Alan Pardew

Mike

Club will stick with him, probably because they will feel the slump started because we didn't add to the squad in the summer which they accepted a while ago it was a mistake on their behalf.

:(

They're entitled to their opinion as much as I'm entitled to think that they're unbelievably stupid.

Ironic comments Inochi given the amount of arrogance shown by you this season when being critical of those who could see the manager's true colours. You still persist with it too, in the face of overwhelming evidence.

It's not ironic, considering I'm only 'arrogant' because I disagreed. How you think I'm still persisting with it, I'll never know. But, I really don't care and I'm not getting into another personal bitch slapping contest.

You're more than welcome to label them as stupid, I've done the same to you (and others) numerous times. What I don't agree with is this emerging belief that match going supporters, home and away, are less knowledgeable because they're not falling in line with this forum's opinion on the manager. This has gone as far as people recently saying they're making a negative, or even destructive, contribution to the club, man.

We are going round in circles here, the unrest came to a crescendo on here first, this forum has taken a majority stand firmly in the Pardew out camp, whereas there are still people (mostly lead by mainstream media) who believe he should be given time. You, and others, are entitled to your opinion, however, that does not stop others feeling frustrated that in the light of such overwhelming evidence he is still being supported!

FYI, having scoured a lot of online fanzines in the past week or two I can confidently say that this forum is definitely not in the minority anymore and the unrest is building up pace. If you believe Pardew is the man to take us forward, all power to you, I think you're wrong and you won't convince me otherwise, he's had his chances and royally f***ed it up.

That's the second post where you're joining an argument that doesn't exist, mate.

I'm not disputing the belief that the manager should go. I'm annoyed with the attitude towards fellow loyal supporters, simply because some of them have a different opinion. Something I know all too well about.

Who said I was arguing mate?

I agree people shouldn't be barraged for their view but I can also understand the frustrations involved given the circumstances.

The main reason i think he will go is because he's clearly lost the dressing room and you don't come back from that and there's too much talk surrounding Pardew and the players coming out of the club for everything to be all rosy as far as backing from board level goes.

Reading in between the lines of quotes from local journo's as well it sounds like to me Llambias still backs Pardew but Ashley is losing faith.

I wouldn't be that surprised if he stays but i don't think he will.

Eh ??  Have I missed something ?

I can think of several reasons why Pardew's position may be in jeopardy, but it may well be support from the dressing room, not lack of it, that keeps him in his job.

He has clearly lost the dressing room. See Liverpool game, and recent reports of unrest.

Utter nonsense. Even if he had "lost lost the dressing room", there's nothing "clear" about it.

Liverpool was a diabolical, humiliating performance but had Ferguson, Lambert, di Fascisto, etc etc "lost the dressing room" prior to similar results ?

Recent reports ?  Aye let's believe the scurrilous Luke Edwards rather than anyone who is actually in the dressing room such as the club captain who's just said "The manager and the players are together. People can criticise when they want, but we always give our best on the pitch and on the training ground.”

There's plenty of scope to get at Pardew without having to make s*** up to validate the criticism of him.

PS "lost the dressing room" is such a stupid expression, I can only assume it was someone like Lawrenson who first used it.

You lose your fuckin keys not a building with showers and coat hangers.

I believe Edwards in that he was told something by someone. No smoke without fire. To be fair, I'd be disappointed if, somewhere along the line, none of the players questioned what's going on/went a bit negative (towards the manager).

Of course players will say there is no problem. We are in the middle of a relegation battle.

To be fair mate you will find that at almost every club to some degree, even those who are performing well.  It is however a very diluted version of what you said earlier about him having "clearly" lost the dressing room.

The main reason i think he will go is because he's clearly lost the dressing room and you don't come back from that and there's too much talk surrounding Pardew and the players coming out of the club for everything to be all rosy as far as backing from board level goes.

Reading in between the lines of quotes from local journo's as well it sounds like to me Llambias still backs Pardew but Ashley is losing faith.

I wouldn't be that surprised if he stays but i don't think he will.

Eh ??  Have I missed something ?

I can think of several reasons why Pardew's position may be in jeopardy, but it may well be support from the dressing room, not lack of it, that keeps him in his job.

He has clearly lost the dressing room. See Liverpool game, and recent reports of unrest.

Utter nonsense. Even if he had "lost lost the dressing room", there's nothing "clear" about it.

Liverpool was a diabolical, humiliating performance but had Ferguson, Lambert, di Fascisto, etc etc "lost the dressing room" prior to similar results ?

Recent reports ?  Aye let's believe the scurrilous Luke Edwards rather than anyone who is actually in the dressing room such as the club captain who's just said "The manager and the players are together. People can criticise when they want, but we always give our best on the pitch and on the training ground.”

There's plenty of scope to get at Pardew without having to make s*** up to validate the criticism of him.

PS "lost the dressing room" is such a stupid expression, I can only assume it was someone like Lawrenson who first used it.

You lose your fuckin keys not a building with showers and coat hangers.

So if he's not "lost the players" and they are trying their hardest in training and on the pitch then surely that intimates that there are fundamental problems with the coaching and tactics, which essentially also lies at the feet of the manager. It's clear from previous games and the reasoning behind buying these players, that they are a lot more skilled than recent performances have given evidence to.

If he's lost the dressing room and the players aren't doing what he's asking of them, then either he or a large portion of the first team need to be replaced.

If he hasn't lost the dressing and the team are doing what has been asked, then he needs to be replaced because the results and performances this season have been appalling, or we need to replace a large portion of the first team to get in some players who can do what's being asked of them better.

If there's a problem with language and a number of the players can't fully understand his instructions then we need to either replace him with someone who can communicate with all (or most of) the players, or replace the players with communication problems.

In every event we either need to replace Pardew or a large portion of the first team, replacing Pardew is the cheaper, quicker and most efficient option.

In every event we either need to replace Pardew or a large portion of the first team, replacing Pardew is the cheaper, quicker and most efficient option.

Only if you believe he's beyond hope and doesn't deserve a chance to turn it around. That's the thing that creates doubt about whether he will be sacked.

Only if you believe he's beyond hope and doesn't deserve a chance to turn it around.

Of course he doesn't. It would be different if he set the team up to win but the players just weren't good enough and not getting results.

Guest neesy111

Only if you believe he's beyond hope and doesn't deserve a chance to turn it around. That's the thing that creates doubt about whether he will be sacked.

The bloke plays worse football than Allardyce, enough reason to sack him just for that.

Guest neesy111

1 win in 9.  That in the same season where we won 2 games in 16 between November and January shows what a car crash of season it's been. The manager is ultimately to blame as he despite the club spending 22M on new players in January, the football, the tactics etc never changed despite better players coming in.

Pardew has been given a chance to improve and show that he deserves more time.  He should have probably been sacked by the New Year but instead the club backed him by buying 5 players in the transfer window, but performances have gone even further backwards since then.

When you look at some of the key failings of the team on the pitch over the past couple of years then you start to realise how dire he is:

- no goals from a set piece for over 2 years.

Set pieces are an orchestrated play - something that is worked on routinely in training. Movement, positions and strategy are usually dictated by the manager and the coaches so if the set piece plays don't work, the manager and coaching staff are to blame

- One win away from home all season - tactics and negative lineups have played a large part in this but it's also down to mentality and motivation, instilling in the players a belief that they can win regardless of not being on home soil. We don't have that mentality or belief and have never looked like having it this season

- No win after going behind in a match since before Pardew took over as Manager (might need to check accuracy but pretty sure this is the case)

This is the big one for me.  This reflects lack of motivation, lack of a winning mentality and poor, ineffective substitutions. Pardew is absolutely incapable of changing a game which, at the top level, is absolutely criminal

- second worst defensive record in the league

Considering we supposedly spend 5 days a week working on defensive shape and duties, this alone should be enough to get him the sack. We've conceded 9 more goals than QPR FFS!

- 10 wins all season despite no players leaving in the summer and 5 top quality recruits joining in January.

:kasper:

And I'm sure there are more.  None of this stuff is down to bad luck, injuries, poor officials etc. All of it is due to consistent bad management from Pardew and his back room staff.

Guest icemanblue

Your 'big one' isn't true, mate. I'd also argue that a few of our results this season are down to exactly bad luck, injuries and poor officals.

PLEASE NOTE: I do not want to have sex with Alan Pardew. I think he is a bad, bad man.

Cabaye also scored from a FK against Stoke.

Your point would be right if you are talking about goals from corners though. Last one we did was Ba's vs Wolves last season (not 2 years).

Guest icemanblue

Cabaye also scored from a FK against Stoke.

Think he meant corners. We've scored a few free kicks.

When you look at some of the key failings of the team on the pitch over the past couple of years then you start to realise how dire he is:

- no goals from a set piece for over 2 years.

Set pieces are an orchestrated play - something that is worked on routinely in training. Movement, positions and strategy are usually dictated by the manager and the coaches so if the set piece plays don't work, the manager and coaching staff are to blame

- One win away from home all season - tactics and negative lineups have played a large part in this but it's also down to mentality and motivation, instilling in the players a belief that they can win regardless of not being on home soil. We don't have that mentality or belief and have never looked like having it this season

- No win after going behind in a match since before Pardew took over as Manager (might need to check accuracy but pretty sure this is the case)

This is the big one for me.  This reflects lack of motivation, lack of a winning mentality and poor, ineffective substitutions. Pardew is absolutely incapable of changing a game which, at the top level, is absolutely criminal

- second worst defensive record in the league

Considering we supposedly spend 5 days a week working on defensive shape and duties, this alone should be enough to get him the sack. We've conceded 9 more goals than QPR FFS!

- 10 wins all season despite no players leaving in the summer and 5 top quality recruits joining in January.

:kasper:

And I'm sure there are more.  None of this stuff is down to bad luck, injuries, poor officials etc. All of it is due to consistent bad management from Pardew and his back room staff.

The blaming of Pardew for everything thats ever gone wrong regardless of whether true or not just gets funnier and funnier.

Not going into too much detail but :-

Point 1. Wrong. We've scored a few from set pieces over the last two years, we just seem to be having a bit of bother with scoring from corners.

Point 3. Wrong. We've done it a couple of times this season, possibly in consecutive games without checking.

In your summing up you'd have sounded more credible if you'd said SOME of it was down to bad luck, injuries, poor refereeing etc., but MOST of it is down to bad management.

But hey, lets not let facts get in the way of a good rant :-)