Alan Pardew

Mike

Carr was here before Pardew was appointed...

Was he? he wasn't a massive piece of the puzzle that he is now though so i would think Ashley would ask for his advice.

Carr imho has shit loads of knowledge of the game but would you ask him advice on a new manager

Carr was here before Pardew was appointed...

Was he? he wasn't a massive piece of the puzzle that he is now though so i would think Ashley would ask for his advice.

Carr imho has s*** loads of knowledge of the game but would you ask him advice on a new manager

Yes when everyone else at the club doesn't have a clue. Outside of the manager Carr is the only one at the football club who has a f*cking clue about the game.

Guest Haris Vuckic

It's the criteria that makes it difficult.

Yes man...

Small wages..

low budget

talented players but no squad

It's the criteria that makes it difficult.

Yes man...

Small wages..

low budget

talented players but no squad

makes you wanna weep really and a little of me has died this season with this shit  :embarrassed:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/10/newcastle-united-alan-pardew

Alan Pardew has acknowledged that his future at Newcastle United is not assured and expects an "uncomfortable" conversation with Mike Ashley at the end of the season when they will discuss what Pardew terms the club's "collective" underachievement.

"My job is to manage this football club with dignity, with an honesty, which I've done, not just with the players but with the press and more importantly with our fans," said Newcastle's manager whose side need to win at QPR on Sunday to assuage relegation fears.

"Hopefully it'll be good enough to keep my job next year, it's a privilege and honour to be in this position. But that ultimate decision is not mine so we could get the points we need and Mike could decide he needs to move to another manager. I like to think that he won't, that next year we'll stay with myself but we need to make some changes and we'll talk about that at the end of the season. We know we've got to have an uncomfortable conversation regarding the form this year, the under-achievement."

While Pardew remains "confident enough" that he will survive, Ashley is understood to be sympathetic towards a man who led the team to fifth place last season before becoming the manager of the year and signing an eight-year contract. Even so, after an injury ravaged campaign exposed a lack of strength in depth in the squad, Pardew knows he needs to persuade the owner to correct imbalances provoked by a lack of investment last summer.

"When we sit down it will be uncomfortable for us both," said Pardew who evidently feels he did not receive adequate transfer-market support this time last year. "I've under-achieved as a manager but we've under-achieved as a club so we all take responsibility. We need to find out what the reasons were and then it's for Mike, hopefully with me, to decide how to go forward. We've got to be honest. It's about making sure that, when we go forward, we put some of the things right we put wrong this year."

A shortage of attacking options has, at times, hampered Newcastle this season and Pardew hinted that they could be interested in signing QPR's Loïc Rémy – the forward Harry Redknapp hijacked from beneath their noses at the 11th hour in January – once the window re-opens next month. "We've got to bring two strikers to this club in my opinion," said Pardew. "Therefore I'm not going to dismiss any striker I think has great quality, which Loïc Rémy has."

He also hopes to keep Fabricio Coloccini, whose recent return from injury has stabilised Newcastle's defence. Coloccini has had personal problems and was disappointed not to be allowed to return to Argentina in January.

"Colo's future is something we'll have to address, I haven't given up hope that he might stay," said Pardew. "When he plays for this club he's brilliant. I will fight for him to stay. But, ultimately, it will be Colo's decision."

Glad that he's able to admit he's been poor.

He now complains about a lack of spending last summer while claiming at the time that we were able to challenge for the CL.

Last week I was one hundred percent sure he would be gone following this dire campaign. But the Wigan result - assuming we get a good result at QPR, has / will probably take some of the sting out of this month of bad results as we limp over the line. All the talk about Ferguson's legacy, having to deal with poor seasons early on etc as well.

I suspect he will still be here come the first day of the season.  :undecided:

Couple of additional bits:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastles-alan-pardew-sack-possibility-1880862

As he prepared to thrash out the future, including his own, with the club hierarchy, Pardew said: "It'll be uncomfortable for us both, because we've both underachieved. Him as an owner and me as a manager.

"We need to find out what the reasons were, and then it's for Mike - hopefully with me - to decide how to go forward."

Asked to explain how exactly Ashley had underachieved, Pardew replied: "I'm talking about as a club - we've underachieved as a club. So the point is: We all take responsibility.

