Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest Dontooner

I have no doubt that Ashley will not hesitate to bin Pardew when he's seen enough and wants rid. He's totally ruthless in that respect. Everyone thought Ashley and Llambias were joined at the hip and look what happened. And let's face it Llambias really was Ashley's mouthpiece and never muttered a word against his leader. What happens if we get to a post Pardew scenario is anyone's guess. I hope it doesn't happen, simply because I want Pardew to succeed as our manager., as I have wanted every one of our managers to succeed. The trouble is that the NUFC job has sunk bigger and better managers than Pardew. Not that we are especially different to other clubs, the vast majority of managers have a shelf life that is not of their choosing.

i think this needs a thread in itself, this is such a massive feature of how people view football it boggles my mind....i can see pardew has gone, there's no coming back for him it's just a matter of time

yet it's such a paradox; i want X to succeed because he's our manager despite the fact that he's clearly incapable and at best will only ever succeed in reintroducing 1980's football that may have short term success

no idea idea what i'm saying now, suppose i'm suggesting there's a basic ignorance in football fans that they'd rather ignore what's in front of their face for a couple of decent saturday's out

Thanks for your response. Believe me I am a fan who can see "what's in front of their face" and I've seen the crap that we played at times last season and have the fears that if we don't sort it out there could be more where that came from. And as far as the club is concerned there is also the JFK appointment to bring into play......But yet I still see signs that we can play and I saw signs last season as well, and some of those signs were in games where we got no points. So, in summary, despite my "basic ignorance", I hope you are wrong.

Sorry, awful choice of words, but there's something like a "default setting" in football fans then (not specifically you) to hope for change when all evidence points to the fact that it will not change for the better, nor the longevity of a manager being the best thing for us. Pardew staying with us long term will not result in our success, this is surely obvious to everyone now right?

It's an across the board football thing and I wonder if it's specific to football? Do rugby fans behave the same, I wonder.

You are trapped in a sinking ship, you rather hold your breadth and hopes some one comes to your rescue or get the fuck out of there...

If loyalty distorts the clear mind, alot of blue faced hopeful bodies will be left in bottom of the ocean.

I have no doubt that Ashley will not hesitate to bin Pardew when he's seen enough and wants rid. He's totally ruthless in that respect. Everyone thought Ashley and Llambias were joined at the hip and look what happened. And let's face it Llambias really was Ashley's mouthpiece and never muttered a word against his leader. What happens if we get to a post Pardew scenario is anyone's guess. I hope it doesn't happen, simply because I want Pardew to succeed as our manager., as I have wanted every one of our managers to succeed. The trouble is that the NUFC job has sunk bigger and better managers than Pardew. Not that we are especially different to other clubs, the vast majority of managers have a shelf life that is not of their choosing.

i think this needs a thread in itself, this is such a massive feature of how people view football it boggles my mind....i can see pardew has gone, there's no coming back for him it's just a matter of time

yet it's such a paradox; i want X to succeed because he's our manager despite the fact that he's clearly incapable and at best will only ever succeed in reintroducing 1980's football that may have short term success

no idea idea what i'm saying now, suppose i'm suggesting there's a basic ignorance in football fans that they'd rather ignore what's in front of their face for a couple of decent saturday's out

Thanks for your response. Believe me I am a fan who can see "what's in front of their face" and I've seen the crap that we played at times last season and have the fears that if we don't sort it out there could be more where that came from. And as far as the club is concerned there is also the JFK appointment to bring into play......But yet I still see signs that we can play and I saw signs last season as well, and some of those signs were in games where we got no points. So, in summary, despite my "basic ignorance", I hope you are wrong.

Sorry, awful choice of words, but there's something like a "default setting" in football fans then (not specifically you) to hope for change when all evidence points to the fact that it will not change for the better, nor the longevity of a manager being the best thing for us. Pardew staying with us long term will not result in our success, this is surely obvious to everyone now right?

It's an across the board football thing and I wonder if it's specific to football? Do rugby fans behave the same, I wonder.

You are trapped in a sinking ship, you rather hold your breadth and hopes some one comes to your rescue or get the fuck out of there...

If loyalty distorts the clear mind, alot of blue faced hopeful bodies will be left in bottom of the ocean.

Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine.

Your choice of future job options for Pards says it all really. That's about how highly he's rated in the real world. Is it any surprise he'll support his bosses position when push comes to shove? This is the best job he's ever going to get.

Not really sure the current fashion of employing foreign managers for a top-6 club is really something to beat Pardew with. Isn't Moyes the only British hiring at a top-6 club for the past 10years or so? Even he came from a club already in the top6 and was replaced by a foreign manager (albeit, with Prem experience).

