Newcastle United vs. Benfica - 11/04/13 @ 8.05pm (ITV4)

Mike

Does Aimar not get a game for them anymore?

A nice year long loan here next year please

He's out of shape. Had an injury this year, only plays for 15/20 min here and then now. We bought Filip Djuricic already thinking about his replacement.

Portuguese teams love the Dutch/Belgian leagues these days. Would be interested to see how Filip Djuricic gets on for you, rated very highly.

They go where there's talent and cheap prices. Vultures.

Makes your stomach turn doesn't it?

Portuguese teams love the Dutch/Belgian leagues these days. Would be interested to see how Filip Djuricic gets on for you, rated very highly.

They go where there's talent and cheap prices. Vultures.

Makes your stomach turn doesn't it?

Aye!

Guest The Legendary Tiger Man

I never really heard about him before the news of his transfer to Benfica, but I saw a couple of videos and matches, he seems to be a talented player. I think he can do well in Portugal, I like the balkanian players, provinding that you handle them with a firm leash  ;D

Guest eagleye

Many Benfica fans kicking about in town? Not sure how many they are fetching over.

Said in yesterdays chronicle they were bringing 1,500.

2000 at least will be screaming at St. James Park.

Whatever Happened To My Rock n Roll by BRMC has just come on the radio at work. I am now totally and utterly pumped for this match. HOWAY.

Look at me, look at me, I have a radio at work.

Pathetic

I know you're fairly new so might not get this reference, so here's a safety smiley - :aww:

Brazilian and Argentina´s markets are dead, the Serbian one is the s***

(we can't afford players from Brazil any more now they have money & their league is probably more attractive to play in than ours too) :whistle:

Guest eagleye

(we can't afford players from Brazil any more now they have money & their league is probably more attractive to play in than ours too) :whistle:

Still, we are competitive enough to put PL teams out of European Tournaments!  :aww:

Still, we are competitive enough to put PL teams out of European Tournaments!  :aww:

We've put more Portuguese teams out of European tournaments than you've put English teams out this season

Guest icemanblue

Blackkid.gif

Definitely. Plenty of our players in the last couple of years have some kind of connection to those regions. Witsel (bought for 8M€, sold for 40M€ one year later), Ola John, Matic (played one season for Vitesse), Djuricic and possibly Sulejmani (don't know if he already signed or not). Allegedly currently watching Leroy Fer, Jordy Clasie and Van Ginkel as well.

Argentinian and brazilians are currently not so attractive markets. Full of talent, yet way more ri$ky. In South America we are turning to Paraguay and Uruguay. Many of their best young players are already signed (Derlis Gonzalez, Jorge Rojas, Jim Varela...).

Regarding Djuricic, he sure seems a big talent. He'll probably be our next number 10, after Rui Costa and Pablo Aimar. Symbolic.

Many Benfica fans kicking about in town? Not sure how many they are fetching over.

Saw a group of about 10 heading in to Nando's (:lol:) on my lunch break.

I saw a woman in a Benfica shirt with a pushchair in a Chinese restaurant on Northumberland Road at 10am

Had a stroll through Killy shops and a haircut to kill some time. What a desperate way to spend your day.

Setting off for the bus into town in about 10 minutes. Starting to feel nervous. :frantic: