Alan Pardew

Mike

He needs to go in summer if we can get a more continental manager or a manager that will have us attacking as a team. Impressed when I see Wigan/Southampton etc getting players forward as much as they can. I would still like us to be a bit considered in our approach as obviously those 2 teams are not where we want to be.

Speaks volumes. 95% want him gone, 50% think he'll go. The pessimism is draining, (not that I'm not).

I'm in the want him gone / think he'll still be here camp.  He's survived the debacle of November - January and that speaks volumes to me.  Personally I think that the trigger should have been pulled at 3pm on the day of the Brighton match. 

If we do manage to stagger through and avoid relegation he's going to get pulled in to explain the situation with the team and will use the injuries / experience / tiredness / bad luck with decisions cards to blag his way through.

The main reason i think he will go is because he's clearly lost the dressing room and you don't come back from that and there's too much talk surrounding Pardew and the players coming out of the club for everything to be all rosy as far as backing from board level goes.

Reading in between the lines of quotes from local journo's as well it sounds like to me Llambias still backs Pardew but Ashley is losing faith.

I wouldn't be that surprised if he stays but i don't think he will.

Eh ??  Have I missed something ?

I can think of several reasons why Pardew's position may be in jeopardy, but it may well be support from the dressing room, not lack of it, that keeps him in his job.

He has clearly lost the dressing room. See Liverpool game, and recent reports of unrest.

My mate's just been in a taxi for 45 minutes with a driver fully behind Pardew citing stability. I'd have had to get out and walk.

There's absolutely loads of them. They are crawling on facebook.

Guest icemanblue

'Them', man. :lol:

Even if I don't agree with their view, they're entitled to their own opinion. This doesn't automatically make them second rate supporters, or even lesser people. Honestly, the elitism and arrogance on here is cringeworthy at times.

Guest neesy111

What is stability?  I don't call finishing 5th then briefly being in the relegation zone with 2 games left as anything but.

'Them', man. :lol:

Even if I don't agree with their view, they're entitled to their own opinion. This doesn't automatically make them second rate supporters, or even lesser people. Honestly, the elitism and arrogance on here is cringeworthy at times.

Yes it does, haven't you learned anything? :huff:

Guest neesy111

It's the only argument/opinion those defending him have is stability which imo he hasn't brought, it's Ashley who has brought that with his hiring of Graham Carr so we have a structured transfer policy no matter who is in charge.  He's paid to manage his team and he's do a fucking appalling job at it.

They're entitled to their opinion as much as I'm entitled to think that they're unbelievably stupid.

Ironic comments Inochi given the amount of arrogance shown by you this season when being critical of those who could see the manager's true colours. You still persist with it too, in the face of overwhelming evidence.

They're entitled to their opinion as much as I'm entitled to think that they're unbelievably stupid.

Ironic comments Inochi given the amount of arrogance shown by you this season when being critical of those who could see the manager's true colours. You still persist with it too, in the face of overwhelming evidence.

:thup:

:thup:

It's the only argument/opinion those defending him have is stability which imo he hasn't brought, it's Ashley who has brought that with his hiring of Graham Carr so we have a structured transfer policy no matter who is in charge.  He's paid to manage his team and he's do a fucking appalling job at it.

Nobody would ever argue that Pardew has brought stability, that's not the point. No individual manager can bring stability. The stability argument is based on not changing the manager all the time.

Obviously he has performed appallingly this season, but people who argue for stability would see that as something that he should be given a chance to put right.

If you were sure he wasn't capable of improvement then you wouldn't argue for stability, of course.

The main reason i think he will go is because he's clearly lost the dressing room and you don't come back from that and there's too much talk surrounding Pardew and the players coming out of the club for everything to be all rosy as far as backing from board level goes.

Reading in between the lines of quotes from local journo's as well it sounds like to me Llambias still backs Pardew but Ashley is losing faith.

I can think of several reasons why Pardew's position may be in jeopardy, but it may well be support from the dressing room, not lack of it, that keeps him in his job.

He has clearly lost the dressing room. See Liverpool game, and recent reports of unrest.

Utter nonsense. Even if he had "lost lost the dressing room", there's nothing "clear" about it.

Liverpool was a diabolical, humiliating performance but had Ferguson, Lambert, di Fascisto, etc etc "lost the dressing room" prior to similar results ?

Recent reports ?  Aye let's believe the scurrilous Luke Edwards rather than anyone who is actually in the dressing room such as the club captain who's just said "The manager and the players are together. People can criticise when they want, but we always give our best on the pitch and on the training ground.”

There's plenty of scope to get at Pardew without having to make shit up to validate the criticism of him.