Oh, aye, dodgy 'arry at Spurs. Even Man City went forrin once the cash arrived :lol:

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

7 games for Pardew to be judged on.  Could be gone by Halloween if it goes badly, and would have NO excuses about the quality of opposition.

W1 D1 L0

You could stick Leeds in there now too.

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

7 games for Pardew to be judged on.  Could be gone by Halloween if it goes badly, and would have NO excuses about the quality of opposition.

W1 D1 L0

If we continue to perform in the same manner as the first 2 games in your list, then there will be more "L's" than Welsh Scrabble. I would have thought that you would've seen beyond results. Nothing has changed, yet.

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

W1 D1 L0

You could stick Leeds in there now too.

......... who the fuckin hell's Leeds......

Guest Haris Vuckic

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

W1 D1 L0

If we continue to perform in the same manner as the first 2 games in your list, then there will be more "L's" than Welsh Scrabble. I would have thought that you would've seen beyond results. Nothing has changed, yet.

Apart from the style of play - fundamentally - which takes time.

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

W1 D1 L0

Really? Unless selecting Shola regularly is a fundamental change to our style. We played a bit of deck football second half against a league 2 side the other night, after being second best first half . Nothing has changed. It is still negative,  worry about the opposition instead of bigging up your own team style that we saw the whole of the last season, give or take a game.

And if you are right, why didn't he use pre-season to change the style, if as you say it takes time?

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

W1 D1 L0

:lol: People making this point are starting to remind me of the mackem 'it's not his team' excuse they make for every mint manager they get that turns out to be below average. Takes time ffs, he's been here 2.5 years and counting.

Guest Haris Vuckic

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

W1 D1 L0

Really? Unless selecting Shola regularly is a fundamental change to our style. We played a bit of deck football second half against a league 2 side the other night, after being second best first half . Nothing has changed. It is still negative,  worry about the opposition instead of bigging up your own team style that we saw the whole of the last season, give or take a game.

And if you are right, why didn't he use pre-season to change the style, if as you say it takes time?

Tactics are supposed to be fluid & the stream of tactical evolution is a constant flow - Pardew is no genius but he seen a problem on Wednesday & he fixed it with his substitutions & generally in pre season & against West Ham we weren't aimlessly lumping it. In addition though - pre season is mainly about fitness.

Long ball has it's uses mind - there's nothing wrong with it if it's working. 

Why do you think Shola gets a game, ahead of all of the world class strikers Uncal Miikkee bought Pardew?

Guest Haris Vuckic

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

W1 D1 L0

:lol: People making this point are starting to remind me of the mackem 'it's not his team' excuse they make for every mint manager they get that turns out to be below average. Takes time ffs, he's been here 2.5 years and counting.

Apart from last season - people didn't really have too many issues with him but aye revise history all you like. :lol:

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

W1 D1 L0

Tactics are supposed to be fluid & the stream of tactical evolution is a constant flow - Pardew is no genius but he seen a problem on Wednesday & he fixed it with his substitutions & generally in pre season & against West Ham we weren't aimlessly lumping it. In addition though - pre season is mainly about fitness.

Why do you think Shola gets a game, ahead of all of the world class strikers Uncal Miikkee bought Pardew?

A lack of long ball isn't going to fix our problems, we don't tend to play much of that under Pardew recently, certainly not by design as far as I can tell. The long ball is a consequence of our lack of movement, a lack of movement which is specifically requested by Pardew in order to 'keep it tight'. As long as he prioritises that over scoring goals, we're going nowhere.

Guest Haris Vuckic

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

W1 D1 L0

A lack of long ball isn't going to fix our problems, we don't tend to play much of that under Pardew recently, certainly not by design as far as I can tell. The long ball is a consequence of our lack of movement, a lack of movement which is specifically requested by Pardew in order to 'keep it tight'. As long as he prioritises that over scoring goals, we're going nowhere.

That's utter bollocks to be honest. Did you see how West Ham approached that game?

Here's a clue - the same way Fulham will approach it today. It's easy to look like you aren't moving when there's a back 7 to contend with.

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

W1 D1 L0

That's utter bollocks to be honest. Did you see how West Ham approached that game?

Here's a clue - the same way Fulham will approach it today. It's easy to look like you aren't moving when there's a back 7 to contend with.

It's easier to look like you're not moving when you're not moving. I don't need to find reasons for it because the reason for it has been sitting in the dug out for ages. As for revising history, THAT'S utter bollocks. No-one had any issues with him other than to say that the football we were playing was unsustainable. All those concerns were proved to be justified.

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

W1 D1 L0

I think It is partly be design after all every single set piece we get in our own half we lump forward.

Also if our keeper has the ball 90% of the time it goes long without any attempt to play out from the back

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

W1 D1 L0

I think It is partly be design after all every single set piece we get in our own half we lump forward.

