Alan Pardew

Mike

I believe that the improvement in playing style has come about because Ashley nailed Pardew about the lack of entertainment and results during the summer 'heart to heart' they reputedly had..others were also involved and I reckon Carr and Carver have put their 2 penn'orth in because they KNOW that NUFC fans want more entertainment and possession football than they were seeing from Pardew's teams.

Pardew picks the side and makes all the subs but I reckon the coaches have had far more influence on the side's performances this season. The players also brought this up with Pardew - remember Jonas complaining about training and Ba saying the fans weren't seeing good football before he left..??

Desperation has really set in. Ashley getting some credit for our improved football....You missed Kinnear off your list btw.

Interesting how suddenly, Pardew apologists are quite prepared to sweep his record at previous clubs under the table because they can hide behind a run of decent results which are largely the result of the signing of Remy. Without Remy's goals, just where would the club be now ? Just in case you have forgotten, this player is on LOAN to NUFC and unlikely to sign permanently unless Ashley breaches his wage structure so what will happen to results then...?

It is a matter of fact that Ashley DID haul Pardew over the coals about both the football being played AND the poor results from last season - are you trying to say that suddenly Pardew has undergone a Damascene conversion to the world of entertaining football and there is no other reason for the side's improvement in style of play than him ? If so, why did he never do this at his other clubs, esp WHU when he had the likes of Mascherano and Tevez at his disposal and failed to use them properly ? Some of us on this remember that Pardew has NEVER been a long-term success at his previous clubs and want a lot more than a few wins, at least one of which was down to an inspired keeping performance by Krul, before we start classing him in the KK or SBR status.

Your quaint little piece about Kinnear isn't even worth a reply.......

I believe that the improvement in playing style has come about because Ashley nailed Pardew about the lack of entertainment and results during the summer 'heart to heart' they reputedly had..others were also involved and I reckon Carr and Carver have put their 2 penn'orth in because they KNOW that NUFC fans want more entertainment and possession football than they were seeing from Pardew's teams.

Pardew picks the side and makes all the subs but I reckon the coaches have had far more influence on the side's performances this season. The players also brought this up with Pardew - remember Jonas complaining about training and Ba saying the fans weren't seeing good football before he left..??

The coaches. :lol:

Have you seen the state of our backroom staff?

So that makes SBR's judgment on Carver faulty as well, then...??

Guest Haris Vuckic

Regardless of how hagiographic you want to get about Robson...

A. It's completely irrelevant

B. Our backroom staff is terrible - there's no two ways about it.

Don't be a coconut.

Don't be a coconut.

So, to summarise, in your opinion SBR had bad judgement?

Tbh, i don't have an ounce of the stuff you'd need a ton of to evaluate a man like SBR.

You think differently about yourself. What qualifies you for that?

Guest Haris Vuckic

Don't be a coconut.

Tbh, i don't have an ounce of the stuff you'd need a ton of to evaluate a man like SBR.

Robson had excellent judgement but he didn't get the man he wanted.

The rest of your post makes no sense. Particularly the last sentence.

Guest icemanblue

I don't quite get why people keep trotting out the line about us being lucky to have Remy's goals?  It's such a non-argument.

Yeah, it's genuinely bizarre. I could understand if they were all ridiculous individual goals, but they haven't been.

I don't quite get why people keep trotting out the line about us being lucky to have Remy's goals?  It's such a non-argument.

Gouffran's scored 3 lately i think.

We don't have goals all the way through the team but i think we're a bit more than a one man side (Remy).

Don't be a coconut.

There's nowt wrong with Carver imo. And there's nothing behind your opinion at all.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Don't be a coconut.

There's nowt wrong with Carver imo. And there's nothing behind your opinion at all.

I never said there was. I said our backroom staff was terrible. Which juxtaposed to other premier league sides it is.

There's nothing to it & Carver is nothing more than bad cop. (Which is useful no doubt)

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew sets his team a Champions League challenge

3 Dec 2013 07:34

Alan Pardew has a simple message for the Newcastle United players who think they can finish in the top four this season: “Prove it”

Alan Pardew has a simple message for the Newcastle United players who think they can finish in the top four this season: “Prove it.”

Both Yohan Cabaye and Loic Remy have spoken about their top-four aspirations in recent weeks, and the Magpies go to Swansea City tomorrow night knowing they can break into the Champions League positions.

However, Pardew – aiming for his fifth win a row in the clash at the Liberty Stadium – is trying to manage expectations amid Newcastle’s hot streak.

Before setting off for the team’s plush hotel in Wales, Pardew said: “Our fans should not get carried away.

“We are a good side but we are yet to prove over the course of 30 games we are a top-six side. That is what we need to do.

“We did that two years ago and that is what we are going to try to do this time.” United fans will be making the 717-mile round trek to Swansea tomorrow night and will not return to Tyneside until the small hours of Thursday morning, many of them heading straight to work on the same day.

Pardew wants his players to make sure

they are repaid with a solid display.

With the Magpies on such a great run and confidence high he added: “It is good for the confidence and good for the mood.

“It is good for our strength of mind, but we have a quick turnaround this week.

“We have Swansea and they will be trying to knock us.

“The thing about the Premier League is any team can beat you.

“So you have to be at your best.

“We had to be at our best to beat West Brom and we will have to be the same at Swansea.”

Pardew could name an unchanged line-up for the clash with the Swans.

However, both Papiss Cisse and Hatem Ben Arfa are both desperate for a slice of the action.

Both have had limited opportunities of late and cannot find a way into the starting XI, the manager identifying Mike Williamson and Shola Ameobi as his in-form men right now.

Pardew said: “Sometimes it is good for the starting XI to have that confidence they can play 90 minutes and see a game out.

“Against Tottenham we did not do that - we had to change with three substitutes and utilise that extra energy.

“I felt we had good energy with the team that started.

“Ameobi and Williamson again proved if you put in the effort then you stay in the team. They were two of the best players on the pitch.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-boss-alan-pardew-6364075

I've always been one of Pard's defenders, but I do wish he'd shut up every now and then.

Don't be a coconut.

I never said there was. I said our backroom staff was terrible. Which juxtaposed to other premier league sides it is.

There's nothing to it & Carver is nothing more than bad cop. (Which is useful no doubt)

which sides in particular, just had a quick look at west brom, west ham, swansea, southampton, villa, everton and nowt really stands out as being a great coaching staff.

I still do not like him and i want him gone at the end of the season! It wont happen though! Im happy that we're doing well results wise so far this season. I still think we should play better than we are with the players available. We are doing well, but imo Pardew isn't the longterm solution.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I still do not like him and i want him gone at the end of the season! It wont happen though! Im happy that we're doing well results wise so far this season. I still think we should play better than we are with the players available. We are doing well, but imo Pardew isn't the longterm solution.

To what?  Finishing tenth?

He's the perfect manager for that.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Are you dumb Vuckic??

What kind of operation do you think Ashley is running here? I think you're the dumb one.

Yeah, it's genuinely bizarre. I could understand if they were all ridiculous individual goals, but they haven't been.

Just another example of how desperate some people seem to be to find fault in Pardew, thereby diluting and to a degree discrediting their more valid criticisms.

Getting the best out of a player = one man team = bad manager. Weird.

Don't remember him talking about black monday when he took Hughtons job.

well there wasn't 7 managers gone in under a week that day.

He talks about good guys losing their jobs and how he hopes they find new clubs soon etc etc trying to play the good management citizen when he'd been scheming behind another managers back for months waiting to take his job.

Find the whole act a bit irksome tbqh.