Alan Pardew

Mike

if you think I'm off my rocker, fine ...

I don't think Pardew is the complete disaster most of here seem to think. I don't think he'll get us relegated. On the other hand, I don't think due to the previous excellent season that he's a fantastic manager who will get us consistently in the top 6/europe.

I don't think he's the biggest problem.

Fans and Ashley have different criteria for success. If according to Ashley, the aim is top 10, I think Pardew can get us there next season (if we bring in at least another striker, and have a bit more luck on injuries) - we used all our luck the season we got fifth, and had lots of bad luck last year.

Look, I would love to replace Pardew (not personally... well, actually...) but with someone more likely to succeed - and that will cost more. Ashley isn't going to fund it (concretely, I would have loved it if we took Benitez when Chelsea discarded him ...  ), so lets get behind Pardew as the best option available. I was gutted, when Pardew replaced Houghton (was convinced we would go down that season) but so far, its been ...average. So good (some fantastic, the season we finished fifth was one of the most enjoyable for what, a decade?) some mediocre (or worse) - especially the 0-10 of the last three home games  - but I would honestly give him a couple of months this season to see if he can turn it around.

Just as a heads up, nobody is interested in hearing this argument!

Probably because it's bollocks.

Guest Phil K

Our existing players should fairly easily be able to finish top 10 really. Another striker should guarantee it.

No doubt. If it wasn't for Pardew and Kinnear. As true a case of the blind leading the sighted as theres ever been

Guest neesy111

the more this "transfer window" goes on the more convinced I am Ashley and Kinnear are trying to get Pardew to resign in frustration by not signing anyone

Yeap.  Tbf, most managers would had resigned by now.  Pardew is desperate to hang onto this gig as he won't get anything better again such is the luck that got him into the job.

the more this "transfer window" goes on the more convinced I am Ashley and Kinnear are trying to get Pardew to resign in frustration by not signing anyone

Yeap.  Tbf, most managers would had resigned by now.  Pardew is desperate to hang onto this gig as he won't get anything better again such is the luck that got him into the job.

doubt many would resign with 7 years on the contract and when its clear they want rid of him most would wait for the sacking and what must be an exceptionally large payoff

Guest bimpy474

Giving Ashley and JFK far too much credit, they would be that clever.

well it wouldn't be the first time for Ashley now would it?

No but JFK, would you set a plan like that in action involving him. He's a blundering idiot.

No but JFK, would you set a plan like that in action involving him. He's a blundering idiot.

hence why its blatantly obvious

Guest bimpy474

hence why its blatantly obvious

Actually he might not of told JFK about the plan, that makes even more sense as it goes :lol:

Guest neesy111

Tbf, I hope Pardew if he resigns tries to sue the fuck out of Ashley.  Wonder if Llambias will do.

Guest bimpy474

Tbf, I hope Pardew if he resigns tries to sue the fuck out of Ashley.  Wonder if Llambias will do.

Llambias cant sue him, Ashley can appoint who he likes when he likes, just like any other job. Llambias resigned as he didn't like what Ashley was doing. I've been in a couple of jobs where reshuffles have been done, you dont like it, you leave, just as Llambias did.

Guest bimpy474

So as it stands :

Gone/cant be selected : Harper, Simpson, Xisco, Perch, Tavernier, Abeid, Ferguson.

Can be selected : Kemen (not really as he's about 5 years old).

Think of that money saved.

So as it stands :

Gone/cant be selected : Harper, Simpson, Xisco, Perch, Tavernier, Abeid, Ferguson.

How many of those actually contributed anything meaningful to the squad though? Also slightly silly to ignore all the people who came in in January.

Guest bimpy474

So as it stands :

How many of those actually contributed anything meaningful to the squad though? Also slightly silly to ignore all the people who came in in January.

Eh ?. I'm talking about since the end of this season and the squad pool overall. Hence the selection bit.

Met Pards this morning by the Ritz. When I asked him about signings he just said that was the reason he was down here in London. Must be for Remy surely? Oh and he says he doesnt have much to do with Joe Kinnear on a day to day basis at all.

Met Pards this morning by the Ritz. When I asked him about signings he just said that was the reason he was down here in London. Must be for Remy surely? Oh and he says he doesnt have much to do with Joe Kinnear on a day to day basis at all.

Both good :lol:

Both good :lol:

Yeah admittedly it wasn't the most in depth or insightful interview!