but got back to our apartment through the centre of Lisbon unscathed, though I can't remember how.

I didn't see anything untoward between the fans inside or outside the ground; both sets were mingling at the beer and burger bars just outside before and after the match. Thought there was a terrific atmosphere until the Police kept us in for far too long with little communication. At one stage they weren't even allowing fans to use the toilets on the concourse; all a bit bizarre.

Enjoyed it in spite of the result.

Guest The Legendary Tiger Man

I swear these Benficans are getting cockier by the day :lol:

Wouldn't be surprised if Benfica and Liverpool are sister clubs. :lol:

:knuppel2:

It's a compliment, mate. Liverpool with those famous European nites and major European trophies that Dutch clubs like Ajax can only dream of. :)

Guest The Legendary Tiger Man

It's a compliment, mate. Liverpool with those famous European nites and major European trophies that Dutch clubs like Ajax can only dream of. :)

According to Graeme Souness, we're bigger than Liverpool  :naughty:

According to Graeme Souness, we're bigger than Liverpool  :naughty:

Aye, lovely guy ain't he? :lol:

Do you want what guys ??

The police did well, as many of your fans were completely drunk and made many disturbs.

:lol:

You are pathetic man and extremely naive. I don't get why you come in here to spout shit like. At least you could try and have some sensible views on things like your fellow supporters who most have been good sports in here.

FWIW though, portuguese in general aren't the brightest around (mind my grandfather was portuguese) but I've never experienced a country where airport security and police are so rude. Every single time in Lisbon I have to talk down to airport securities as they act like they're some sort of gods. Pathetic mentality. Portuguese people with a bit of authority lives like it's the time of Salazar still or their 300 years ago empire. They seem to forget that they have regressed like no other empire.

Anyways, we'll beat them, just not confident it will be 2-0 or 3-1...

Do you want what guys ??

You are pathetic man and extremely naive. I don't get why you come in here to spout s*** like. At least you could try and have some sensible views on things like your fellow supporters who most have been good sports in here.

FWIW though, portuguese in general aren't the brightest around (mind my grandfather was portuguese) but I've never experienced a country where airport security and police are so rude. Every single time in Lisbon I have to talk down to airport securities as they act like they're some sort of gods. Pathetic mentality. Portuguese people with a bit of authority lives like it's the time of Salazar still or their 300 years ago empire. They seem to forget that they have regressed like no other empire.

Even more pathetic.

Guest Eusebio10

The last couple of pages, from a couple of users (both Benfica and Newcastle fans)...  :idiot2:

alcohol, hooliganism, salazar, empires... one basically describes an entire nation as drunken hooligans, and the other preferes to say the other country is inhabited by rude retards who lost an empire... thumbs up for generalisation and xenophobia! *facepalm*

And for that Benfica fan in particular "defending" the police, please stop now...you don't know what you're talking about. What's your excuse when they sometimes act like c***s with Benfica supporters? I've been there...

The last couple of pages, from a couple of users (both Benfica and Newcastle fans)...  :idiot2:

alcohol, hooliganism, salazar, empires... one basically describes an entire nation as drunken hooligans, and the other preferes to say the other country is inhabited by rude retards who lost an empire... thumbs up for generalisation and xenophobia! *facepalm*

And for that Benfica fan in particular "defending" the police, please stop now...you don't know what you're talking about. What's your excuse when they sometimes act like c***s with Benfica supporters? I've been there...

:thup:

Guest rdr10

:thup:

Totally right. These last pages are just .. ridiculous.

I prefer to talk about the beers I drink with my Newcastle friends :)

That song " Don't sell cabaye " made my day  :lol:

I think you were referring to my post. Might not have come across as I expected :lol: The whole point was generalisation :lol: Sorry about that if you felt offended ;)

Do you want what guys ??

You are pathetic man and extremely naive. I don't get why you come in here to spout s*** like. At least you could try and have some sensible views on things like your fellow supporters who most have been good sports in here.

Even more pathetic.

I'm well aware of that. My point was to generalize ffs. ;)

:lol: Damn, we went from "Welcome" to "Stop diving" to "f*** that Empire you had" in like a month.

It's the NBA thread except everyone takes it so personally in the football forum. It's like going from playing the ECF to being the worst team in the league in like two years. :coolsmiley:

I need to learn so I guess I'm out.  :eek:

Guest benfiquista

Those bitterness levels can't be healthy.

If you danced more samba you'd be a happier person.