Also if our keeper has the ball 90% of the time it goes long without any attempt to play out from the back

I was more referring to open play, but yeah there's no hiding from the deep dark abyss that is our range of set penises.

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

W1 D1 L0

I was more referring to open play, but yeah there's no hiding from the deep dark abyss that is our range of set penises.

Aka giving the ball back to the opposition without them needing to make an effort

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

W1 D1 L0

So you need a bit of creativity and flair to break it down . Lumping it to Shola is exactly what teams like West Ham want.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-boss-still-hopeful-on-transfer-front-1-5999217

“I did think this window would be difficult – with (Hatem) Ben Arfa, Cabaye or Colo (Fabricio Coloccini) or somebody being interested in one of our players.

He loves it :lol:

God he's a depressing t***. The fact he names them is ludicrous

That's my point, just say we aren't interesting in selling anyone. If he gets asked what if a bid comes in. Just say "it wouldn't be welcome".

I hate him.

Literally all he has to say.  We don't want to sell anyone. Easy as that.

The blokes a fucking moron

He's not a moron, he's doing what he's paid to do. I'm sure it's all in his job description.

What happened with Carroll then, because at the time he said we would not be selling 100%. Now admittedly we couldn't turn that daft amount down. But wasn't he doing Ashley bidding then, couldn't be job description if he was saying the opposite to what he says now.

Not sure man, maybe it's what he was advised to say at the time, who knows.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-boss-still-hopeful-on-transfer-front-1-5999217

“I did think this window would be difficult – with (Hatem) Ben Arfa, Cabaye or Colo (Fabricio Coloccini) or somebody being interested in one of our players.

That's my point, just say we aren't interesting in selling anyone. If he gets asked what if a bid comes in. Just say "it wouldn't be welcome".

I hate him.

The blokes a f***ing moron

He's not a moron, he's doing what he's paid to do. I'm sure it's all in his job description.

Even if it's not, what's he going to do? Say "f*** you Mike I'll tell it like it is, and you can shove your job up your arse"?

He was a jobless t*** when we hired him and he'll be a jobless t*** when he leaves. Not really any surprise he'll toe the line all things considered.

He'll get a job soon enough if he leaves us. Maybe a lower tier Prem side or upper Championship. He will have way more experience and success on his cv than most of the other possibles who will be in the market. 

Your choice of future job options for Pards says it all really. That's about how highly he's rated in the real world. Is it any surprise he'll support his bosses position when push comes to shove? This is the best job he's ever going to get.

I think all we can do is hope (or at least I do) that he does what David Moyes did at Everton and recovers from a very poor second full season. The Moyes comparison has been discussed on here before but if Everton had sacked Moyes in 2004, and they must have considered it given the apparent turmoil at the club, his cv at that time would have been less impressive than Pardew's is now. 

Guest bimpy474

I hate him.

Even if it's not, what's he going to do? Say "f*** you Mike I'll tell it like it is, and you can shove your job up your arse"?

He was a jobless t*** when we hired him and he'll be a jobless t*** when he leaves. Not really any surprise he'll toe the line all things considered.

He'll get a job soon enough if he leaves us. Maybe a lower tier Prem side or upper Championship. He will have way more experience and success on his cv than most of the other possibles who will be in the market. 

I think all we can do is hope (or at least I do) that he does what David Moyes did at Everton and recovers from a very poor second full season. The Moyes comparison has been discussed on here before but if Everton had sacked Moyes in 2004, and they must have considered it given the apparent turmoil at the club at that time, his cv would have been less impressive than Pardew's is now. 

Completely wrong like, Moyes had been manager at Preston kept them up, then got them promoted. Then he got the Everton job.

Pardew, Reading did ok, West Ham did ok then crap, sacked. Charlton exact same, Southampton did ok, sacked for apparent low staff morale and being unpopular with the chairman. Newcastle did well, now doing crap.

Moyes's cv wasn't less impressive imo.

I hate him.

I think all we can do is hope (or at least I do) that he does what David Moyes did at Everton and recovers from a very poor second full season. The Moyes comparison has been discussed on here before but if Everton had sacked Moyes in 2004, and they must have considered it given the apparent turmoil at the club at that time, his cv would have been less impressive than Pardew's is now. 

Completely wrong like, Moyes had been manager at Preston kept them up, then got them promoted. Then he got the Everton job.

Pardew, Reading did ok, West Ham did ok then crap, sacked. Charlton exact same, Southampton did ok, sacked for being unpopular with the chairman. Newcastle did well, now doing crap.

Moyes's cv wasn't less impressive imo.

Pardew has more Premiership experience than Moyes had at that time, he also took West Ham to an FA Cup Final (was within a few seconds of winning it) and us to the last 8 of the Europa League.