"I don't want you to draw that up as anything else. I'm trying to make the point that we've got to be honest.

"That ultimate decision is not mine, so we could get the points we need and Mike could decide he needs to move to another manager.

"I like to think that he won't, that next year we'll stay with myself, and we need to make some changes and we'll do that.

"We know we've got an uncomfortable conversation regarding the form this year, the underachievement that's been mentioned, and everything else.

"My job is to manage this football club with dignity, with honesty, which I've done - not just with the players but with the press and, more importantly, with our fans.

"Hopefully it'll be good enough to keep my job. It's a privilege and honour.

"I'm confident enough that I want to be the manager of this football club.

"Some of the issues I've had this year - the injuries more than anything, to key players at key times - have been a massive blow to this football club. That's something we can't afford to happen."

Pardew said the planning meeting will be held as soon as the season finishes: "Soon as me and Mike sit down. Soon as we know where we are - what division we're in - because we don't know what division we're in yet.

"We finished fifth last year and everybody perhaps assumed we'd roll into that sort of season again. We didn't. Those reasons I shall keep to myself for this time, but I have relative views on that. In terms of, 'Were we good enough?' Well, we couldn't have been, because this is where we are."

Sources claim Ashley has been supportive and encouraging with Pardew this week as he tried to earn the win that should guarantee top flight football next season.

Last week I was one hundred percent sure he would be gone following this dire campaign. But the Wigan result - assuming we get a good result at QPR, has / will probably take some of the sting out of this month of bad results. All the talk about Ferguson's legacy, having to deal with poor seasons early on etc as well.

The crowd reaction against Arsenal will be massive for him.

Doesn't take it on the chin though like he could have. Admits he's been poor then says it's a collective thing so everyone's to blame in effect. :lol:

Last week I was one hundred percent sure he would be gone following this dire campaign. But the Wigan result - assuming we get a good result at QPR, has / will probably take some of the sting out of this month of bad results. All the talk about Ferguson's legacy, having to deal with poor seasons early on etc as well.

The crowd reaction against Arsenal will be massive for him.

You think? Assuming we beat QPR / draw and Wigan lose to Arsenal; I can see it being a bit of a nothing game. Crowd uninterested, relief that this seasons over more than anything.

Maybe I'm wrong. At the moment, I don't expect any overwhelming vocal reaction.

You think? Assuming we beat QPR / draw and Wigan lose to Arsenal; I can see it being a bit of a nothing game. Crowd uninterested, relief that this seasons over more than anything.

I don't disagree with you, I just think if the crowd are against him he'll be less likely to be here next season.

So he knows he's underachieved... but yet after every game he always manages to makes excuses up?

How the hell does that work?

Sources claim Ashley has been supportive and encouraging with Pardew this week as he tried to earn the win that should guarantee top flight football next season.

is what worries me tbh.

"We've got to bring two strikers to this club in my opinion," said Pardew. "Therefore I'm not going to dismiss any striker I think has great quality, which Loïc Rémy has."

"Alan, ave a whisper in 'is pearly shell-like, wallop, bosh, all yours.....3 million to 'Slippery Doreen' in the Caymans, ok squire?"

I don't disagree with you, I just think if the crowd are against him he'll be less likely to be here next season.

Yeah for sure. He has been incredibly lucky in that regard, with two away games and results going our way. Just about everyone around me at Liverpool walked out; would have received a pretty fierce reception if we had a home game the following week which also wasn't going to plan.

He admits that he's failed this season but he has done nothing in the last few months to suggest that he is capable of improving the team.  His subs and second half tactics last week were just laughable. His persistence with playing Cisse wide-right is just fucking bizarre, even more so when the central striker was Shola.  Some of the players apparently aren't fit enough to complete 90 minutes so you've got to ask what the hell is going on in training.  We haven't scored from a corner in god knows how long, do they even practice taking them in training?

He sees that we've been awful this season and yet everything that he's done to alter the way the team plays has been backwards.

Doesn't take it on the chin though like he could have. Admits he's been poor then says it's a collective thing so everyone's to blame in effect. :lol:

It's a start. :undecided: