Alan Pardew

Mike

You're akin to baghead if you reckon last year was anything other than jenkem all over last year like. This year their has been improvement for sure; but that's only relative the season past so far. Until we're consistently playing like yesterday then its as up in the air as ever.

Only seen part of the first half and brief higjlights on MoTD, looked good second on the highlights.

We all know to well we could potentially revert back to our awful personality next week and look shit again. But this just seems to wash over Pardew.

So the basics of it this season are..we gifted Hull 3 points and gifted the mackems 3 poits.  Anything out of those two games and we would probably be looking well on target.

Cant believe he dedicated the win to the man child. 

Not sure this is correct, think they are classing some of our long balls as clearances, as they often go nowhere near any of our players.

TFS Newcastle United ‏@TFS_Newcastle 4m

NUFC currently play the joint fewest long balls per game in this season’s Premier League - 53 #nufc http://dlvr.it/4FpkkM

Retweeted by Adam Widdrington

Reply  Retweet  Favorite  More Expand

http://i43.tinypic.com/2lu2ud4.jpg

Same source as had us hitting the most long balls last season which everyone latched onto to hammer Pardew.  Don't think they would have changed their criteria....that and it's plain to see for anyone watching that we hit much less long balls now.

Are they classing a pass as attempts or successes?  Is a punt upfield classed as a pass if it goes straight to an opposition player or does it have to be received by a team mate to be classed?

Without knowing what they class as a pass those stats are pretty meaningless.

Didn't stop the hammering Pardew got for being in spurs' position in that table last year.  We can all see the difference from last year to this. The table only shows the extent to which it's changed.

Nah i think people just saw it with their eyes. you know, by watching the football

That's what I said.

Just got home from the pub I live in Leeds for those that don't know and there was this Geordie lass behind the bar, wasn't bad looking and a Newcastle fan to boot.. She mentioned we beat Chelsea yesterday to which I smiled and replied Pardew is still shit. She replied with he's great and has a gorgeous smile. Brett you don't happen to be a female living in Leeds do you?

There's no chance Brett is from Newcastle. Who in the north east calls their kid Brett? Not a chance.

I see you.

Things are getting personal when my mother's choice of name is getting put on the table.

I can assure everyone I'm not a secret yank. I think Altidore is shit!

70 long balls per game? :lol: What an absolute load of shite that statistic is, because no team plays 70 long balls a game.

:lol:

Remember the time HappyFace's homemade statistics/source had a non-integer for goals scored or sommat :laugh:

70 long balls per game? :lol: What an absolute load of shite that statistic is, because no team plays 70 long balls a game.

Remember the time HappyFace's homemade statistics/source had a non-integer for goals scored or sommat :laugh:

Nah. Quote it.

Anybody with eyes knows what constitutes a long ball. Whoever/whatever is counting them, is failing disasterously. 70 long balls a game :lol:

God I hate stats.

They probably class it as anything over 10metres or something...stupid stats...

70 long balls per game? :lol: What an absolute load of s**** that statistic is, because no team plays 70 long balls a game.

Nah. Quote it.

This upsets the HappyFace.

The stats were regarded as fairly accurate last year.

Funny that.

They probably are accurate based on whatever parameters have been set. I just think these sort of stats don't really matter a toss. They could play 70 balls over 30m instead of under 10 and created 30 x more opportunities from being direct....

Funny that.

The only thing which might have been agreed about was that we were probably the biggest offender, I doubt anybody regarded the numbers as being "fairly accurate."

Guest Haris Vuckic

Funny that.

The only thing which might have been agreed about was that we were probably the biggest offender, I doubt anybody regarded the numbers as being "fairly accurate."

Nobody thought to say so then but now they do.

Curious insight into mentality...

We are playing more football on the ground, players like Anita & Cabaye are helping that cause. Our style of play isnt the issue this season, its been the defence being laughable in several games & a lack of belief if anything whatsoever goes wrong during a game.

Funny that.

Most of used our eyes to agree that it was abysmal rather than treat the stats as gospel, funny that.