PS "lost the dressing room" is such a stupid expression, I can only assume it was someone like Lawrenson who first used it.

You lose your fuckin keys not a building with showers and coat hangers.

Guest icemanblue

It's not ironic, considering I'm only 'arrogant' because I disagreed. How you think I'm still persisting with it, I'll never know. But, I really don't care and I'm not getting into another personal bitch slapping contest.

You're more than welcome to label them as stupid, I've done the same to you (and others) numerous times. What I don't agree with is this emerging belief that match going supporters, home and away, are less knowledgeable because they're not falling in line with this forum's opinion on the manager. This has gone as far as people recently saying they're making a negative, or even destructive, contribution to the club, man.

Utter nonsense. Even if he had "lost lost the dressing room", there's nothing "clear" about it.

Liverpool was a diabolical, humiliating performance but had Ferguson, Lambert, di Fascisto, etc etc "lost the dressing room" prior to similar results ?

Recent reports ?  Aye let's believe the scurrilous Luke Edwards rather than anyone who is actually in the dressing room such as the club captain who's just said "The manager and the players are together. People can criticise when they want, but we always give our best on the pitch and on the training ground.”

There's plenty of scope to get at Pardew without having to make s*** up to validate the criticism of him.

PS "lost the dressing room" is such a stupid expression, I can only assume it was someone like Lawrenson who first used it.

So if he's not "lost the players" and they are trying their hardest in training and on the pitch then surely that intimates that there are fundamental problems with the coaching and tactics, which essentially also lies at the feet of the manager. It's clear from previous games and the reasoning behind buying these players, that they are a lot more skilled than recent performances have given evidence to.

Guest icemanblue

Could have sworn Inochi you said you came on forums to "laugh at thick people" if that's not elitist then what is. Seriously.

Overcompensating foreigners, too. Seriously.

There's plenty of scope to get at Pardew without having to make s*** up to validate the criticism of him.

So if he's not "lost the players" and they are trying their hardest in training and on the pitch then surely that intimates that there are fundamental problems with the coaching and tactics, which essentially also lies at the feet of the manager. It's clear from previous games and the reasoning behind buying these players, that they are a lot more skilled than recent performances have given evidence to.

Everyone knows he's done loads of things wrong, the discussion was about whether he's lost the dressing room or not.

I believe Edwards in that he was told something by someone. No smoke without fire. To be fair, I'd be disappointed if, somewhere along the line, none of the players questioned what's going on/went a bit negative (towards the manager).

Of course players will say there is no problem. We are in the middle of a relegation battle.

It's not ironic, considering I'm only 'arrogant' because I disagreed. How you think I'm still persisting with it, I'll never know. But, I really don't care and I'm not getting into another personal bitch slapping contest.

You're more than welcome to label them as stupid, I've done the same to you (and others) numerous times. What I don't agree with is this emerging belief that match going supporters, home and away, are less knowledgeable because they're not falling in line with this forum's opinion on the manager. This has gone as far as people recently saying they're making a negative, or even destructive, contribution to the club, man.

We are going round in circles here, the unrest came to a crescendo on here first, this forum has taken a majority stand firmly in the Pardew out camp, whereas there are still people (mostly lead by mainstream media) who believe he should be given time. You, and others, are entitled to your opinion, however, that does not stop others feeling frustrated that in the light of such overwhelming evidence he is still being supported!

FYI, having scoured a lot of online fanzines in the past week or two I can confidently say that this forum is definitely not in the minority anymore and the unrest is building up pace. If you believe Pardew is the man to take us forward, all power to you, I think you're wrong and you won't convince me otherwise, he's had his chances and royally fucked it up.

In your frothy haste to reply you seem to have missed my point which is that he has not "CLEARLY lost the dressing room". Apparently the opposite in fact, if people inside said dressing room are to be believed.

For the sake of balance however, I broadly agree with the two highlighted points you've made.

Guest icemanblue

We are going round in circles here, the unrest came to a crescendo on here first, this forum has taken a majority stand firmly in the Pardew out camp, whereas there are still people (mostly lead by mainstream media) who believe he should be given time. You, and others, are entitled to your opinion, however, that does not stop others feeling frustrated that in the light of such overwhelming evidence he is still being supported!

FYI, having scoured a lot of online fanzines in the past week or two I can confidently say that this forum is definitely not in the minority anymore and the unrest is building up pace. If you believe Pardew is the man to take us forward, all power to you, I think you're wrong and you won't convince me otherwise, he's had his chances and royally fucked it up.

That's the second post where you're joining an argument that doesn't exist, mate.

I'm not disputing the belief that the manager should go. I'm annoyed with the attitude towards fellow loyal supporters, simply because some of them have a different opinion. Something I know all too well about.